I gave my z30 to dad and took his z10.

Was planning to sell the z10 but then a thought crossed my mind.

Why not keep the z10 and use is on the weekends when I'm not fully at work.

The form is perfect and it's pocketable. Batt life not an issue as its the weekend!

Anyone doing this now?

Am I crazy? Should I just sell it and keep the money?

Thoughts appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 12:46 PM
    Keep in mind that they take different sim cards, so I believe that an adapter is required.

I wouldn't see the need but to to each their own, give it a shot and see what you like.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 12:55 PM
    I still have my q5/ q10/ 2 z10's/ z30 and my beloved passport! Switch them up every now and then.
    01-04-15 01:08 PM
    Not keeping a Z10 but I am keeping a Z30. If I'm out running or doing other activities I like having a phone for emergencies but don't want to rough up the Passport.

If I didn't do this, next thing you'd know is we'd have yet another bent/twisted/lifting/etc. type thread to read!

Depending on your weekend activity level, preserving your PP while using a Z10 at these times seems much more worth it than the money you'd make selling it, IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:18 PM
    Amen!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    01-04-15 01:34 PM
    I still have both my Z's. The Z30 is currently out on loan as a BlackBerry ambassador. The Z10 is snuggly swaddled in my desk drawer, complete with a Telus micro SIM, ready to be put into action with a moment's notice should something catastrophic happen to my Passport. The new SIM only takes a few moments to register online. Everything else critical for day-to-day activity is either Active-Synced, or on my microSD. So yeah, I'd keep it.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on CB10!
    01-04-15 01:38 PM
    I kept my Z30 with this intent, but to be honest, I haven't switched back once.
    I still power it up and charge it and sync emails with it every couple of days though just in case...
    01-04-15 01:39 PM
    I always keep my last device as a spare. In case of smashing. For awhile I had no spare and then my mother broke her Q5 and it was kind of a pain not having an extra to loan her. So I bought an extra Q5. Haven't needed it as a spare yet, but since it's unlocked, I have loaned it out with a ROAM Mobile Sim to family traveling to the US.

Doesn't hurt to have an extra IMO.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:48 PM
    Also just as a spare god forbid something happens to my PP. I haven't touched my Z10 since I got my PP 2 months ago. Just can't go back to the small form factor. Will pull it out only in an emergency. Plan to keep it just for that reason but suspect it will never be used again.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    01-04-15 01:53 PM
    I loaned mine to a friend. I have a lumia for a backup.
    Not sure I would ever want to downgrade but I might want something small for riding my bike next year.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:08 PM
    I loaned mine to a friend. I have a lumia for a backup.
    Not sure I would ever want to downgrade but I might want something small for riding my bike next year.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

Let say you are heading to the beach....

A pp on the beach is crazy and one looks out of place. A smaller Z10 makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:06 PM
    I kept my Z10 and for one primary reason. T-Mobile wi-fi calling for when I need it (like when traveling internationally). Yes I got a nano to micro adapter for my Z10.

You do have to be careful with the adapters as I have read tons of horror stories about people breaking their Z10 SIM pins when removing the card. I got an adapter that is sticky on the inside so that the nano card doesn't dislodge on removal thus reducing the risk of getting SIM pins stuck in it.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:12 PM
    That's two timing!
    No phone likes to be two timed....why go backwards to a phone when you are already using a better one?!?!?!??
    In other words why go back to driving a Honda civic, when you are already driving an Alfa Romeo ?!?!?!?? (The 159 would be my choice.)
    driving the
    I gave my z30 to dad and took his z10.

Was planning to sell the z10 but then a thought crossed my mind.

Why not keep the z10 and use is on the weekends when I'm not fully at work.

The form is perfect and it's pocketable. Batt life not an issue as its the weekend!

Anyone doing this now?

Am I crazy? Should I just sell it and keep the money?

Thoughts appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:50 PM
    I'd keep it for sure.

You don't want to be taking your passport out to various social outings, the gym, etc right. You'd want something more pocket friendly.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-05-15 08:17 AM
    I use my Z10 for when I am out and about or out on outdoor adventures!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 08:39 AM
    I basically use my z10 as a standalone media device.

At home, I use it to stream music (Slacker Radio) to my audio system over wifi.

In my car I use it as an mp3 player connected via aux or bluetooth.

At the gym or if I'm commuting I'll use it as a mp3 or video player.

Saves me from having to use my passport for the same things thereby preserving my passport's battery life.

At home I sometimes use it over wifi as an alternative VOIP phone, using Fongo.

It's been handy!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 12:06 PM