I bought the Tylt Vu wireless charger for my AT&T Passport. It was very spotty at best - would only randomly charge at random times for random periods of time. I tried it without a case and with the Seidio Surface case with the same results. I would try to rearrange the phone on the charger and also got the same results. I went ahead and returned the device and got another Tylt Vu, assuming I just received a broken device.

This new device has the same results, if not worse. It will charge for about 3 seconds and then blink an error red light and stop. I find it hard to believe I got 2 bad devices and think for some reason the 2 devices aren't compatible?

I really like the wireless charger (convenient) and the Blue Tylt Vu looks really nice, but it just isn't working. Has anyone been able to get the Tylt Vu to work with their AT&T PP? What about another wireless charger for the PP? I am going to return this device, but don't want to get yet another wireless charger only to find out it also doesn't work.

Do you think it is the PP or the charger? 2 bad chargers sounds suspicious to me!
    06-08-15 01:45 PM
    The standard VZW wireless charger disk works great for me. I center my Z30 and charging begins, simple as that. I really don't even have to center it for the charging to start.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/verizon-qi-wireless-charging-pad/
    06-08-15 02:03 PM
    I saw them in Canada at my service provider for $79.99 and asked about them. They were pushing them for Samsung S5 and S6. Too bad my square passport doesnt support wireless charging or I would have tried it

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-08-15 02:06 PM
    I wonder did they go with exclusivity for AT&T like they did with VZW on the Z30.
    06-08-15 02:15 PM
    I use the Powerbot wireless Qi Charger with my AT&T Passport and I love it. One at work, one at home. Works well, charges at a good pace and no problems that I am aware of.

One thing to note....I also have the AT&T Body Glove case and belt clip. Charges fine with the casing on the phone, but have to remove it from the belt clip so that it lays on the pod properly to charge.
    06-08-15 05:04 PM
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a magnetic wireless charger? The original powermats with the case had a slightly magnetic connection which helped align the device and was hoping for the same now. The palm pre had it the best if anyone recalls.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 08:01 PM
    I'm have the tyltvu as well and have experienced the same results that you have mentioned. I've discontinued using mine due to the fact the my passport was getting so hot when charging. I was never able to get a full charge out of it.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 12:38 AM
    Probably won't help you AT&T PP users but I bought this wireless receiver and charger pad from ebay and they work perfectly through my Amzer case:
    Receiver
    Universal Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Pad Kit for All Micro-USB Android Mobile | eBay
    Pad
    UK Qi Wireless Charging Charger Pad for iPhone 6 plus Samsung Nexus Nokia HTC LG | eBay

Things to remember with wireless charging.
    1) It is NOT FAST. It is a trickle charging system. I reckon about 50% slower than a 800mAh wired charger.
    2) Alignment is absolutely key. 2 or 3 mm out of alignment will drop the charge amount by tens of percent. So if you have a thick phone case on then you may be able to only charge at 25% of the full capacity of a wireless system which is already very slow.
    3) For the USB supplied pad to be able to pump out it's stated 1000mAh it will need a very high power input. I use a 2000mAh mains supply for maximum charging. If I use a 1000mAh mains supply it barely works at all.

Hope this helps a bit.
    06-09-15 03:00 AM
    Probably won't help you AT&T PP users but I bought this wireless receiver and charger pad from ebay and they work perfectly through my Amzer case:
    Receiver
    Universal Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Pad Kit for All Micro-USB Android Mobile | eBay
    Pad
    UK Qi Wireless Charging Charger Pad for iPhone 6 plus Samsung Nexus Nokia HTC LG | eBay

Things to remember with wireless charging.
    1) It is NOT FAST. It is a trickle charging system. I reckon about 50% slower than a 800mAh wired charger.
    2) Alignment is absolutely key. 2 or 3 mm out of alignment will drop the charge amount by tens of percent. So if you have a thick phone case on then you may be able to only charge at 25% of the full capacity of a wireless system which is already very slow.
    3) For the USB supplied pad to be able to pump out it's stated 1000mAh it will need a very high power input. I use a 2000mAh mains supply for maximum charging. If I use a 1000mAh mains supply it barely works at all.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Patman ...did you put the receiver inside or just lay it outside the back?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 06:32 AM
    Patman ...did you put the receiver inside or just lay it outside the back?

Posted via CB10
    Hi Patapoof

I just lay it between the back and the clip on Amzer. This means I can remove it quickly if I need to fast charge the PP with a 2.1 Playbook charger.
    Also the distance between the receiver antennae and transmitter pad is the minimal possible.

Anyone have the Tylt Vu (or any) Wireless charger w/PP?-img-20150610-00001.jpgAnyone have the Tylt Vu (or any) Wireless charger w/PP?-img-20150610-00002.jpgAnyone have the Tylt Vu (or any) Wireless charger w/PP?-img-20150610-00003.jpg
    06-10-15 03:01 AM
    I just ordered this one from Amazon due to the reviews. I'm hoping it works well as a nighttime bedside charger.

Anyone have the Tylt Vu (or any) Wireless charger w/PP?-img_20150610_045553.png

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    06-10-15 03:57 AM