01-07-15 11:08 AM
56 123
tools
    For those llike me with a passport and the BlackBerry case has anyone noticed physical damage on the top of their phone where the case connects to the phone? I have some pretty intense dents in the top of my phone from this damn case, am I alone?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:02 PM
    Anyone have damage on their passport from the case?-img_20141127_181408.jpg

As you'll see in the image,

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    11-27-14 06:16 PM
    Yep me too and a lil pissed about it.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:18 PM
    Me too man, spent almost $800 on this phone after tax and bought the case right away to PROTECT the phone... ugh

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:21 PM
    Yup, same here. The case cuts in into the top fo the phone. I filed my edges down a bit and smoothed them out. Seems to be helping on my new device.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:49 PM
    I'll be skipping the case.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:50 PM
    So far my Passport is fine using the launch case. I hope you can get another top cover as it appears to have dented that up. The phone is awesome I hope you report this.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:52 PM
    I have the same issue. Super pissed about it however its one of those things, what can you do about it?
    11-27-14 06:58 PM
    Reminds me of the case I had on my torch. Ruined the phone

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:58 PM
    nope none here with hard shell
    11-27-14 06:59 PM
    I plan on first b!tching to my carrier and if that goes nowhere I'll goto BlackBerry... a man's gotta try

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:59 PM
    I would say you'd have to acspect them little dings with cases like these!
    11-27-14 07:01 PM
    I don't have a case but I have a similar mark on the top right corner of my Passport. It's pretty hard to see it in all honesty. My mark looks like it's from hitting pavement but I don't recall ever dropping it on pavement. Not sure what happened.

The thing is, in past experience, I find that this type of rubberized backing tends to peal off after a while. Particularly after pressure and rubbing.

I guess what I'm saying is, you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-27-14 07:15 PM
    Have the same BlackBerry hard case and no issue here. Maybe an issue with the tolerance of the case?
    11-27-14 07:23 PM
    I just removed my hard shell case but I can't see any damage to the phone.

I feel your pain OP but am very glad that my case hasn't damaged my phone.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-27-14 07:25 PM
  16. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Mine has no dents but small blemishes on all corners. This all after just a full day of use with a hard shell case. I put tape on the phone's edges to protect is from the case (w/c is ironic). But seeing all the issues now popping up here at the forum, I'm seriously considering using the phone naked as soon as the pouch arrives.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:58 PM
    I just bought one...but hasn't arrived yet. Thanks for posting the pic and warning. Not going to use now, I have another case that covers the front and back from TETDED (has no window for the LED though). I guess the BlackBerry case is still better than no protection. If it really hit the ground, the phone without a case would be much much worse off. So a little "dammed if you do" and seriously "dammed if you don't".

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 08:05 PM
    For those llike me with a passport and the BlackBerry case has anyone noticed physical damage on the top of their phone where the case connects to the phone? I have some pretty intense dents in the top of my phone from this damn case, am I alone?

Posted via CB10
    Can you indicate what version of the case that you have? Perhaps the problem cases are limited to a specific revision.

My case says the following, and I have not experienced the problem. HDW-59325-001 Rev. 1 09/24/14
    11-27-14 08:32 PM
    Mine has the same marks on it. It's obviously the wear from taking the case on and off. As much as you like to rock it naked, you can't see the scratches when the case is on. Go and find your old Torch or Bold and see how many scratches and scuffs it has on it... it's like a new car, the first scratch is tough to take but you're going to have this phone a long time and it's going to get some wear. Consider your device worn in. At least the screen isn't shattered like a third of the iPhones out there (with the other two thirds already having had their screens replaced x ammount of times).

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-27-14 08:35 PM
    It's called wear and tear. Normal use.
    If you don't want your shoes to wear out...don't wear them.
    Last edited by GeoK; 11-27-14 at 11:53 PM.
    11-27-14 09:06 PM
    I have an ever so slight mark on one corner only, not too concerned about it. I probably would have never saw it if it wasn't for this thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:19 PM
    Thats not a problem, thats normal, plastic of plastic friction will leave marks. My Otterbox used to leave huge gouges on my 9900. Nothing wrong with the phone or the case, they are both fine.
    11-27-14 09:20 PM
    Well this poses a question to the OP..how many times have to taken off the case since you got the phone?

Also could it be the rev date of the case?

BlackBerry Passport - 10.3 - WIND Mobile
    11-27-14 09:26 PM
    It's like the day I took my Otterbox off my pristine Q10 to find it all scuffed from rubbing the inside of the case. It was pretty bad but the Otterbox was tough and protected the phone from worse. It was a trade off I guess.
    11-27-14 09:26 PM
  25. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    I think the purpose of this thread is to at least have all the information on the table so every passport users will have an idea what their getting into when they make a specific purchase of a case. So here are your options:

1) You can go naked and risk your phone to about anything.

2) Get a hard case and have a minimal protection with small blemishes on the corners as a trade off but enjoy a close to naked feel and look (the phone).

3) tpu cases like amzer w/c offers more protection and will not scratch your device but has that plastic feeling and looks more "generic" less classy.

4) flip/pouch/holster case which offers maximum protection but less pocketable and obviously no protection once the phone is out, which is when accidents usually happen.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:51 PM
56 123