Just wondering what the experience was/is like. I am ready to jump from VZW after over 20 years and am hoping I can make it work service-wise to get the phone I want.
    Any honest feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    07-03-15 08:50 PM
    I've not done this. But I will advise not to move to another carrier unless you know you can get the SAME coverage based on locations you travel to. Like work, home, family and holiday locations...
    raino likes this.
    07-03-15 08:52 PM
    Agreed. T-Mobile may have lower rates, but their coverage doesn't come close to Verizon or AT&T. There are large areas where you can't get more than voice service with T-Mobile when Verizon offers full LTE.

If you're in a major city and don't stray too far from one, T-Mobile may be a good option. Otherwise, look at AT&T as a GSM option.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 08:17 AM
    Just wondering what the experience was/is like. I am ready to jump from VZW after over 20 years and am hoping I can make it work service-wise to get the phone I want.
    Any honest feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    TMO has a program called Test Drive and it lets you try out their network for two weeks. Unfortunately the phone they hand out is an iPhone and put a hold on your credit card for the value of the phone (that goes away once the phone is returned undamaged,) but it will give you an idea of how the TMO network is in places that matter to you. You can find more information here: T-Mobile Test Drive | Try our 4G LTE Network for Free
    clareberry likes this.
    07-04-15 09:12 PM
    Thank you so much. I'm trying to get rid of my damn iPhone, but I guess it will get me the info I need. Thanks again

Sent from an unnamed device until I get my BLackberry Z30!!!!! using Tapatalk
    07-04-15 09:15 PM
    I went from VZ to AT&T months ago when the Passport released. Never looked back!!! Best phone I have EVER had. 160 GB memory. 3 GB RAM. Quad core processor. I can leave my computer home most days.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 02:40 AM
    T-Mo is hinting at handling Passport. If so, you may be able to get one of T-Mo's most useful options: wifi-calling. They only allow it (at present) on phones they actually carry (carried). The service is way underrated; it allows you to connect any where in the world (where there's wifi) as if the phone were running on T-mo in the US. Plus, on wifi-calling battery use is hugely reduced. I have been with them for 10 years, travel frequently around the US, more frequently in Europe and -- sometimes -- the Middle East. Have almost never been w/o service. Also, T-Mo's Euro rates are so cheap, I've never used a foreign SIM in my unlocked phones.
    07-05-15 10:15 AM
    I dropped Verizon due to my huge bill. The Passport was just gravy. My wife complains about the service, but I'm more than happy to give up service while in the car (I get LTE when I'm not in the car. Rural areas) to cut my bill by a third. Yes, a third. From $300 to $100 for 4 lines. I'll never go back to Verizon if I can help it. They're a bunch of greedy crooks.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:21 AM
    I'm currently running both.

If you're primarily in cities there is absolutely no reason not to switch.

If you travel, especially if you're west of Illinois, you may want to think about it.
    07-05-15 10:22 AM
    I sure did and I don't regret it one bit

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 11:39 AM
    I just received my Passport and looking at all the other gsm carriers. Been with Verizon since day 1. If Tmobile does not work out, I will probably go to Cricket which in theory has the same coverage as ATT.

I am hoping the Tmobile - Dish merger goes through. It should increase Tmobile's coverage considerably.
    07-24-15 01:43 PM
    We dumped vz a couple of years back with minimal regrets. Vz wanted over $200 for 4 lines . In th NE FL area, coverage is adequate. Some of the more rural areas are a bit data impaired.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    07-24-15 08:20 PM
    I went from Verizon to T-Mobile and couldn't be happier. My LTE speeds tripled, I actually get better coverage in a lot of places that Verizon was awful. Every area is different check your local map on T-Mobile's site. This isn't 2005 anymore, T-Mobile has a really strong network in a lot of areas.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    07-24-15 08:49 PM
    I left Verizon for Tmobile/Passport and am really happy. I live in Cincinnati and have no issues and get much better coverage inside buildings.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 09:58 AM
    I got rid of Verizon years ago due to high cost and lousy coverage.
    They have awesome coverage now.

What I do, since I travel a lot and Tmo has a lot of aread with only 2g coverage, I got a straight talk mobile hot spot that uses Verizon. It is only $15 per month and it allows me to get good data coverage in my car wherever I go.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 11:10 AM