Blackberry Die Hard here with crazy need for the latest best BB.......

9900 to Q10 to Z10 t0 Z30 to Passport last December.

Then ... bricked Passport using Sachesi to update....

Then tried Classic but too slow and laggy - returned for AT&T Passport - returned for Classic (without using SD card or Android Apps to speed up OS) Form factor and ease of one handed use makes the Classic a great phone - closest thing to 9900, and finally...

Ordered Red Passport last week and keeping Classic! Having both fulfills a BB junkie's needs!

What a trip! Lol

Posted via CB10
    The quest for a perfect BlackBerry will end at Z50, and that's why BlackBerry will never make Z50.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-19-15 08:34 PM
    Ok.
    Can anyone tell me why I need to go from the blackberry bold 9900 to the passport.
    Am I going to enjoy the keyboard more than the bold! I'm desperate.
    I think I need to go to ATT and buy it today. So I can experience it for my self!
    Stay calm. Buy a Q10 to try out BB10 software. You may find it the perfect upgrade to a 9900!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 02:14 AM
    Oh man!
    I didn't know I had 14 days!
    That's a game changer right there. I could go and buy it, if I'm not convinced then return it and go with the classic since my bold 9900 does not last me all day. It dies pretty quick, although it also charger in two seconds too.
    Get an external charger and second battery for your new Q10. You'll never worry about battery life again. And they are cheap on Amazon/eBay.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 02:15 AM
    I still have my q10, and it' still perfect whenever I need a smaller device. Since last week I now also own a Passport, and I love it. I think that the two are hardly comparable. Both are quite good at what they were designed for. Just my two cents.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    05-20-15 02:34 AM
    Coming from Android and my interest in smartphone hardware, it is kind of a bummer to see the Classic's hardware.

If the classic had the same internals as the Passport, I'd have one to try already.

Is the OS stuttery on the Classic or just slow to process?

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-20-15 03:14 AM
    I don't choose. On my left hip is my Verizon Classic. It has to be my main phone because of the coverage in my area.
    On my right hip is an unlocked Passport running on Consumer Cellular so that I can use AT&T towers cheaply for those few places that VZW doesn't work.

If I had to choose only one, it would be a tough choice, probably the Passport because I can do everything except select text easily, which is why I prefer the Classic for that stuff. I can use the Passport as my phone and tablet. For just phone/email stuff the Classic is great, even if it's a little slower.
    lactose likes this.
    05-20-15 04:43 AM
    As soon as I can use a Passport on Verizon I will get one and rotate between it and my Classic. At least thats the plan.
    05-20-15 09:41 AM
    Is the OS stuttery on the Classic or just slow to process?

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    I'd say a little slow to process. It just takes an extra second or two when opening some apps (particularly Android). Large webpages, especially ones with graphics and pictures can take a few seconds longer to load. Ditto for the Hub when you refresh it. It's pretty much identical to the Z30/PP when doing basic operations (and seemingly a little faster in connecting calls). The Classic has the youngest and least debugged version of the BB10 OS, so it's slightly buggier than my Z30, but the bugs are always very minor. There is the occasional hiccup, but nothing that doesn't also happen with every other smartphone. It's just more noticeable on the Classic than other BlackBerries, since the speed of inputs can be so much faster on the Classic. Hiccups in the timing of the animations, transitions, and loading is more noticeable once you get faster in your commands.

The Classic is not as fast to load pages/apps as the PP or 2015-spec phones. It could be faster, but the lagginess of it has been exaggerated.

From a Classic
    05-20-15 09:45 AM
    Ok.
    Can anyone tell me why I need to go from the blackberry bold 9900 to the passport.
    Am I going to enjoy the keyboard more than the bold! I'm desperate.
    I think I need to go to ATT and buy it today. So I can experience it for my self!
    The wider keyboard is nice, and the virtual part of the keyboard is easy to get used to. However, text selection and manipulation on the Passport is, in my opinion, far inferior to the 9900. For example, say you've typed 5 lines of text, and you want to highlight and copy a sentence that starts on line 4 and ends on line 5. On the 9900 you just hold shift and swipe left until you get the whole sentence. On the Passport, once you've swiped to the leftmost side of line 5, swiping further left doesn't move you up to line 4. You have to then swipe up and back to the right.

I know that sounds picky of me, but after 6 months of using the Passport it still drives me crazy. I'm curious as to whether it was a design decision of the software team, or just an oversight. To me, it makes the capacitive keyboard just a gimmick instead of a useful feature.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:25 AM
    I own Passport since half a year. Sometime ago I spent few minutes in shop playing with Classic. My first impression was like the Classic's keyboard is so so worst than Passport's one. So I stick to my Passport, it's great device.

PIN: 2BEC9B73
    05-20-15 10:39 AM
    For example, say you've typed 5 lines of text, and you want to highlight and copy a sentence that starts on line 4 and ends on line 5. On the 9900 you just hold shift and swipe left until you get the whole sentence. On the Passport, once you've swiped to the leftmost side of line 5, swiping further left doesn't move you up to line 4. You have to then swipe up and back to the right. ...
    Have you tried the same on Passport?
    For eg, wherever your cursor is, just hold Shift and wait for the text bubble to pop-up. Still holding the Shift, use the keyboard to select text.
    It pretty much does the same what my 9900 used to do. It might take a little getting used to but works fine when you master it.

Also you can move the cursor if you double tap the keyboard.

Try this, double tap the keyboard, when the text selector bubble comes up, keep Shift pressed and use the keyboard to select text.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-20-15 03:44 PM
    Well,
    I decided to go with the passport. So far I like everything about it. So far it's definitely feels like an upgrade from my bold 9900.
    Yes, the keyboard is different, I'm hoping it's a matter of learning, but right now I'm not in love with the keyboard. I do like the touch sensitive for Web browsing!
    05-20-15 04:26 PM
    I bought a Passport in November, and then one for my wife in December. Last month I bought a classic from kijiji (craigs list etc). I love both, and switch back and forth frequently. You can certainly notice the difference in speed and the obvious screen improvements with the passport. Does appear, double typing excluding, that there are less glitches with the classic such as proximity sensor, restarts etc on my classic. Kind of like choosing which supermodel you want to take out that day though! If I had to pick one, I'd go Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 06:28 PM
    I'm holding out for a white Classic on at&t... Although I was awfully tempted to grab a black one after trying it out in the store.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 08:36 PM
    I love both and wish there were sim cards that would mirror the same number!
    I keep juggling between the two.
    Hoping for a classic with the Passport keyboard magic tricks as well as I often see myself swiping the keyboard upwards to select a suggested word .
    My friends think I'm bonkers owning so many BlackBerrys (have a Z30 also but due to a micro sim I can't put my nano sim with adapter nightmares).
    But I don't see myself ever going from a Passport to classic (if I had to chose to do so).

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 02:31 AM
    I originally ordered my Classic back in January. Immediately I found myself at home. Four months go by and I decide to go back to my galaxy S4. At almost a month, I return to my comfy Classic. However, my 47 year old eyes aren't what they used to be. After plenty of reading here on Crackberry. The thought of using a Passport intrigued me.

I chose to go to a local ATT by my job. I ask if they had a Blackberry PP on display? The sales consultant walks me over and shows me the demo. Within moments I tell him that I'll take it. As he tried to help me he had a bit of time trouble locating the area to put in the SIM. I show him and I think to myself. This must be his first Passport he's ever sold. Oh well, always a first time for everything.

So, today makes four days of use. I have some mixed reactions. The screen and speed of the device are a delight. The keyboard is ingenious and innovative. However, my thumbs fatigue a bit faster and I still call up the on screen symbols or circular edit tool unintentionally . The space bar could be a tad bit longer. The square size is a blessing and a curse. There are times when I feel confident holding it. Other times I feel like it's going to slip out of my hands. I went with the ATT version because it was easily accessible that day and I am taking full advantage of the four day return policy. Also, I find the rounded edges to be comfortable. In the long run, it does cost more that the original PP on amazon. My only fear with the device is the ongoing issues I've read concerning the glass lifting. Seems like they are using a poor adhesive. I also would not look forward to any double typing issues.

The Classic has a great in hand feel and great keyboard. The screen is clear and manageable. The processor does not bother me. I'm not a speed junkie and the classic is on par with my S4.

I did in all fairness, promise to give the Passport a good amount of time. The Classic does make for a compelling daily companion. Time will tell if the Passport can win my heart.

anyone gone from classic to passport-2015-05-21-19.31.47.jpganyone gone from classic to passport-2015-05-21-19.32.20.jpganyone gone from classic to passport-2015-05-21-19.32.32.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by schlemer; 05-22-15 at 04:53 PM. Reason: photos added
    05-22-15 04:24 PM
    I did in all fairness, promise to give the Passport a good amount of time. The Classic does make for a compelling daily companion. Time will tell if the Passport can win my heart.

Posted via CB10
    That's the way. I got used to it nearly around a month. Before that typing was hideous and troublesome. Also do not switch in between.
    Good Luck!

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-22-15 04:49 PM
    Good advice. I was thinking of ordering an original PP off of Amazon (maybe the while one). That would give me an extra 30 days. I do feel that 14 days is more than enough for me. I'm not a BB newbie. I really love the platform, as well as Android. I'm not really fond of the iOS. I also don't really need a ton of Android apps on my Blackberry. I'm streamlining as I get older.
    05-22-15 05:01 PM
    Well I've had it for 3 days and I can't complain. The speed is great. No hiccups. I love my physical keyboard again. I love BB10. This actually my first experience and it's been very nice to experience. I also love the battery. Today after work I was like 70+ percent and I'm a heavy drainin machine. I did put it on battery mode though. But I've always used low brightness and other stuff like that in my other phones, mainly iPhone because if I don't I won't last a full day. But this battery has surprised me and like isp said the whole experience has been very pleasant.
    05-22-15 06:30 PM
    I have the Passport, wife got the Classic a few months later. Classic is fantastic, smooth, reliable and excellent compromise of size and functionality...BUT the major improvement in performance and screen with the Passport simply can't be beat! If you can handle the. Size, Passport rules, though every once in awhile it would be nice to have wife's Classic for manage ability...Classic Rocks....Passport Rules!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 07:10 PM
45 12