There's a thread at the classic forum, but seems most people there are going from the passport to the classic.
    I was wondering if people in the passport forum has gone from classic to passport or vice versa and then vice versa?
    05-18-15 05:49 PM
    I got the passport before the classic came out, but i really don't think i would go backwards, i enjoy the speed and the screen of this baby.
    05-18-15 05:59 PM
    I have both. I had the classic first and then I started looking at the passport and reading reviews but I figured the best way to know if I would like it was just to get one. I like them both

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 06:06 PM
    I have both. I had the classic first and then I started looking at the passport and reading reviews but I figured the best way to know if I would like it was just to get one. I like them both
    It would be great to have both, but each cost like 600 US dollars and unfortunately I don't have that kind of money right now. Wish I did though!
    05-18-15 06:35 PM
    It would be great to have both, but each cost like 600 US dollars and unfortunately I don't have that kind of money right now. Wish I did though!

Lots of us don't have the money to own two devices, but save a bit and maybe buy a used one.
    dierre likes this.
    05-18-15 06:40 PM
    I just don't find used phone to be reliable. But any who!
    Which one of the two if u could have one would u stay with?
    05-18-15 07:10 PM
    The Passport for me, its hard to give up the power, its fast doing everything.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-18-15 07:11 PM
    I've gone from Passport to Classic and then back to Passport.
    Passport, when you get accustomed to, fulfills my needs.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-18-15 07:35 PM
    For me it would be the classic because of the form factor

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    05-18-15 07:35 PM
    Didn't even consider the classic, but I'm not the person they're targeting. I converted after the BBOS days of old.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-18-15 07:39 PM
    I had a Classic before I got a Passport because I was scared by the unusual size of the Passport. In my experience the Classic is VERY underspec'd. It is very heavy and it feels like a great phone if it were released 4 or 5 years ago. My thumb gets tired scrolling with the trackpad on the Classic. It could have been a great phone but there is just not enough processing juice in it. I know you can just scroll the screen with your finger, but I think that defeats the purpose. I bought a Classic so I could use it one-handed. But if I'm holding the classic with one hand and then scrolling with the other then why wouldn't I just get a Passport and scroll with the keyboard? I think the Passport is a much much better phone than the Classic and will replace the Classic very soon.
    05-18-15 08:26 PM
    sparrow801
    You have the passport?
    05-18-15 08:28 PM
    Blackberry Die Hard here with crazy need for the latest best BB.......

9900 to Q10 to Z10 t0 Z30 to Passport last December.

Then ... bricked Passport using Sachesi to update....

Then tried Classic but too slow and laggy - returned for AT&T Passport - returned for Classic (without using SD card or Android Apps to speed up OS) Form factor and ease of one handed use makes the Classic a great phone - closest thing to 9900, and finally...

Ordered Red Passport last week and keeping Classic! Having both fulfills a BB junkie's needs!

What a trip! Lol

Posted via CB10
    cazato likes this.
    05-18-15 09:12 PM
    Blackberry Die Hard here with crazy need for the latest best BB.......

9900 to Q10 to Z10 t0 Z30 to Passport last December.

Then ... bricked Passport using Sachesi to update....

Then tried Classic but too slow and laggy - returned for AT&T Passport - returned for Classic (without using SD card or Android Apps to speed up OS) Form factor and ease of one handed use makes the Classic a great phone - closest thing to 9900, and finally...

Ordered Red Passport last week and keeping Classic! Having both fulfills a BB junkie's needs!

What a trip! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Now that's a fan right there!
    Cool! Glad to here everything worked out for u after all!
    05-18-15 09:42 PM
    I had BlackBerry in the past and always loved them. Then went to Android. The specs on Androids have been dominant for some time over ALL makers of smart phones.
    But I reached my limit with Androids after getting the LG G flex and it's 6" screen. Loving the size and the endless speed and quality. There was only one option for me.

Passport baby!

The size is about the same as the flex, so for me there was no question that size would be an issue.

I still hang onto and switch over to the flex every so often. But it's not for me, I do it for the kids so they can watch movies or old cartoons from cable channels.

I enjoy the Passport much more as an adult. I find myself reading more news and doing meaningful things on the Passport than on other phones. Habits have changed from being a toy to being a tool. But the Passport has the power and capabilities when needed to become a toy.

Posted via CB10
    cazato likes this.
    05-18-15 10:45 PM
    I considered the Classic but just couldn't get over the stigma of that old BB form-factor. It's cool that BB made a phone for the nostalgics, but the Passport is the BB of the future.
    05-18-15 11:01 PM
    I had a Classic before I got a Passport because I was scared by the unusual size of the Passport. In my experience the Classic is VERY underspec'd. It is very heavy and it feels like a great phone if it were released 4 or 5 years ago. My thumb gets tired scrolling with the trackpad on the Classic. It could have been a great phone but there is just not enough processing juice in it. I know you can just scroll the screen with your finger, but I think that defeats the purpose. I bought a Classic so I could use it one-handed. But if I'm holding the classic with one hand and then scrolling with the other then why wouldn't I just get a Passport and scroll with the keyboard? I think the Passport is a much much better phone than the Classic and will replace the Classic very soon.
    Sounds like you need a Q10

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:47 AM
    I went from Classic to Passport. I liked build on Passport better and don't need the Toolbelt. The screen is better on PP and widescreen I way cool. The other thing for me was that the LTE bands on the PP covered all my international needs.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 07:14 AM
    Trvingdrew
    Since u went from the classic to passport, how is the pp keyboard? Is it good, ok, better than classic, not so good? How would u compare it to the classic or just b basically how does it feel? I really want to know if 3 row is good enough that u still feel like its a better keyboard than a touch screen or do u feel like its the same as touch screen not necessary better like a classic k!b?
    05-19-15 09:44 AM
    Can't stand the mediocre specs, laggy and smallish screen of Classic.
    05-19-15 10:36 AM
    Can't stand the mediocre specs, laggy and smallish screen of Classic.
    +1 for the comment
    Also the fonts and readability on Passport is better. I know Classic has the old form factor but with mediocre screen and laggy performance, I just couldn't convince myself to own one after getting used to Passport.
    I am even comparing the Android apps, the native BBM lagged with large conversations.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-19-15 05:36 PM
    Ok.
    Can anyone tell me why I need to go from the blackberry bold 9900 to the passport.
    Am I going to enjoy the keyboard more than the bold! I'm desperate.
    I think I need to go to ATT and buy it today. So I can experience it for my self!
    05-19-15 06:50 PM
    I'd recommend buying it and trying it out for yourself. You have 14 days to return it

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 06:54 PM
    First Classic then Passport but to elucidate.

I had|did use the Classic first but to be candid if I had to make the choice as my user-phone then it would again be the Classic. Strange though: I'm still on|using the passport.. guess it's a bit like scotch whiskey: they're all great, everyone of them.. but then there's the special one..
    05-19-15 07:06 PM
    Oh man!
    I didn't know I had 14 days!
    That's a game changer right there. I could go and buy it, if I'm not convinced then return it and go with the classic since my bold 9900 does not last me all day. It dies pretty quick, although it also charger in two seconds too.
    05-19-15 07:32 PM
45 12