the classic was a definite no once I learned of its spec. The reviewers are already saying how slow it is compared to the passport. One real world browser tests showing differences in page loading times for example of over 10 seconds. Alright, perhaps it a conveniently chosen case to illustrate the point, but regardless, putting a cpu in a phone that they were using on their last phone 2 years ago (when it was hardly a speed demon then) AND still charging a hefty price tag is what put me off.

I hope when we see 10.3.1 come to the passport, the OS refinements made for the trackpad come to the passports touchpad (browser pointer mode, navigational control ). If this happened, it would be 99 percent comfortable with my decision to pass up on the Classic, rather than about 98 percent as i currently am. I admit, physical call buttons to start and end calls - really miss that so much!
    12-18-14 05:05 PM
    And downgrade?? No way, nice phone but Passport is far superior!

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    12-18-14 05:10 PM
    Doubt many would... specs and screen size and battery size are better on the PP

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    12-18-14 05:28 PM
    Not terribly thrilled with the passport, will likely dump it for the classic..

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 05:42 PM
    No, but the Classic would make a great second device...

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    12-18-14 05:43 PM
    I was tempted at first, but now I have decided against it. The reason why I was considering it: The size of the Passport. I really like the PP. The design, the weight, the look and feel, the display and the performance. But the need to always use two hands to operate the phone safely is can be quite an inconvenience. Also I miss the fourth physical row of keys, especially the shift key is giving me some headaches at times on the virtual row.

However I still have the Q10 as a secondary backup device, a Q10 which is virtually like new. I just paid 600 bucks for the Passport, got a high quality Noreve case for it and already bought the OEM screen protectors. Selling the PP now would have quite a financial loss involved. In addition I am kind of the pocket pouch guy, so I would need two hands to get the Classic out of the pocket anyways.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 08:08 PM
    I could have seen going from the Q10 to the Classic to the Passport, but not the other way around for some reason. No bad choices here.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    12-18-14 08:13 PM
    Also I miss the fourth physical row of keys, especially the shift key is giving me some headaches at times on the virtual row.

Posted via CB10
    I'm just curious... What kinds of headaches do you mean exactly? The only time I use the shift key is for selecting text (I hold down shift while moving the cursor with the keyboard to select text). When it comes to capitalising letters I simply long-press on the letter I want capitalised...

As a side note, personally I love the virtual row because it makes typing in other languages so much easier. I can type so much faster in Norwegian on the Passport than I ever could on the 4-row keyboard on the Q10. And I even got the Q10 Nordic version...

Also, at this point I love the swiping features on the Passport's keyboard so much, that I would be hard-pressed to use a phone with a regular keyboard now.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 08:46 PM
    Hell no. The Passport is everything I ever wanted from a BlackBerry. Large screen, great specs and a physical keyboard.

I'm sure there's a bigger market for the Classic than the Passport but I'm definitely not in that group.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:30 PM
    I'm just curious... What kinds of headaches do you mean exactly? The only time I use the shift key is for selecting text (I hold down shift while moving the cursor with the keyboard to select text). When it comes to capitalising letters I simply long-press on the letter I want capitalised...
    Sometimes I need to keep it pressed for roughly a second before the OS notices I do press it. When I quickly hit it like I used on my Q or 9900, this gets annoying. Even more annoying is the fact the virtual key is sometimes too slow for my typing, which results in two capital letters at once. Like this for example: PAssport
    I need to adjust for the long-pressing to capitalise. This is frustrating because in our german language we capitalize MUCH more than in english language. We also use a lot of Umlaute/special characters which also requires long-pressing. I have to say though, the swipe up word prediction is a real help once you get used to it! Never thought it would be that good and I would use it that often!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:32 AM
    Not a chance. I'm glad to see the Classic come to market but I have no interest whatsoever in buying it.

If anything, I've come to like the Passport even more than I expected to.
    geekaren likes this.
    12-19-14 12:41 AM
    Not a chance. I'm glad to see the Classic come to market but I have no interest whatsoever in buying it.

If anything, I've come to like the Passport even more than I expected to.
    My sentiments, exactly!
    12-19-14 03:54 AM
    I went from Q10 to Passport back to Q10 and now waiting to receive my new Classic. It probably won't be the perfect device for me because I'd like the passports power with the classic size but sadly BlackBerry has not produced such a phone yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 04:43 AM
    Not for me. I find the passport size is just nice for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:33 AM
    I am using both right now and the experience is not night and day. Classic holds it own with Web browsing. I see about a 1 second delay with loading Web pages. My son uses both phones for gaming. For example one is survival craft. It runs a little smoother on the classic. Could be the 10.3.1 software?? I like the keyboard on the classic but prefer the passport experience just a tad more. I will be excited about what 2015 holds for BlackBerry. They have 2 really good devices that they can build around now.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:38 AM
    No way, I was setting up my old Q10 for my girlfriend and found it really small. I love the Passport and couldn't go back to a smaller device.
    12-19-14 12:11 PM
    With the invention and design of the gesture based OS10 and the power beast of the Passport, I definately will not use the classic! When you think of the three main gestures: tap, flick and swipe, why would you need to further press the trackpad, return key and menu key!? And for calling having a dedicated call and end button is just redundant! For me I realize this is now my personal preference and taste so hopefully the CLASSIC will be the goto device for those diehard BlackBerry users on older tech and os to finally feel comfortable moving to a better league of device power and function!

Posted via CB10
    It seems u never used a trackpad. With trackpad everything is in the same row, you just need to go left or right. You can complete all the commands in a row.
    Friedrich Wilhelm likes this.
    12-19-14 01:50 PM
    Sometimes I need to keep it pressed for roughly a second before the OS notices I do press it. When I quickly hit it like I used on my Q or 9900, this gets annoying. Even more annoying is the fact the virtual key is sometimes too slow for my typing, which results in two capital letters at once. Like this for example: PAssport
    I need to adjust for the long-pressing to capitalise. This is frustrating because in our german language we capitalize MUCH more than in english language. We also use a lot of Umlaute/special characters which also requires long-pressing. I have to say though, the swipe up word prediction is a real help once you get used to it! Never thought it would be that good and I would use it that often!

Posted via CB10
    I see. Well, I don't know how long you've had your Passport, but the new keyboard input definitely takes some time getting used to. Also, make sure you're on the latest official OS version (10.3.0.1418 I think). I remember having some troubles with the virtual ALT key before upgrading... The swiping up feature (and down to get numbers and special characters) works like a charm once you really get used to them.
    Btw, the swiping features didn't work as smoothly before I upgraded either...

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 02:24 PM
    Nope need to pry my passport from my dead cold fingers

passed on via my passport northwest of somewhere
    12-19-14 04:36 PM
    Nah. The Passport's specs have spoilt me, along with the screen real estate.

The keyboard is a lure, but the only lure.

Given that it takes the Passport's specs to run the apps I like (Spotify) with no skipping, no going back.

Posted with my Passport via CB10
    12-19-14 11:20 PM
    Cannot see the point. I'd rather go back to my Q10.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    12-20-14 01:54 AM
    The only thing I want to check is the thickness of the device.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:00 AM
    I might be tempted to get a Classic if I could sell my Passport for $599 and buy the classic for $449, but I'm very happy with my Passport. That said, I had a 9900 and I loved it. I always felt that if I could have upgraded my 9900 to BlackBerry 10, I'd never let it go. Great phone, except for the battery pulls

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:01 PM
    Maybe. I'm not bothered by the Q10 level specs as I loved my Q before getting the Passport.

I've loved my Passport since getting it and the reactions I get from strangers when they see it (I have the white one) have been very positive. However as a BlackBerry nut, I'll be picking up the Classic to ensure that my BB10 collection is complete. While I've 100% gotten used to no trackpad, I still miss it from time to time. I can't wait to experience the BB10 OS with a hybrid of trackpad and gesture based commands.

Also, as much as I'm loving my Passport, I do miss the swiftness and efficiency with which I was able to work a BlackBerry one-handed. It's not impossible on the Passport, it's just not nearly as smooth and efficient.

I'm a white BlackBerry kind of guy so until an official announcement is made on the availability of the white Classic, I'll just keep enjoying the amazing Passport. Once the white Classic does arrive, it will be interesting for me to see which one I end up using as my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:34 PM
    No sir ree bob!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-20-14 03:23 PM
76 1234