Ever since i had the Bold 9000 i've fallen in love with the leather holster that comes with a Blackberry i'm looking for something similar or a thin leather sleeve to protect my Passport. Any recommendations ?
    09-29-14 11:34 AM
    New device and the pickins may be a bit narrow at this time, give it a couple of months and they should be flying around like monkeys...
    09-29-14 12:28 PM
    I purchased two custom leather holsters, one vertical and one horizontal for my Z30, and just ordered one for my Passport from StoryLeather. Very well made with loads of design options. Also allows you to go for snug device fit or allow for slip cover or other case. I had one of my Z30 cases sized to allow for Otterbox Commuter. They can be pricey based on choices of leather etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:43 PM
    I purchased two custom leather holsters, one vertical and one horizontal for my Z30, and just ordered one for my Passport from StoryLeather. Very well made with loads of design options. Also allows you to go for snug device fit or allow for slip cover or other case. I had one of my Z30 cases sized to allow for Otterbox Commuter. They can be pricey based on choices of leather etc.

Posted via CB10
    Did you have to give StoryLeather the dimensions or did you just put in the name of the phone? Which case did you go for?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:54 PM
    I provided specific dimensions and also included the model of phone. The last step in customization is providing exact dimensions and whether those dimensions include a protective case. They custom make each one so it takes a couple of weeks to ship. The ones I had made for Z30 were exact to size ordered.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:09 PM
    Yeh i checked and user their chat. The guy pointed me to an iPhone case...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:10 PM
    This is the only one that appears to be available - unofficial of course, and seems to be German-made.

Tasche f�r Blackberry Passport Etui Leder Handy H�lle Schwarz Case Neu | eBay

JB
    09-29-14 02:16 PM
    I provided specific dimensions and also included the model of phone. The last step in customization is providing exact dimensions and whether those dimensions include a protective case. They custom make each one so it takes a couple of weeks to ship. The ones I had made for Z30 were exact to size ordered.

Posted via CB10
    Any chance you could pm me the dimensions seeing as you have already done the homework

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:47 PM
    Bought one from the Crackberry store which arrived today. I'm a little disappointed that it made no mention of dimensions or the fact that it's a generic holster that accommodates a wide range of phones.

It fits the passport width wise but the case was designed for a phone much taller like the Galaxy Mega. I suppose it will have to tie me over until the real cases (specifically designed for the Passport) arrive.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    09-29-14 06:29 PM
    I used official dimensions from specs page on BlackBerry site. This worked well with Z30 holsters I had them make so will assume similar results for Passport.
    Height 128 mm / 5.04 in
    Width 90.3 mm / 3.56 in
    Depth 9.3 mm / 0.36 in

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:45 PM
    Bought one from the Crackberry store which arrived today. I'm a little disappointed that it made no mention of dimensions or the fact that it's a generic holster that accommodates a wide range of phones.

It fits the passport width wise but the case was designed for a phone much taller like the Galaxy Mega. I suppose it will have to tie me over until the real cases (specifically designed for the Passport) arrive.

Aw crap, ordered one recently and didn't get it yet. Thought it was made for the Passport.

Does it work ok at least? It won't fall out easily will it?
    09-29-14 07:25 PM
    It works... it has just under an inch or so of extra space. The good news is that once it is in, the device doesn't move. I shook the case vigorously and it didn't budge.

Anyone found holster or sleeve for Passport?-img_20140929_203543.jpg

09-29-14 07:38 PM
    To clarify, I made the Passport stick out a bit to show how much space was there. When it is fully inside, only the outer edge is visible (you can't see any of the letters Q, A or Z).

09-29-14 07:40 PM
    The good news is that once it is in, the device doesn't move. I shook the case vigorously and it didn't budge.

This makes me feel a little better. would have drove me nuts if it bounced around in there.

it will have to do til we get something more "official"
    09-29-14 07:46 PM
    This makes me feel a little better. would have drove me nuts if it bounced around in there.

it will have to do til we get something more "official"
    My only beef is that the case feels unnecessarily big. I'm still waiting on the new case smell to dissipate though (it was quite strong).
    Last edited by zedstone; 09-29-14 at 07:53 PM. Reason: forgot to quote
    09-29-14 07:50 PM
    I prefer to use devices naked... so don't want a traditional case. I like sleeves / pocket pouches.

I saw the Porsche P9983 promo video showed off a nice looking pocket sleeve. I hope the Passport gets something similar:

Anyone found holster or sleeve for Passport?-img_20140929_193919_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    rdbogdan and wtj like this.
    09-29-14 08:44 PM
    I just bought the german etui offer on ebay, thanks for the link . It says only 1 more available. I will use this until a pouch/sleeve will be made available by Blackberry...
    09-30-14 01:09 PM
    guys, help me putting demand for a passport-sized holster from those guys LD WEST (found that yesterday in this forum in another thread..)
    Anyone found holster or sleeve for Passport?-img_0250.jpg
    I really fell in love with it and it would be nice to see them providing a solution. just received this answer from them via Facebook:

Hey Manuel, we unfortunately don't have a holster that fits the BB passport... It's just too wide of a phone. Perhaps if the demand is high enough in the coming months, we will make a holster for it. Thanks!
    09-30-14 04:55 PM
    Maybe someone has discussed this... how about a standard passport holder? You can find them at many stores (Walmart, Sears, Best Buy).
    09-30-14 05:27 PM
    AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China.

That site has some flip cases, etc. Seems like they are geared towards selling in bulk to stores though. Not sure I like any of them anyhow.
    10-01-14 11:48 AM
    " BlackBerry Passport 4.5inch Sleeve Pouch protect bag slim and light, perfect fit: "

Blackberry Passport 4 5inch Sleeve Pouch Protect Bag Slim and Light Perfect Fit | eBay

The photos look like they are for Z10, but all text relates to Passport.
    10-01-14 03:26 PM
    I don't know if I'd trust that. I've been burned enough by stuff from China on ebay.

JB

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:57 PM
    Maybe someone has discussed this... how about a standard passport holder? You can find them at many stores (Walmart, Sears, Best Buy).
    I just posted this in another thread and came here to spam my idea. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Passport || Fido
    10-01-14 07:40 PM
    Yeh seems way too narrow. The Passport won't fit in there
    10-04-14 05:10 AM
    Surely there has to be an OEM one coming as there are settings in the OS to set what the phone does when put into and taken out of a holster.
    10-04-14 05:22 AM
68 123