Recently snagged my Passport off e-Bay, snagged a new nano-SIM from T-mobile, and was in business in a few minutes. Most things have worked quite well, but the T-Mobile WiFi calling seems to be crashing/throwing some sort of error (it's not giving any specific message, just says "error" below the WiFi calling slider/button, which is disabled). Now, there are rooms in my house that the WiFi signal is much better than the mobile network signal - so I'm trying to figure out if anyone else got the app to work. I've OS 10.3.1.1779.

Other apps like their "My Account" work fine - but I'd guess that to be the expected given the relative level of OS/service dependency. The app worked OK on my Z10 with 10.2 - had a bit of flakiness with sending DTMF for things like voicemail login or bridge lines with pauses and multiple number strings. So anyone else in the same boat?
    05-19-15 04:26 PM
    WiFi calling is not going to work. TMO only allows it on phones they sell/support.
    05-19-15 04:30 PM
    My question is how do you have their apps? I am on TMO US and I don't have the My Account app or TMO WiFi Calling. Where did you get them?

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    05-19-15 04:48 PM
    My question is how do you have their apps? I am on TMO US and I don't have the My Account app or TMO WiFi Calling. Where did you get them?
    Check out T-Mobile MyAccount in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19752445

Check out Wi-Fi Calling in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35524900

Keep in mind, the WiFi calling app is just a toggle and since there's no WiFi calling on the Passport, it would be like flicking on a light switch to a bulb with no electric connection.
    05-19-15 04:55 PM
    I'm doing the prepaid unlimited data plan to try for a month... left Verizon and so far very happy with coverage

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:00 PM
    Check out T-Mobile MyAccount in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19752445

Check out Wi-Fi Calling in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35524900

Keep in mind, the WiFi calling app is just a toggle and since there's no WiFi calling on the Passport, it would be like flicking on a light switch to a bulb with no electric connection.
    Checked out WiFi calling, it is "unavailable for this device". The My Account app is, but I don't need that so whatever was just wondering why they had it and I dont.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:08 PM
    I'm using the pre-paid 100 minutes and unlimited data. No WiFi calling for me. Data has been LTE good all the way up to the throttling start at 5GB. Only issue is that I don't get a signal at some places.
    05-19-15 05:10 PM
    I'm doing the prepaid unlimited data plan to try for a month... left Verizon and so far very happy with coverage

Posted via CB10
    I take it you don't live in a house that has extra gypsum in the walls like some of us...can't get a stable signal for the life of me in my house, always jumping from none to edge to 4gLTE, so some of us need WiFi calling to work to be able to use our phones....that being said, it doesn't matter that much to me because I am well hated and no one calls me anyways

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:10 PM
    Actually, we have a stucco house with metal lath, and some rooms just don't get signal, while other have dead zones. Doesn't matter what the carrier is, we had same issue with brand V and have had visitors with brand A who couldn't do anything. Brand S doesn�t have a usable signal in our area. We also have radiant attic insulation, which is a metallic film. I have 4+ bars of signal outside the house, so it's not really the carrier fault.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    05-19-15 05:45 PM
    Checked out WiFi calling, it is "unavailable for this device". The My Account app is, but I don't need that so whatever was just wondering why they had it and I dont.
    Hm. So it sounds like you can't even download it to your phone (because it won't work, so someone's saving you the trouble.) So good question: how did the OP get it on their phone? Was the WFC .bar side loaded?
    05-19-15 05:49 PM
    Hm. So it sounds like you can't even download it to your phone (because it won't work, so someone's saving you the trouble.) So good question: how did the OP get it on their phone? Was the WFC .bar side loaded?
    Agreed, how did OP get it on a PP and can they remove and post the app so we can side load it? Can anyone download this app?
    05-19-15 06:13 PM
    I did a 'restore from backup' created from my Z10, using BB Link. That brought over all my data files, settings, etc. Made the migration/upgrade quick and painless. My BB ID was also used with the Z10 - so the apps I paid for were there and waiting for upgrade (where available) for 10.3.1.xxxx OS.
    Now, it downloaded a number of other 'old' apps that have crashed and that I subsequently updated or deleted.
    05-19-15 06:19 PM
    I have T-Mobile and use PP.
    Here is my solution call T-Mobile and ask them to send you this https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4683
    They have LTE and 4G my suggestion would be to get 4G.
    The reason for that is that T-Mobile does not support calls over LTE and suppose you receive a call it'll switch from LTE to 4G.

I made the mistake of getting LTE and not 4G regret it, although I can send it back and get the 4G but I am too lazy to do it.

Oh and make sure you don't get WiFi Cellspot because it won't work.

Good luck
    05-19-15 06:25 PM
    Correction T-Mobile support VoLTE but not everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 06:36 PM
    Agreed, how did OP get it on a PP and can they remove and post the app so we can side load it? Can anyone download this app?
    If someone tells me which ones, I could get you guys the .bar(s). But it won't do anything. It's just a toggle to a service that is not enabled on your phone.

Apparently not everyone can download the app. I thought a TMO SIM was enough for the app to be downloaded from BB World, but I guess they have a device restriction too.
    05-19-15 06:44 PM
    I live in Cincinnati and always have a full signal. There were times that I would be in a store in a mall and have no service with Verizon but with T Mobile I have LTE... I was really worried about the service but I'm really happy. I'm getting ready to head south on 65 through the depressing state of Alabama we'll see how it holds up.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 08:02 PM
    If someone tells me which ones, I could get you guys the .bar(s). But it won't do anything. It's just a toggle to a service that is not enabled on your phone.

Apparently not everyone can download the app. I thought a TMO SIM was enough for the app to be downloaded from BB World, but I guess they have a device restriction too.
    I wished i knew but I don't have the app...
    05-19-15 10:18 PM
    I have T-Mobile and use PP.
    Here is my solution call T-Mobile and ask them to send you this https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4683
    They have LTE and 4G my suggestion would be to get 4G.
    The reason for that is that T-Mobile does not support calls over LTE and suppose you receive a call it'll switch from LTE to 4G.

I made the mistake of getting LTE and not 4G regret it, although I can send it back and get the 4G but I am too lazy to do it.

Oh and make sure you don't get WiFi Cellspot because it won't work.

Good luck
    I frequent the US and when I do, I use Roam Mobility which uses T-Mobile 4G LTE since upgrading to the latest Roam Mobility 4G LTE Nano Sim. When I make or receive calls in their 4G LTE covered area...it stays on 4G LTE.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    05-20-15 02:47 AM
    I frequent the US and when I do, I use Roam Mobility which uses T-Mobile 4G LTE since upgrading to the latest Roam Mobility 4G LTE Nano Sim. When I make or receive calls in their 4G LTE covered area...it stays on 4G LTE.
    Hold on. Is this on your Passport that you have seen this?
    05-20-15 11:42 AM
    Hold on. Is this on your Passport that you have seen this?
    Yes...I'm using factory unlocked bought through shopblackberry.ca using Roam Mobility 4G LTE Nano sim. Next time I go to the US I'll take a screen shot.

raino likes this.
    05-20-15 11:45 AM
    Yes...I'm using factory unlocked bought through shopblackberry.ca using Roam Mobility 4G LTE Nano sim. Next time I go to the US I'll take a screen shot.
    That would be great! If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that you're getting voLTE on a device that you shouldn't be, that too with an MVNO SIM.
    05-20-15 11:48 AM
    How much is the Tmo unlimited data plan please?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 12:59 PM
    There are actually a few cities where T-Mobile supports VoLTE.. so chances are you are in one of those cities.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 01:36 PM
    That would be great! If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that you're getting voLTE on a device that you shouldn't be, that too with an MVNO SIM.
    After reading your post again...I decided to actually look at the signal on the top right corner and try this time on my home carrier Telus on 4G LTE

Dial pad clearly showing 4G LTE

Anyone else using their Passport on T-Mobile US?-img_20150520_095403.png

Dialing 611 to access Telus information

Anyone else using their Passport on T-Mobile US?-img_20150520_095336.png

Calling 611 in progress still showing 4G LTE

Anyone else using their Passport on T-Mobile US?-calling.png

611 call now in progress and what do have here? 4G LTE is no longer there...it's now using H+

Anyone else using their Passport on T-Mobile US?-call-progress.png

You are correct that it's NOT using voice over LTE (VoLTE). I just never bothered looking at it during a call while in the US using my Roam Mobility 4G LTE Nano sim (T-Mobile network). I would look at it briefly after a call to see if I was still in T-Mobile's 4G LTE coverage area which it definitely showed.

But since I'm talking with the handset against me ear I would never know that unless I use speaker phone to actually see. But from the looks of it from my home carrier Telus...it's definitely NOT VoLTE.

raino likes this.
    05-20-15 01:42 PM
    How much is the Tmo unlimited data plan please?
    $80. Tax on post-paid, no tax on prepaid. What's weird is that they have buried this prepaid unlimited plan, but I know it exists.

There are actually a few cities where T-Mobile supports VoLTE.. so chances are you are in one of those cities.
    voLTE is market and phone-dependent. So even if I'm in a city where TMO has rolled out voLTE, I won't get voLTE on any BB10 phone because they haven't brought it to the (perfectly capable) BB10 phones.

You are correct that it's NOT using voice over LTE (VoLTE). I just never bothered looking at it during a call while in the US using my Roam Mobility 4G LTE Nano sim (T-Mobile network). I would look at it briefly after a call to see if I was still in T-Mobile's 4G LTE coverage area which it definitely showed.

But since I'm talking with the handset against me ear I would never know that unless I use speaker phone to actually see. But from the looks of it from my home carrier Telus...it's definitely NOT VoLTE.
    Thanks. I think this is what will happen with your Roam SIM card as well. It's when the call gets connected you find out if you're on voLTE or not. Of course, you have the additional "barrier" of using an MVNO SIM, but when we (TMO CBers) tried tier 1, postpaid TMO SIMs, we didn't get voLTE either.
    05-20-15 01:49 PM