Well...after having no issues with the official Instagram app including all the latest updates via snap on my Z30, I also pretty much had no issues on my Passport such as taking photos/using filters/uploading.

Yesterday, I wanted to post a small video...the square camera screen capture looks good until I switched it from camera to video mode. Now on video mode, everything inside the square screen has the height of the subject and everything else elongated. When I rotate the phone it does the opposite by making it shorter and wider. Sort of like walking through a glass fun house at theme parks and see your self either tall and skinny or short and wide.

I tried to change my camera settings as per the settings but to no avail.

Anyone else notice squished recorded videos using Android Instagram on Passport?-img_20150518_081939.png

Has anyone else seen this on their Passport and was able to rectify? I was thinking of trying either iGrann Pro or Inst10 Pro if the video part wasn't elongated or squished when rotated.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    Last edited by qphone; 05-18-15 at 10:47 AM.
    05-18-15 10:25 AM
    Here are examples...

Photo Mode: all looks good

Anyone else notice squished recorded videos using Android Instagram on Passport?-img_20150518_082632.png

Video Mode: subject is zoomed in and height is elongated

Anyone else notice squished recorded videos using Android Instagram on Passport?-img_20150518_082653.png

Rotated phone and subject is shortened and widened

Anyone else notice squished recorded videos using Android Instagram on Passport?-img_20150518_082706_edit.png

05-18-15 10:33 AM
    Try ins10 from beta zone. Videos are perfect

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 01:00 AM
    Try ins10 from beta zone. Videos are perfect

Posted via CB10
    Thanks NemOry! Just downloaded on both Passports (mine and my wifes) and upgraded both straight to Pro versions without giving it a second thought.

All I can say...AWESOME. Video doesn't get elongated like the official Android App and is perfect in addition to all your other Bells and Whistles that comes with the Pro Version. People balk at $4.99? I say thanks for your hard work in making this awesome Native BlackBerry 10 Instagram Client. What's $4.99? A large cafe mocha at Starbucks that is consumed once then it's gone, in comparison to your native app that will be used over and over and over...with future updates for enhancements/improvements.

Awesome job NemOry!

Last edited by qphone; 05-20-15 at 02:50 AM.
    05-20-15 02:36 AM
    Thanks NemOry! Just downloaded on both Passports (mine and my wifes) and upgraded both straight to Pro versions without giving it a second thought.

All I can say...AWESOME. Video doesn't get elongated like the official Android App and is perfect in addition to all your other Bells and Whistles that comes with the Pro Version. People balk at $4.99? I say thanks for your hard work in making this awesome Native BlackBerry 10 Instagram Client. What's $4.99? A large cafe mocha at Starbucks that is consumed once then it's gone, in comparison to your native app that will be used over and over and over...with future updates for enhancements/improvements.

Awesome job NemOry!

You're very welcome. I'm very glad you 2 are loving my app. And glad it helps you a lot. Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 11:13 AM
    You're very welcome. I'm very glad you 2 are loving my app. And glad it helps you a lot. Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    Just emailed your nemory Gmail regarding how to edit/delete comments. Going back to elongated video capture using Instagram apk...here are the screen shots of perfect video capture dimensions

Photo Capture on Insta10 Pro. Perfect

Anyone else notice squished recorded videos using Android Instagram on Passport?-img_20150520_091809.png

Video Capture on Insta10 Pro. Perfect with no subject elongation or widening when rotating the phone. The subject is zoomed in a bit but with perfect subject ratio dimentions using Insta10 Pro especially on the Passport.

Portrait

Anyone else notice squished recorded videos using Android Instagram on Passport?-img_20150520_091838.png

Rotating phone to the left towards landscape

Anyone else notice squished recorded videos using Android Instagram on Passport?-img_20150520_092714.png

Now in landscape. Again perfect with no subject elongation or widening

Anyone else notice squished recorded videos using Android Instagram on Passport?-img_20150520_092723.png

05-20-15 11:33 AM
    Any eta nemory when inst10 will have uploading vids from the gallery because that's the main thing holding back inst10 as my true daily driver for instagram

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:10 AM