Ok, so I've been wondering for a while if I got a lemon for a phone, because I've been having some odd issues with my Passport. I'm hoping someone else here knows how to fix these problems or can direct me to a source of information for solutions because I have yet to find any.

First, until I disconnected my account, Twitter kept adding the users I follow to my BlackBerry Contacts list. When I first connected my account, I denied adding Twitter to contacts but whenever my phone restarted, they'd be enabled and I would have to disable contacts repeatedly. This is wildly annoying as a native app should never be so intrusive as to override OS settings.

Now that I've updated to 10.3.2, every time I restart my phone, the stupid bluetooth turns itself on. I do not use bluetooth and I do not appreciate being made vulnerable to outsiders. I only realized bluetooth was automatically turning on when I was out yesterday and someone so persistently kept trying to connect to my phone that I couldn't even get into the settings without the popup to connect interfering. I had to shut off my phone for a while in order to deter the invisible jerk from trying to connect.

I have a serious problem with these types of issues as I wanted a BlackBerry for two reasons: superior communications and unparalleled security. The enabling of bluetooth without my permission is a breech of security that worries me, and an accidental tap on my screen could have a allowed a total stranger access to my phone. And all because my phone is making decisions that I never allowed.

Also, does anyone know a work-around for getting custom notifications to fall in with overall phone settings? Apparently having custom notifications override phone notification settings is working as intended. But this is ludicrous. When I set my phone to silent, I expect that to silence ALL notifications, including those from contacts with special ringtones. I don't see why my four-year-old droid can do this but my flashy new passport can't.

Thanks in advance for your positive, constructive input.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    07-13-15 02:51 AM
    Try an OS reload thru link.
    Sounds like the update may have not gone thru to your phone properly.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    07-13-15 11:54 AM