03-28-15 04:39 PM
54 123
tools
    Edit: The coverage on the second year appears to be just the same limited warranty. So they won't even cover a screen crack. It only covers manufacturer defects.
    Read it again.

THE BLACKBERRY CARE PROTECTION PLAN PROVIDES:

1. Protection for covered mechanical and electrical breakdowns with coverage beginning after BlackBerrys one-year limited warranty expires1.

2. Accidental damage from handling (ADH) and Power Surge protection starts day one. ADH includes coverage for device damage resulting from dropping the smartphone, liquid spills, or in association with screen breakage.
    guruhabibi and byex like this.
    03-27-15 11:34 PM
    It's insurance AND extended warranty.

Z30-Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-9900-Playbook-x3
    03-28-15 12:38 AM
    Feels a bit expensive to me. I bought my phone with visa having extra year of manufacturer's warranty. So, feel that's enough even though It won't cover drops and water damage....

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 12:40 AM
    Blackberry Care will not cover that. It will only cover defects from normal use. If you want to cover accidental damage, buy an accidental plan. There are many options out there available.
    I just purchases the BlackBerry Care plan for my Passport.

The plan DOES protect screen damage!

"2. Accidental damage from handling (ADH) and Power Surge protection starts day one. ADH includes coverage for device damage resulting from dropping
    the smartphone, liquid spills, or in association with screen breakage."
    (http://us.blackberry.com/support/bb-care-warranty.html)

So far, I have never cracked a BlackBerry screen.
    I'll be dammed before I'll put a short bus helmet on well designed phone.

Passport/CB10
    03-28-15 04:39 PM
54 123