I've been using an AT&T PP for most of the year and have loved most every minute with this amazing phone. My thought is that BlackBerry will not be making the PP much longer and I'm thinking of buying a SE to use once this one gives up the Ghost. I'm just curious if anyone else was thinking the same thing. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:46 AM
    I just did!!

Had an Unlocked Passport since Sept 2014, but all of sudden LEARNED WORDS stopped working.

I went ahead and ordered another one, thru AT&T, with contract.

I bought an Unclocked Priv via Shop Blackberry, but will NOT use it. Scared, to be honest.
    11-14-15 08:56 AM
    I did. And I actually have three of them, part of which I need for my second number, a personal one. I do however plan to get a Priv just to see how far BlackBerry can go with it.

Posted via CB10
    nicky_willz likes this.
    11-14-15 09:43 AM
    We are plenty (relatively of course) in that wagon.
    PP until a real substitute !

Posted via CB10
    nicky_willz and David Tyler like this.
    11-14-15 09:46 AM
    I've been using an AT&T PP for most of the year and have loved most every minute with this amazing phone. My thought is that BlackBerry will not be making the PP much longer and I'm thinking of buying a SE to use once this one gives up the Ghost. I'm just curious if anyone else was thinking the same thing. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    The weakest part of smartphones is probably the battery. If the battery of my Passport really loses its strength I'll dare it, open the device (not as complicated as one may think, I would follow the videoclip at YouTube), buy a new battery of the same make and replace the old one. The other parts of the Passport probably won't die in ten years.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think the BB Passport will be made for a while longer, it would likely become an Android Phone(hopefully more refined than the priv)
    I do planning on purchasing a White Passport before year's end.
    11-14-15 10:17 AM
    I just did!!

Had an Unlocked Passport since Sept 2014, but all of sudden LEARNED WORDS stopped working.

I bought an Unclocked Priv via Shop Blackberry, but will NOT use it. Scared, to be honest.
    Scared of a device?
    11-14-15 10:20 AM
    I will buy an extra Passport in case I kill mine through abuse and neglect. I still wish the X & Z keys would be shrunk down to fit in an extra "Alt" key. Having just used my wife's Classic with the touch pad and Alt key I remember the joy I used to feel editing text before BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:39 AM
    I just did!!

All you had to do is reload the software... instead you buy another Passport...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    mister2d likes this.
    11-14-15 10:57 AM
    I'm also going to order another SE to have new in the box.

I'm hoping that there will be a OTA software update to turn my BB10 SE to a Android? This is the reason for a backup SE.

Am I dreaming?
    11-14-15 11:04 AM

Am I dreaming?
    Yes. Lol
    11-14-15 11:52 AM
    I'm also going to order another SE to have new in the box.

I'm hoping that there will be a OTA software update to turn my BB10 SE to a Android? This is the reason for a backup SE.

Am I dreaming?
    No, might be a long shot with no monetary profit for BB,but if they were to
    perform a guinea pig update it would likely be for the Passport.
    11-14-15 11:53 AM
    Name one company that has released an update to change the entire OS of a phone to another platform. There's more than mere profit to be seen. Think of all the legalities and permits that have to get approved for the product as shipped.

If there was to be an Android Passport, it would have to be a whole new product going through the process to get to market.
    nicky_willz and anon(8050899) like this.
    11-14-15 12:01 PM
    I think I will too. As soon as there is a deal with Silver edition PP on shop blackberry!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-14-15 04:38 PM
    Using a black Passport now. I do have in mind to also get a red Passport and SE.

Posted from my Passport PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-14-15 09:52 PM
    The problem with getting another Passport as a back-up for the future is that there might be no future for the Passport... why you need back-up anyway?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:44 PM
    Because there is no equal replacement for the Passport on the market
    as far as I'm concerned. In a world that is truly drowning in mobile, the Passport is the rarest of rare. A mass produced product that has managed to actually be special, IMO anyway.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:55 PM
    Perhaps, let's see what the Black Friday and Boxing Day sales are like. I'm not likely to buy a backup for my Passport if I have to pay full price. It's not that I'm cheap; it's more an issue of not being wealthy. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:34 PM
    The weakest part of smartphones is probably the battery. If the battery of my Passport really loses its strength I'll dare it, open the device (not as complicated as one may think, I would follow the videoclip at YouTube), buy a new battery of the same make and replace the old one. The other parts of the Passport probably won't die in ten years.

Posted via CB10
    You can find new batteries on taobao.com,but it is not easy to remove it from the screen frame. It does require some time and some heat to weaken the glue between the frame and the battery. I tried and succeeded but won't say it is easy. The new battery is around 20 USD as far as I can remember.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    11-14-15 11:51 PM
    I have an ATT version, and recently bought a nice used ATT Passport to make sure I have one if I drop it, get it wet or just burn through the first one. Charged it up and use it some a couple times a month just to make sure it still works.

Ill have a passport in my hand for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 12:23 AM
    I love my Passport, but I think I'll wait to purchase another BlackBerry.
    Should anything happen to my Passport now, I can go online and find a used Passport for $300+

But if things change, I really don't want to spend the my money on a phone where a new Passport might be around the corner.

I have an Android (Samsung Note 2) for work and I really dislike the virtual keyboard... I love having the physical qwerty keyboard. I won't trade my Passport in unless it dies, or for at least another year, or should a better phone comes along.

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    11-15-15 02:35 AM
    I will buy another one next year, the only thing is I have to decide what colour

Posted via my Black Passport
    11-15-15 04:43 AM
    I plan to buy a second Passport, SE or red OG, sometime next spring, simply because I want its battery to last for the next 4 years.
    11-15-15 07:13 AM
    If the SE PP goes on sale I'll grab up a few. I'm also considering using the classic just for a call text phone; have been on a anti giving my money to providers for a data plan when there is wifi a plenty for most areas if ya really need to get something off the nets.
    nicky_willz likes this.
    11-15-15 08:38 AM
    Just bought a backup Passport SE. This phone is amazing. I do like the Priv for the wife and she is enjoying it as well, however, for me if I want to get things done I using my Passport!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    11-15-15 08:49 AM
50 12