03-08-15 01:59 PM
301 ... 56789 ...
tools
    This thread's title makes it seem like the problems are incredibly wide-spread, but that's not entirely the case. There's lots of people for whom the update is working totally fine, who are quite happy with it, but they're not as likely to come in here and post about it as someone who is having trouble, so of course it looks like everybody is having problems since those are the only people talking.
    thedose likes this.
    02-21-15 10:02 AM
    i have Z10 on the new official update, and it's ok and the new features and UI change are better that i expected, the only problem is several Blackberry native apps at Z10 launch are broken and UK only BBC I player app now will not work because no Flash player and no update for it, have found several Android apps to replace some of them but these fail to work correctly, Opera for Android used to work well on 10.2 now fails to even launch, the Android capability is ok if the apps you need actually work, so not impressed after all the hype of new better Android app feature, my Jolla phone runs any Android app thrown at it, a shame as i like Blackberry BB10 on Z10 and my Z30 will not be updated.
    02-21-15 10:51 AM
    I had one glitch of the flickering after the update but after rebooting the passport all is well now.

Improvements to date found:
    faster auto focus of the camera
    Improved speed of apps I've used or that have been updated ie Linkedin
    Separate customizable contact notifications

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:53 AM
    I have no issues at all with the update.
    02-21-15 11:00 AM
    I'm very happy with updates. But I've been using leak for a while. So not much change for me.

I had those flickering, green & bottom half blacked out problems at first. But a couple of reboot fixed them.

Low volume, I use Bebuzz, no issue there.

I haven't tried all apps. But apps I use all the time work fine.
    Initial opening is always extremely slow or even clash after update. But give them a couple of tries & usually work fine after that. Oh yeah, but Rdio finally gave up on me. It was hit & miss before anyway but now doesn't work at all. No big deal though. I've switched to Spotify while ago due to app problem. But Rdio web works fine for free users.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:06 AM
    I just updated to .1581 via OTA and so far so good.

- Boot up is faster.
    - The volume is a little lower, but I can still hear all of my notifications.
    - The camera is better with faster focusing and pic quality looks better.
    - So far all of my Android apps work, but I'm still testing.
    - haven't tested the battery life. I should know if it drains quicker by the end of day.

FYI, I am on a white PP bought via shop BlackBerry and am running an AT&T sim

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:12 AM
    I have not had any issues since loading 10.3.1.2267 via Sachesi from BB server download links. Did this 3 days ago and no flickering etc...My Passport was purchased back in Oct at launch and has been solid but after a couple weeks of running a good reboot speeds things up. Camera is slightly better on the new version and some android apps that did not work on 10.3.0 work now. So I am happy with the update and the few enhancements that have come along.
    02-21-15 11:44 AM
    It works just fine!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:48 AM
    Very happy with 10.3 on a Q5. Fractious initial loading of update, but that solved, no problems at all. Camera app is greatly improved for the 5MP camera and Blend is proving tremendously useful. Remember has been improved and now integrates with Evernote properly. I feel I have a device for the modern era.
    02-21-15 11:51 AM
    10.3.1 is beautiful. can't go back to 10.2
    02-21-15 12:02 PM
    10.3.0.908 runs efficiently with my Passport. I disabled the automatic OS update beforehand to avoid these issues.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Passport
    Me too lol. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 and staying strong

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    02-21-15 12:04 PM
    CB, Please make a poll who are happy or not with the update. Wanna update but still in dilema. With. 908 mine has lots of bugs. Like: double typing, circle thing popping up in Bbm after pressing return key, very rare flickers, etc. These I can live with. I don't think I can live with bad flickers.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:14 PM
    Z10
    -I do like the new photo options, finally we have panorama!. However in Pictures I think that "select more" should be higher up on the list, i can see myself deleting pics by accident.
    -Dont really need the BB Blend, but i see how it could be handy for some folk ( i also have something taking up a LOT of room called Miracast which was already there which I also dont need, but there is not app icon to delete it, help anyone??)
    -It took up the last of my phone space
    -I like the old bedside mode clock better
    -I like smaller icons, however color changes? now im confused (also looks a bit cartoony/childish)
    -Dislike the bright white hub, I feel like its blinding, and pretty tacky (soft greys/blues??)but the new layout is pretty good (easy reply etc)
    -Def like the notification options for all my different apps etc there is a lot more I can make my phone vibrate when I want!!
    -I actually feel like my battery is going faster than before, even with "battery saving mode" which was prob created because all the new stuff uses more power?
    -Dislike that some of my apps are no longer running.
    -Been playing with assistant, ok, struggles with my Aussie accent, how about ENGLISH AU, would be funny to hear on computer too.
    Browser is faster
    -Can you change the standby screen background?how?

-One thing that is has done is seperate all my not quite synched contacts. Before i had problems with saving a phone number of someone I had on fb and it not linking them. Essentially if I went to my phonebook the contacts phone number was missng, but it was showing their name if i searched through messages. I thought it might have been something to do with how you saved them (local, sim) but was never able to fully fix it.
    I have re-entered all these contacts now and they are synched and working as they should

Overall its pretty good just some minor things I dislike. (But id like my Tinder back please)
    02-21-15 12:18 PM
    Overall I'm extremely happy, every time I unlock my Q5 and I see the full wallpaper with no apps, I smile. Every time I see all my apps with no boxes I smile. When I open the browser and I see all my previous website all neatly laid out I smile.

I would say 90% of the OS I'm very very happy with. There are a couple "bugs" also know as things I don't like but I feel BlackBerry have done a tremendous job and today because of OS 10.3.1 I convinced 3 of my friends to purchase Blackberries

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    Last edited by Matty; 02-21-15 at 11:44 PM.
    tg1 likes this.
    02-21-15 12:38 PM
    I finally installed 10.3.1.1581 last night and have had no issues so far.
    02-21-15 12:44 PM
    I wasn't going to do the update but got the notification this morning and decided to pull the trigger. All working well here so far.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:51 PM
    Update seems pretty good , however the volume notification is terrible ! ( I'm on a Q-10 ) I've missed email's , text's , and BBM's because I can't hear the phone . I have tried everything to increase the volume , but still cannot get the sound back to 10.2 volume levels . I really hope BB gets a fix for this ASAP !! , like all BB users we have these phones because of the excellent communication capability's they offer , and it really sucks if we can't respond to a message !
    02-21-15 01:16 PM
    I did a back up and OS reload and I'm extremely happy

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:24 PM
    After reading your post I checked BlackBerry Assistant and experienced the same thing that you described. I went into settings and changed the voice to a different language and then did a hard reset (pressing volume buttons on and off for a few seconds until reboot). When I then tried BlackBerry assistant it worked! I then changed back to US English, closed and reopened Assistant and waited for the change to update and now all is fine. I don't know if you really need a hard reset but switching languages seems to do the trick.

I hope you haven't downgraded yet!

Sadly I have to amend my positive comments.

Blackberry Assistant is broken for me. Specifically, it seems no longer capable of speaking aloud. For example when I say "Read the last text message from Bob Wilson" it will take me to the text messages, but it won't read it out loud, it will just take me to the text messages and print out something like "voice command not understood." If I say "tell me how many days there are until christmas" it just prints out the answer in text, it doesn't speak to me.

I use the assistant all the time, this is a disaster. Now I have to figure out how to downgrade my phone *sighs*

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:25 PM
    As per thread's title: yes, I'm very happy with the update.
    Love Blend and everything is working perfectly on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:27 PM
    I am happy than again been on 10.3 leaks for some time never experienced any issues , really appreciate a seeing a official finally for others.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267 Tmo

Via BlackBerry 10 Dirty30
    02-21-15 01:29 PM
    No issues at all for me. Perfect so far. OTA via BlackBerry 10.3.1.2267

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:29 PM
    Battery life on my Passport is even better now.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:43 PM
    No real issues here with the BlackBerry OTA update for my Passport with the exception of the quieter notifications. It's not a big deal for me as I never have them that loud anyway. I have to say that overall my battery life has been average despite my lower than average use, this update has kicked it into the stratosphere and even this early into it I'm seeing remarkable improvements, for the first time since October when I bought the Passport I've been able to leave it off charge over night and I'm still at 52% some 24 hours since the update. That, right there, is worth the price of admission on it's own!
    02-21-15 02:18 PM
    No issues here. What is the main people.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:19 PM
301 ... 56789 ...