03-08-15 02:59 PM
301 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I am quite pleased with the update there is one thing I would love to do is change the font time and make it a bit more bold sometimes depending on the background or wallpaper I do choose I cannot see it the time date , but other then that so far the phone is running great
    02-21-15 04:43 AM
    Not really!

I had assumed that Blend would be updated so I could edit Contacts via my Desktop (I'm trying to consolidate PIM's) - no difference in Blend that I can see - maybe I have to wait for an update to the Blend Desktop software......

Battery still not as good as it was on 10.3.0.... but at least it isn't now 90% discharging in 4 hours.... I'll give it a week to see if it improves

One good thing, though not terribly important for me.... camera focus and picture quality seem to have improved enormously
    02-21-15 06:37 AM
    No complaints
    02-21-15 06:53 AM
    Running on Q10 and I love it, didn't run into issues yet, notification sound is a bit low but when I put it on full it's good enough for me. Very fast, no lags, battery seems good so far.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:03 AM
    I had a leaked 10.3.1.1154 OS installed.... Updated to the Official OS... went with security wipe.....No issues reported.
    Things are snappier than before... I am happy with this update...
    02-21-15 07:06 AM
    Issues? Yes I have some. But I am confident they will be resolved.

Overall though, this update has only improved upon what my Passport already was, the best phone I have ever used.

EDIT question for below:
    Does backup/restore actually work reliably now? Because I'd rather not mess with my set up just for sound to improve. Last few times I tried that actually introduced more issues.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    02-21-15 07:11 AM
    The notification volume is unbelievably low. This really annoys me, I hope they will fix it asap

BlackBerry Passport
    Try
    Backup > Security wipe > Restore.

This worked for another user on Passport. Confirmed by Usman.

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    02-21-15 07:14 AM
    Very happy with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:16 AM
    When I play the video I recorded.. theres an audio but I cant see anything its totally black..

Z10 STL100-2 | Official OS ver. 10.2.1.3247
    02-21-15 07:40 AM
    I'm very happy with the update after I wiped my Passport and started clean. Prior to the wipe I was seeing flickering and a few other oddities but all is well after a security wipe and fresh start. (Not restoring from backup. )

My previous install with the flickering problem dated all the way back to the Z10 I bought in 2013. Four devices and many leaked builds later, I decided a fresh start was in order. Yeah, I had to spend an hour setting everything back up again but now it's all running smoothly. I think us enthusiasts sometimes forget that we occasionally have to pay for playing with leaked builds and frequent device changes. Such is life.
    02-21-15 07:53 AM
    The OS works great but for the Flickering I had to chance the size of the Display from 5 to 8 really annoying and for the Camera issued Autofocus I had to use an older camera bar File.
    Beside that, a great OS

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:06 AM
    Mine is running perfectly! No issues whatsoever. I'm lucky I guess. But knock on wood. XD
    02-21-15 08:07 AM
    Totally happy with the update because I dont do OTA updates!
    That's my no-brainer!
    Too many issues associated with doing them OTA (besides the fact that my carrier doesn't offer them). I download the files and load it myself.
    02-21-15 08:46 AM
    Sadly I have to amend my positive comments.

Blackberry Assistant is broken for me. Specifically, it seems no longer capable of speaking aloud. For example when I say "Read the last text message from Bob Wilson" it will take me to the text messages, but it won't read it out loud, it will just take me to the text messages and print out something like "voice command not understood." If I say "tell me how many days there are until christmas" it just prints out the answer in text, it doesn't speak to me.

I use the assistant all the time, this is a disaster. Now I have to figure out how to downgrade my phone *sighs*
    02-21-15 08:51 AM
    Everything working fine
    02-21-15 08:55 AM
    I think for people that are having issues should try an autoloader

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:58 AM
    Try
    Backup > Security wipe > Restore.

This worked for another user on Passport. Confirmed by Usman.

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    Yes, I've read that post where Fistman was successful in getting back his low volume notifications. Thanks to Usman!!!

Guys, who still have buggy OS, have you tried the SECURITY WIPE? Maybe that will help you, before downgrading the OS or even selling your Passport away.

Best if you have a back up in BlackBerry Link before doing security wipe. But if you have been experiencing the bugs when you do the back up, maybe just start fresh after the wipe.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    02-21-15 09:02 AM
    Who knows? I might be happy if I ever get the darned thing! LOL
    02-21-15 09:04 AM
    Yes, I've read that post where Fistman was successful in getting back his low volume notifications. Thanks to Usman!!!
    Sorry, for the error. I meant when Fistman was successful in getting back the NORMAL volume notifications.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    02-21-15 09:05 AM
    Flickering aside, as a Passport owner I'm actually very happy with this update. It seems BlackBerry has finally put behind them the jittery animations and lags that were present in 10.3. With 10.3.1 those jittery animations when switching from one app to the other or when maximizing and minimising the camera app are gone.

I can now have a video running in the browser, minimize the app, launch the camera, minimize that and relaunch the browser without a single hiccup, all while having the maximum number of apps open! Well done BlackBerry as that was my single biggest complaint.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:29 AM
    Not really!

I had assumed that Blend would be updated so I could edit Contacts via my Desktop (I'm trying to consolidate PIM's) - no difference in Blend that I can see - maybe I have to wait for an update to the Blend Desktop software......

Battery still not as good as it was on 10.3.0.... but at least it isn't now 90% discharging in 4 hours.... I'll give it a week to see if it improves

One good thing, though not terribly important for me.... camera focus and picture quality seem to have improved enormously
    My battery was not good on the first day, but today it's awesome.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 O2 UK
    02-21-15 10:07 AM
    I would definitely agree. When I first loaded 10.3.1 leak my device (seemingly) had lots of issues, no call notification, missing contacts etc....slow, battery drain, etc... But noticed the processor was very busy via device manager so just set the phone done and left it for an hour to do its thing and settle. Once I did that, all went away. I've loaded nearly every 10.3.1 leak and haven't had any issues other than a few glitches right after first reboot. Once I let the device settle, all was good.
    02-21-15 10:29 AM
    Verizon Z10 via Sachisi. So far I like it. Had to change a couple of settings. I should say, it's the same damned thing as it used to be (functionally) with different lipstick. BUT, the Android runtime is much more capable.

I tried out Blend and I honestly don't get it. It's a neat idea but why on earth is it so damn sluggish on my PC? Sometimes think it is locked up. They need to make it snappier or else it is basically pointless. What use case does Blend satisfy?
    02-21-15 10:31 AM
    Holy crap ... I just played with the new cursor circle thing. THANK YOU FOR IMPROVING THIS BLACKBERRY! That alone is worth the update.

Oh, I don't like the new changes to the hub. I used to select multiple messages for deletion and now the "select more" option requires scrolling which sucks.
    02-21-15 10:38 AM
    The update isn't available for me yet. But the stock OS that came with my Passport is fine for now. I think I'll wait for all the kinks to get worked out before I update the OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:56 AM
301 ... 45678 ...