I love the update.

But I seriously want the loud sounds back.

Sometimes I work/play in loud environments. I want my notifications volume back.

Passport | Fido
    03-06-15 11:46 AM
    I originally had flickering problem. Two hard resets and haven't had a flicker since. Haven't experienced any of the other issues the OP has reported. So far really happy with the update.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    03-06-15 04:26 PM
    I haven't investigate every aspect of the upgrade yet but I have had it for almost a week and it's working well. I have strong wifi signals and no problems.

So I guess I'm pretty happy with the update.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-06-15 04:34 PM
    I'm good so far! Less than 24hrs but no issues.

Performed a complete back up via BlackBerry Link. Removed the SIM and SD card, plugged the USB from my son's laptop (Windows 8) to my Z10 STL 100-3. Ran the autoloader and waited about 20minutes.

I have to say that all of my data is stored on my SD card, PC and Virtual storage.

Once the system was up and running again, I reinstalled my apps and entered the information for my email and social media accounts manually (after replacing my SIM and SD card). The first app I setup was BBM. I think it's important because other apps want to register with or associate with BBM.

I really like the new look. I even like the new look of the calendar. The OS is more responsive as well.

Hopefully, these few tips are helpful.

Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.1.1581
    03-06-15 06:32 PM
    Yup! Totally happy with it... seen some improvements and efforts made by BlackBerry to reduce memory consumption, smoother transition, new UI etc. The overall experience is still good even though I've encountered some glitches, I could overcome that and patiently wait for BlackBerry to fix the glitches in the next update.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:09 PM
    No.
    1)Standby drains my battery every other day and I have turn off and restart the phone. No such problems in 10.3.0 (and I won't use a leak).

2) Lack of deskmode flash player has turned the Passport from a high resolution live streaming laptop into a run-of the mill mobile phone. I cannot view videos in the desktop websites of the Globe and Mail, BBC, TVO, www.livestation.com, etc. unless I use an android browser such as the photon browser which cannot multitask like the native browser used to do while watching live streaming TV in 10.3.0.

3) Still cannot turn off access to files, location, and device PIN for android apps which I am now forced to use because of lack of flash in the browser.
    Last edited by sorinv; 03-06-15 at 08:34 PM.
    christausky likes this.
    03-06-15 07:26 PM
    I don't believe any company can ever put out flawless O/S or update
    Agree. Look how many renditions of 8.1 are out already from Apple. And Apple is already at os 8. BB 10 is for all intents and purposes brand new! No os is flawless regardless of what the Apple fanboys say...

And BTW, 10.3.1 runs flawlessly on my Z30 and has since the leaks started....
    03-06-15 07:47 PM
    No.
    1)Standby drains my battery every other day and I have turn off and restart the phone. No such problems in 10.3.1 (and I won't use a leak).

2) Lack of deskmode flash player has turned the Passport from a high resolution live streaming laptop into a run-of the mill mobile phone. I cannot view videos in the desktop websites of the Globe and Mail, BBC, TVO, www.livestation.com, etc. unless I use an android browser such as the photon browser which cannot multitask like the native browser used to do while watching live streaming TV in 10.3.0.

3) Still cannot turn off access to files, location, and device PIN for android apps which I am now forced to use because of lack of flash in the browser.
    If you won't experiment with a leak, it seems like you may have given up on possibly having a better experience with your BlackBerry.

I think it is Blackberrys responsibility to work on these issues and release a working product. However, these experiences can help them as well. Unfortunately, it's at the detriment of loosing a user base. I think that may be why AT&T and Verizon wait so long to push updates here in the US. I didn't want to wait so I did it. My post on how I installed the new OS is in this thread. Should you change your mind, you may want to follow those easy steps.

Good luck though!

03-06-15 07:47 PM
    If you won't experiment with a leak, it seems like you may have given up on possibly having a better experience with your BlackBerry.

I think it is Blackberrys responsibility to work on these issues and release a working product. However, these experiences can help them as well. Unfortunately, it's at the detriment of loosing a user base. I think that may be why AT&T and Verizon wait so long to push updates here in the US. I didn't want to wait so I did it. My post on how I installed the new OS is in this thread. Should you change your mind, you may want to follow those easy steps.

Good luck though!

The nuisance is the battery power drain because I can no longer trust the phone to last me through the day. Every now and then I check the battery to verify that the first on the power drain list is not the standby. If it is, I restart the phone.

However, I am willing to wait for an official update because I already made the mistake of accidentally doing the update knowing that there were problems. I do not use a windows PC, only linux, so I cannot sideload.
    Otherwise, I do not have the flicker problem and flash won't come back in the leak either.

I still do not understand why BlackBerry allows android apps with unchangeable permission. The phone is simply not secure if I cannot deny an android app access to my files and location. I should be able to turn those on and off even in the Amazon store app.
    christausky likes this.
    03-06-15 08:33 PM
    Yep!!

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    03-06-15 09:36 PM
    Went from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1 using the OTA update and am pleased. I experienced some screen flicker immediately after the update, but it seemed to only happen the first time I launch an app after the update. A couple of reboots later, and that's complete gone.

What I like:

1. As mentioned by someone earlier, universal search is working again, the way it is supposed to (yay!)

2. Custom notification profiles are back, with customized LED indicator colors (and no, I have not experienced any notification volume issues).

3. Better Android support. Contrary to what someone said earlier you could NOT, under 10.3.0, select a rectangular aspect ratio for Android apps running on the passport. Now you can. Good for Netflix. Also, at long last, it is possible to run Office 365 Mobile Suite, which means the Passport is finally a full-fledged productivity oriented phone. Now, if only it were possible to open .pdf portfolio files on it...

What I don't like:

Lost Flash, but this could not be helped.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:18 PM
    No.
    1) ...
    It was my understanding that 10.3.0 used mobile Flash, not desktop Flash, and Adobe has ceased support of mobile Flash. It seems to me that converting to desktop Flash could entail some serious engineering hurdles.

Posted via CB10
    sorinv likes this.
    03-06-15 11:24 PM
    Z10 stl003 on Bell. Very happy with update!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:35 PM
    Guys. Do a hard reset holding the volume up and down keys. Solves most of the problem. Screen flickering resolved after I did a reset couple of time spaced out in a few days

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:15 AM
    Installing 2480 was the best thing ever happened to my Passport. I'm very happy with it. No problems with battery. No flickering.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 01:17 AM
    Super happy. From the beginning I never have the flickering problem like some people were experiencing. So many more new features to play with.
    03-07-15 06:05 AM
    Installed the 10.3.1 update via Sachesi and have no issues after a hard reset. Flickering was there at first but was gone after the reset. No complaints, to me it seems to run smoother now. Battery is absolutely fine. Sorry to hear that others have had problems.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:23 AM
    I have had the latest update since the first day it was pushed to my unlocked Passport on Tmobile. I HATE it! (the update that is) my screen flickers often. Mostly when I'm telling someone how great of a phone it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:31 AM
    Been running update on Sasktel network.. Fantastic! Bravo BB!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:07 AM
    I did the update via Sachesi and it seem to be working well. I do think the volume is a little lower than it used to be, but am not 100% sure of that.
    03-07-15 11:38 AM
    It was my understanding that 10.3.0 used mobile Flash, not desktop Flash, and Adobe has ceased support of mobile Flash. It seems to me that converting to desktop Flash could entail some serious engineering hurdles.

Posted via CB10
    I know what you mean.

What I meant is that I was using flash on desktop websites.
    Most desktop websites use flash. For example, the BBB desktop website uses flash for videos whereas the BBC mobile website uses html5 for videos.
    The desktop websites are much nicer and higher resolution than the mobile websites and have more useful information.

Mobile websites were developed for outdated devices like the iphone 4 which had slow hardware by today's standards.

Also, live streaming TV stations use flash for high resolution PC streaming, and lower resolution html5 for mobile streaming.

You can no longer connect your phone to an external monitor and watch high resolution tv, unless you have a special app like rogers anyplace, which no longer works on the Passport.
    That is what we lost, we no longer have a mobile multimedia laptop-phone-TV combo.
    You can use the photon browser with flash instead, but it is not multitasking.
    03-07-15 01:24 PM
    There's now a sideloadable native browser that's Flash -enabled. Could be the answer to your prayers.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:09 PM
    pp user: flickering screen
    need restart everyday

no blend anymore
    03-07-15 09:33 PM
    Few issues,

battery life has gone down for sure have the same apps and it empties a lot faster I've noticed.

Also the screen flickers.

Games like 8ball pool don't seem to connect to the Internet anymore so won't work, did work on 10.3.

Seems laggy now, anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:54 AM
    Installing 2480 was the best thing ever happened to my Passport. I'm very happy with it. No problems with battery. No flickering.

Posted via CB10
    Same for me. With the official 10.3.1.x OTA I haven't been really happy. Because after a couple days I got a huge flicker amout. And it seemed to me that the whole system performance decreased. Then I did the update and the phone is so fast. Even faster than with 10.3.0.x
    03-08-15 01:25 PM
301 ... 10111213