11-15-15 08:47 AM
40 12
tools
    Dear all
    From my experience, my Amazon Unlocked Passport is not lagging at all.
    The most important issue for securing a smooth experience is to download updates from SNAP instead of the Amazon Appstore. For example, the last update of Skype from the Amazon Appstore is clearly lagging and the one from SNAP is perfect.

Second: Sliders are not nice. Too big when the QWERTY is out, not solid at all, the sliding mechanism easily brokes ...
    I feel much more confortable with a solid as a rock Passport.
    Cheers.
    Jacob.
    11-09-15 09:15 AM
    From my experience playing with the PRIV, the sliding mechanism feels very solid and tight. When fully opened, I was very surprised it's not top-heavy.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-13-15 01:14 PM
    Sorry to answer this question off topic but what the heck... yes, everything is subjective but I would say its easier/nicer to type on the SE than the OG black, or that's has been my experience... nothing wrong with the OG, but the SE has a softer feeling when pressing the keys... also, the extra chin at the bottom makes it feel better balanced... and in my opinion, scrolling using the pkb is easier with the SE, but this is maybe due to the extra chin as well... regarding the topic, when I went to see the Priv, for about 10 min only, I didn't like the pkb, felt crampy... but 10 min is no way to really get a decent idea about anything... I am sure as many things in this life, you would get used to it...

So you guys are telling, typing, scrolling, holding etc are all better on SE than a normal Passport? I thought it was just in a different dual toned housing?!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 01:26 PM
    Care to elaborate how can Priv's keyboard be smaller than Classic's one? From dimensions I've learnt that the Priv is 77 mm wide, while the Classic is only 72 mm wide.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    The keys are wider and flatter, exactly like the Passport but imagine a smaller size.

The classic has taller thinner keys.

That's how it makes the Priv's pkb feel smaller.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    11-13-15 01:43 PM
    Comparing ATT pkb to Priv... it's like night and day. Fantastic vs lame. Mercedes vs Kia. Zero comparison.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 03:29 PM
    Care to elaborate how can Priv's keyboard be smaller than Classic's one? From dimensions I've learnt that the Priv is 77 mm wide, while the Classic is only 72 mm wide.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    They're 'squished' vertically, it's pretty weird,.. feels smaller than a Q10 even.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 03:41 PM
    Feels downright roomy compared to the keyboard on my Bold 9790.
    11-13-15 04:34 PM
    I played with the Priv and I think the keyboard is terrible. The Passport feels better and with the Priv it feels as if they felt they had to put a keyboard on the phone....it doesn't feel right and it doesn't look right. The Classic is on display next to it and just on looks the Classic looks like the high end phone vs the Priv at the ATT store...just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:31 PM
    They keyboards are very similar in function. The scrolling with the keyboard works the same, haven't noticed any performance difference except the pinch to zoom in and out doesn't exist on the Priv as far as I have experienced. Also I noticed that every time I try to hit the m key I hit the "$" key, but that's more because I got so used to the Passport keyboard that it's taking some time to adjust. I can't really complain though, I used the Passport for over a year and it's only been about 7 days with the Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 08:06 PM
    Yes. It is like more perfect, smoother. Actually since the AT&T version was easier and better, but SE is just perfect.
    Care to elaborate? I can get the att pp for $99 on contract, se is only available via shopbb for 500

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 10:29 PM
    I stopped by the ATT store to check out the Priv :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1048260

on the road with my BlackBerry
    11-13-15 11:38 PM
    You are comparing apple with orange. The Passport keyboard is of its own league. Then the Priv, q10, and classic are of the same class. Then the Q5 by itself.

Also keyboards on a slider devices will also be a bit flatter than that of the non slider phones because the slider phones require some clearance for the top part to slide up and down.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-14-15 12:59 PM
    Passport Keyboard:

Pros:
    * Large keys
    * Satisfactory vertical key travel.
    * Excellent typing experience after a hefty learning period.
    * Clever execution of combining VKB and PKB.

Cons:
    * Idiotic three row design.
    * Prone to mistakes due to the space bar in the middle of V and B keys.

Priv Keyboard

Pros:
    * Finally back to 4 rows.
    * The above. Trust me it is worth noting it twice.

Cons:
    * Small and cramped keys.
    * Often doesn't register key presses. (probably a user error)
    * In some applications, the keyboard inputs are delayed.
    * Less than satisfactory key travel.

Overall, if I have to choose between which keyboard is better, I would say they are about equal. They have different strengths and differences. Personally, I prefer the keyboard of the Passport better. I think it is better executed, and compliments the OS that it was designed for. Priv's keyboard while it brought back the four rows of keys, I never felt satisfied. As the first iteration of BlackBerry made Android device, I think it is solid but the company need a lot more work to do.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-14-15 01:30 PM
    I had the OP and was little hard to get the A and Z, then I got the AT&T version and was much better. Then I got the SE and the keyboard is absolutely perfect!!!! And now I have the priv and I can tell I'm very disappointed. it is like a cheap small keyboard from those $30.00 phones with keys. It's even smaller than the classic (I have a Classic also). I don't like it at all.
    thanks for this input, how do you feel today? after having the Priv some more days? ... I remember having had a really hard and long time adapting myself to the pky of the PP, at least two weeks ... and later got a Classic, but even it's cool ... the PP is far better to me.
    11-15-15 03:18 AM
    thanks for this input, how do you feel today? after having the Priv some more days? ... I remember having had a really hard and long time adapting myself to the pky of the PP, at least two weeks ... and later got a Classic, but even it's cool ... the PP is far better to me.
    May be as I still have the Passport SE I couldn't habituate to the Priv, I got typos (that I never have in the Passport). At the end was much better but my idea was to replace my PP because I thought Priv would be much better, but until now and for me, the best phone Blackberry has made is Passport SE, at least on the keyboard (something very important for me because I'm a writer and I have to write anywhere). I just send the Priv back two days ago.
    11-15-15 08:47 AM
40 12