Is there anyone that has owned an original Passport, and an SE Passport and had hands on the Priv to compare the scrolling capabilities of the PKB's?

I have an unlocked Passport and tired out a Priv today and the Priv had a greatly improved scrolling touch response compare to my oft laggy unlocked Passport, I was wondering if the SE PKB scrolled as good as the Priv? I was impressed with the ease and sensitivity of the Priv PKB working to scroll compared to my UnLcked PP. I read many who went from oroignal PP to SE and how they felt the SE keyboard worked better the the original. I'd buy an SE if the PKB operated as well as the one on the Priv.
    11-07-15 12:19 PM
    Haven't tried the Priv so can't compare. For what it's worth the SE PKB is fantastic at anything it does. But again, the likeness is totally subjective.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    11-07-15 01:25 PM
    I have never noticed lag with my passport. It works great for scrolling and zooming

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 02:24 PM
    i felt it was more sensitive, as in i barely moved finger and it was down at bottom of page
    I don't know if that is "better" or not though because I didn't like it
    11-07-15 02:30 PM
    Extremely responsive in comparison, but I only used it for a few minutes.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.2639 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    11-07-15 03:33 PM
    I had the OP and was little hard to get the A and Z, then I got the AT&T version and was much better. Then I got the SE and the keyboard is absolutely perfect!!!! And now I have the priv and I can tell I'm very disappointed. it is like a cheap small keyboard from those $30.00 phones with keys. It's even smaller than the classic (I have a Classic also). I don't like it at all.
    11-07-15 05:17 PM
    The other day, my coworker surprised by how smooth the scrolling on my Passport. He used Android.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-07-15 05:45 PM
    Tried tonight. Absolutely hated priv kb. Keys feel way too soft and tiny.

Also the screen edge up top was very uncomfortable when pressing top buttons. My fingers kept hitting it.

Best description I can give is keys feel like you're pressing little buttons into mud.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 09:07 PM
    They're totally different. The Priv keyboard is smaller, obviously. But also, the touch sensitivity is tuned finer on the Passport (BlackBerry 10), but I'm sure in time BlackBerry will add a way to adjust the Priv touch sensitivity. It's really fast on mine. Maybe there is a way that I haven't found yet. Hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:43 AM
    I had the OP and was little hard to get the A and Z, then I got the AT&T version and was much better. Then I got the SE and the keyboard is absolutely perfect!!!! And now I have the priv and I can tell I'm very disappointed. it is like a cheap small keyboard from those $30.00 phones with keys. It's even smaller than the classic (I have a Classic also). I don't like it at all.
    So the SE has a different keyboard layout as compared to the normal Passport?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:45 AM
    So the SE has a different keyboard layout as compared to the normal Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It is like more perfect, smoother. Actually since the AT&T version was easier and better, but SE is just perfect.
    11-08-15 12:48 AM
    I have never noticed lag with my passport. It works great for scrolling and zooming

Posted via CB10
    I had no lag either, but it would stutter sometimes. Latest leak, 10.3.2.2789, did solve that in 99% of the cases.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 01:04 AM
    Yes. It is like more perfect, smoother. Actually since the AT&T version was easier and better, but SE is just perfect.
    That's why I almost bought the SE 2 months ago, but IMHO it just doesn't look so good. So I ended up buying the Red OG 2 months ago. I'm not disappointed at all though but they could soften a bit. Maybe it has to do with age as well, my mum has the Black OG for almost a year now and her keys feel a bit easier to hit now than they did when she first got it. So maybe that will be the case on my Red OG as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 01:08 AM
    That's why I almost bought the SE 2 months ago, but IMHO it just doesn't look so good. So I ended up buying the Red OG 2 months ago.
    Haha, this is exactly how I feel. I have an OG Black, and recently bought the SE. The SE keyboard is perfect, but I just sold it because I really like the look of the OG better. Even the slight increase in dimensions of the SE made it feel bulky to me. I'm back on my black but just bought a red from a fellow CB member tonight.

It should be here by mid week the latest. Lol, problems.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    Vistaus and m1kr0 like this.
    11-08-15 01:34 AM
    Care to elaborate how can Priv's keyboard be smaller than Classic's one? From dimensions I've learnt that the Priv is 77 mm wide, while the Classic is only 72 mm wide.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-08-15 04:19 AM
    The scrolling touch response of my SE is perfect if it is perfect what I experience. For instance, take the key-row U-J-B. If you ride your finger slowly across them, beginning with U, the screen follows slowly but immediately (no lag) and moves from bottom upward. The same is valid the other way around, beginning with B. Yet if you have a very long page and want to go quickly from top to bottom, you must give the B sort of a kick (then gliding across J and U) and the page scrolls down fast.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:28 AM
    Haven't tried the Priv so can't compare. For what it's worth the SE PKB is fantastic at anything it does. But again, the likeness is totally subjective.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    You used an original PP to compare your experience with the SE?
    11-08-15 06:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm on the latest blitz which gives tmobile wifi but even before, the PKN scroll stops at times and I have to kick start it by scrolling on the screen then the PKB scroll works again, and depending on how i touch the PKB depends on how well it works, but on the Priv that I tried yesterday it was perfection on the PKB, but I'd heard many who got the SE say how much better it was so I trying to gather facts to see if I get an SE or not.
    11-08-15 06:44 AM
    Haha, this is exactly how I feel. I have an OG Black, and recently bought the SE. The SE keyboard is perfect, but I just sold it because I really like the look of the OG better. Even the slight increase in dimensions of the SE made it feel bulky to me. I'm back on my black but just bought a red from a fellow CB member tonight.

It should be here by mid week the latest. Lol, problems.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    If you can, report back if you think scrollin works better on red than black please.
    11-08-15 06:47 AM
    So you guys are telling, typing, scrolling, holding etc are all better on SE than a normal Passport? I thought it was just in a different dual toned housing?!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 06:55 AM
    I've had every colour iteration and the se feels like a whole new device. Keyboard is like the att version perfected further to be right in the sweet spot.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 09:53 AM
    So you guys are telling, typing, scrolling, holding etc are all better on SE than a normal Passport? I thought it was just in a different dual toned housing?!

Posted via CB10
    I can say the PKB on the Priv is super compared to the PKB on mu unlocked Passport.
    11-08-15 10:39 AM
    Never used the Priv keyboard but I think it'll be too small for my liking. Before I bought my Passport, I also tried using the BlackBerry Classic and it felt cramped.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:14 PM
    If you can, report back if you think scrollin works better on red than black please.
    It's the exact same...same phone. Any differences are due to minor variations in hardware.
    11-08-15 09:30 PM
    I have both, Priv keyboard will take some getting used to but it doesn't necessarily feel cheap. Just smaller.

I like having alt and shift keys again, but it feels cramped after the massive Passport keyboard. I know I will get used to it because I used to fly on my Bold, Curve, and Torch.

Scrolling on the Priv KB is crap though. It scrolls way too fast and has no accuracy to it, with no method to reduce the sensitivity. Hoping to see a software update to fix that soon.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    11-08-15 09:34 PM
40 12