04-14-15 01:36 AM
31 12
tools
    I use WeChat a lot. The native BB10 WeChat is buggy on Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2243 - my family never receive my video call whilst the iOS WeChat works well; no notification for Moments update.

I am thinking about upgrading to Passport from Q10. My only concern is WeChat. So anybody uses WeChat for Android on Passport? How do you like it or hate it? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:35 PM
    The only reason I m using the android version of wechat is because the native one has no notification of new moments and any replies to you, thus you have to scroll down and search if anyone post a new moment or reply to you. And of course the android version drain your battery a lot, but it's not a big deal since PP packed a large battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:50 PM
    Native Wechat hasn't been updated in ages... Android version is still very slow on the Z10 even with 10.3.1
    But it shouldn't be a problem for the Passport

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:06 PM
    I'm using the native version. It's finicky but I do get new notifications in the Hub from time to time.

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-14-15 01:10 PM
    I'm using the native for BlackBerry. No issues. Video call works fine.

Via Passport and Classic
    03-14-15 01:16 PM
    Native.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-14-15 01:26 PM
    My wife uses the latest android version of Wechat on her Passport and it works well, notifications and all but weirdly, has an unfinished icon on the desktop. Her Passport is running 10.3.1.2558

Posted via CB10
    cooboo likes this.
    03-14-15 03:37 PM
    My wife uses the latest android version of Wechat on her Passport and it works well, notifications and all but weirdly, has an unfinished icon on the desktop. Her Passport is running 10.3.1.2558

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'm not sure why the icon does that. It didn't use to do that in 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 04:17 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure why the icon does that. It didn't use to do that in 10.2.1

Posted via CB10

Yep--I even checked it out on my z10 a while back when I had 10.2.1 on it and icon was ok. No big deal but it looks kinda ugly!
    03-14-15 09:05 PM
    The only reason I m using the android version of wechat is because the native one has no notification of new moments and any replies to you, thus you have to scroll down and search if anyone post a new moment or reply to you. And of course the android version drain your battery a lot, but it's not a big deal since PP packed a large battery.

Posted via CB10
    I got this issue after upgraded to 10.3.1 recently. However, the android version on Q10 is really slow.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:47 AM
    I'm using the native version. It's finicky but I do get new notifications in the Hub from time to time.

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    I have no issues with notification of message but the notification of Moments.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:49 AM
    I'm using the native for BlackBerry. No issues. Video call works fine.

Via Passport and Classic
    What is your OS version? It seems that the video call problem only happed after I upgraded to 10.3.1. If you are using the 10.3.1, what phone (android, iphone or BB10) does the person you called use.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I have an unfinished icon on my Q10 too.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:55 AM
    I am actually curious about the same thing. Which version should I use, Android port or native WeChat? Cuz user reviews for the native WeChat shows horrible ratings, and I kinda need WeChat...

(Android port is slow? But Line is working fine on my Classic...if Android WeChat is similar than I can live with it)

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:01 AM
    I am actually curious about the same thing. Which version should I use, Android port or native WeChat? Cuz user reviews for the native WeChat shows horrible ratings, and I kinda need WeChat...

(Android port is slow? But Line is working fine on my Classic...if Android WeChat is similar than I can live with it)

Posted via CB10
    I'm almost certain that Wechat is optimized like **** for android period. You can still give both a try native and Android. The only problem with the native one from what I remember is that it's got half the features.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 10:04 PM
    Tried the native wechat from BB world, but uninstall it due to the lack of function and bugs, no stickers, no notification. Using the android version currently, video call works fine, i got all the functions from the android version. The only thing is that u need to keep the wechat app running as active frame to receive notification.

I really hope the developer will update the native wechat in BB world, i sent several emails to the developer, but no reply from them at all.
    03-15-15 10:10 PM
    Tried the native wechat from BB world, but uninstall it due to the lack of function and bugs, no stickers, no notification. Using the android version currently, video call works fine, i got all the functions from the android version. The only thing is that u need to keep the wechat app running as active frame to receive notification.

I really hope the developer will update the native wechat in BB world, i sent several emails to the developer, but no reply from them at all.
    I did the same a year ago and a few more times. They never do a damn thing lol... maybe they don't understand English.

Posted via CB10
    4everForever likes this.
    03-15-15 10:13 PM
    WeChat has evolved dramatically. The native version is just so out dated.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 11:45 PM
    Really, Android Wechat drains the battery a lot? Can you give a percentage? Thx.
    03-16-15 12:30 AM
    I am using WeChat on an iphone5s here in China...I am surprised to find myself say this but...its one of the better messenger apps out there (if not the best). The ios version of WeChat is clean, functional, smooth and is everything whatsapp is and better...

The only problem is we don't get that on our berries and this is really prompting me to switch phones....

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 03:04 AM
    I am using WeChat on an iphone5s here in China...I am surprised to find myself say this but...its one of the better messenger apps out there (if not the best). The ios version of WeChat is clean, functional, smooth and is everything whatsapp is and better...

The only problem is we don't get that on our berries and this is really prompting me to switch phones....

Posted via CB10
    All because of Tencent. Nothing BlackBerry can do about that.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 03:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Feeling the same.

As much as I love my Passport, seeing all the decent, but outdated versions of software (WeChat, QQ... to name a few) makes me wonder why I switch away from my iPhone 5s in the first place.

But don't get me wrong, I still prefer my Passport as a business tool.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 03:17 AM
    Feeling the same.

As much as I love my Passport, seeing all the decent, but outdated versions of software (WeChat, QQ... to name a few) makes me wonder why I switch away from my iPhone 5s in the first place.

But don't get me wrong, I still prefer my Passport as a business tool.

Posted via CB10
    Run the android version. Should work well with the Passport no? If you have a Z30 or Passport it should be pretty usable.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 03:19 AM
    Run the android version. Should work well with the Passport no? If you have a Z30 or Passport it should be pretty usable.

Posted via CB10
    I don't see it in Amazon Store? Or I have to side loaded?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 03:42 AM
    I don't see it in Amazon Store? Or I have to side loaded?

Posted via CB10
    Make sure to get Snap. It's worth sideloading. Do it once and you are set.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 03:48 AM
31 12