Is anybody using the bb case from shopblackberry/crackberry shop? Let us know what you think.
    10-23-14 12:52 PM
    I am. It looks good. Grip could be better but no complaints. It doesn't fit skintight to Passport, and there is some "way" when you press on the corners (especially top right). It's really slight, but it's there, which wouldn't be if you had a jelly/TPU case. I don't know if that "way", that slight gap, is good when there is impact, but perhaps they could've used a soft material on the inside or generally made the case ever so slightly smaller so you would actually need to "stretch" it to put it over Passport, which would've resulted in a tight fit.

It's good for protecting the corners and back, and if you are not a fan of the line on the back splitting the microsd/sim slot cover from the rest of the back, you will like the look of the case. The back is textured, and I think it generally refrains from making your Passport look "cheap" like some jelly cases might. It does add some friction when you put the device in your pocket or take it out of it.

It prevents the screen and camera from coming into contact with the surface you put the phone on, so that's good.
    10-23-14 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the review. Did it come with a screen protector and if so are you using it? How does it compare to aftermarket etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 01:26 PM
    There's the Leather Flip Case and a Hard Shell Case for the Passport that's made and sole by BlackBerry. The hard shell comes with a screen protector.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    10-23-14 01:32 PM
    The screen protector that comes with the hard shell case feels good, but it is a fingerprint magnet. Really like the look and feel of the case, though.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-23-14 01:41 PM
    To add to the review I generally like the case and mine has the same issue with a slightly lose corner. My only disappointment is that I have been unable to find a charging dock that works with this case, they all bottom out on the case before it makes contact with the connector.

Posted with my "square" phone!
    10-23-14 02:04 PM
    Phew. At least I am not the only one with the loose corners. I thought I had a lemon case.

It does come with a generic screen protector. It will hold me off until ishieldz becomes available on Amazon.
    On a side note, is anyone else's screen protector lifting up around the edges? I noticed as soon as I applied mine, the edges didnt stick. Now the top is starting to get some dust under it. Slowly it's going to start lifting more.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-23-14 02:09 PM
    I have the hardshell as well. I enjoy having it on my Passport very much. I too have the slightly loose fitting top corner but I actually like them that way.

The loose fit isn't noticeable during use and not having a too tight fit on a hardshell prevents the case doing damage when u put it on or take it off. I had a Seidio hardshell on my 9900 that actually scratched the phone over time.

I don't think the BlackBerry hardshell case was meant to be heavy duty protection. It will protect and absorb the initial impact of a drop on the corners and also prevent knicks and scratches during every day use.

It's a great case that compliments the Passport's design well. I highly recommend it. #2thumbsup

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 02:31 PM
    i actually like the feel of the hardshell.

it doesn't add much to the device.

it's good protection because with the size of this device, one handed usage may cause a drop or 2 to happen.
    10-23-14 03:10 PM
    Phew. At least I am not the only one with the loose corners. I thought I had a lemon case.

It does come with a generic screen protector. It will hold me off until ishieldz becomes available on Amazon.
    On a side note, is anyone else's screen protector lifting up around the edges? I noticed as soon as I applied mine, the edges didnt stick. Now the top is starting to get some dust under it. Slowly it's going to start lifting more.

I have the same issue with the Screen protector. I noticed it doesn't seal around the edges, I don't have any dust getting under yet but I'm definitely gonna have to look for another one.
    10-23-14 03:17 PM
    I have the same issue with the Screen protector. I noticed it doesn't seal around the edges, I don't have any dust getting under yet but I'm definitely gonna have to look for another one.
    I thought this was because Passport screen has left and right edged rounded off. If you run your finger across the edges, you'll feel the round. I was thinking of getting a tempered glass protector, but it would still leave some portion of the screen exposed (if the protector is small enough to fit within the flat area) or the edges of the screen protector will not seal the screen perfectly.
    10-23-14 04:11 PM
    Has anybody seen the spigen or phantomglass screens? Worth the 35$?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 04:50 PM
    I've had other devices with Gorilla Glass and have never regretted going without a screen protector.

Hope I didn't just jinx myself....

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 05:09 PM
    Has anybody seen the spigen or phantomglass screens? Worth the 35$?

Posted via CB10
    The Spigen tempered glass protectors are awesome! I have rocked one on my Note and it felt like the real thing.
    I don't know if they offer one for BlackBerry though. Last time I was on their site, there wasn't anything BlackBerry.

On a side note iShieldz has one for the Passport and I have also sworn by iShieldz if not using a tempered glass. They offer great warranty replacement. And perhaps like how other have described with the rounded edges on the Passport, the iShieldz might be better because it's more of a film and can form around it better.

10-23-14 07:16 PM
    10-23-14 09:34 PM
    I'm using the official hard case and love it. The screen protector that comes with it is great, but I did order a set of two replacements just in case.

Love the case and protector. I'm a holster guy finally getting into putting my phone into a pocket instead, and I feel totally comfortable that my Passport is well protected.
    10-24-14 12:00 AM
    I have been using the bb oem hard case shell for past 4 days and I like it. It looks sharp and does not cheapen the look of the passport.

I called a bell store and they selling it $30 CAD and also mentioned they ordered oem holster for passport. I was surprised to hear about it but let's see if it does come in or he made a mistake.
    10-24-14 02:55 PM
    I'm using the hard case, works good. Doesn't have a big profile and has excellent grip.
    10-24-14 03:42 PM