08-18-14 01:25 PM
78 1234
tools
    I like the size and form factor too. But what I hate about bigger devices: their weight. 140g are the maximum for me. I doubt the passport will be that light. Does anyone know how heavy the passport will be?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 12:16 PM
    Don't wear skinny jeans, niche

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 05:13 PM
    I like the size and form factor too. But what I hate about bigger devices: their weight. 140g are the maximum for me. I doubt the passport will be that light. Does anyone know how heavy the passport will be?

Posted via CB10
    It's about 160g

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 07:10 PM
    I'm cautious of getting a Passport based upon the keyboard that also behaves like a trackpad. I've had issues with bad keyboards, I've had issues with bad trackpads. Now with the Passport, who knows? Knowing BlackBerry's track record, I might get both issues all with one device. Hate to be a pessimist but maybe another flop's coming.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    08-02-14 08:48 PM
    Not cautious at all... "Coz I'm NOT getting the Passport.

Classic please. :-)

Posted from a D618
    08-02-14 08:54 PM
    My only concern regarding the size would be the virtually iimpossible one-handed use. Which always has been one of the strong points of each BlackBerry phone.
    Regarding fitting. the Passport in pockets or anything I don't have a single concern.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    labyrinth9 likes this.
    08-03-14 04:28 AM
    I am somewhat concerned about the size. Not for carrying reasons (don't use pockets or holster) but for how it will feel in the hands, both one and two.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 07:24 AM
    Not really as I never carry my phone in my pants pocket.

I'm far more concerned about how it feels in my hands, the weight and balance, and the typing experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 09:46 AM
    I am very excited for this device. The size may be a concern for a few, but I think the majority will find that it's a great feature. I think that blackberry has the consumer in mind when making the decision to make such a huge change.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 09:50 AM
    Nope.

BB Proud
    08-03-14 09:50 AM
    Could you please tell me what could be assumed cost of device in india will be at the time of launch

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it will be anything less than 45k

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 01:54 PM
    The question I have is will it fit inside a suit inside pocket?

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    08-03-14 03:40 PM
    I have big paws and I am hoping the passport is just the right size to fit them? I like the square design, but pricing is going to be the key factor.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    08-03-14 04:14 PM
    Don't worry about the size, worry about the lack of support from Blackberry, lack of apps in the store, worry about future promised O/S deliveries not being met, and developers/services like 7digital no longer supporting the music store on the device. Oh wait, that was the Playbook, still I'm sure Blackberry would NEVER do stuff like that again. We've gone from a four blackberry device household to just one, and not regretted our Android or Apple purchases one jot. Yes - I am a disgruntled playbook owner, although strangely it's now the only blackberry any of us now use.
    08-03-14 05:03 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-827195/http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-827195/
    Don't worry about the size, worry about the lack of support from Blackberry, lack of apps in the store, worry about future promised O/S deliveries not being met, and developers/services like 7digital no longer supporting the music store on the device. Oh wait, that was the Playbook, still I'm sure Blackberry would NEVER do stuff like that again. We've gone from a four blackberry device household to just one, and not regretted our Android or Apple purchases one jot. Yes - I am a disgruntled playbook owner, although strangely it's now the only blackberry any of us now use.
    I feel your pain, as a fellow (abandoned) Playbook owner, but I don't think the Passport and Playbook are at all the same beasts.

The tablet market appears to be fizzling out in general; the smartphone market, anything but.

If the Q10 has taught us anything, the biggest concern with the Passport could be QC issues, with yet-another hardware keyboard.
    08-03-14 05:23 PM
    Let it go, let it go...BlackBerry is not the first and won't be the last to EoL products. Everything is disposable, and manufactures want consumers to buy frequently. Even Steve Jobs said something along the lines he wants people to upgrade every 13 months. Do iPhone 4 users get pissed off because not all iOS7 features are available on their phone or the fact that the phone has slowed down?

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247/Telus
    Last edited by pgg101; 08-03-14 at 06:21 PM.
    08-03-14 05:49 PM
    The moment I learned the playbook doesn't support expandable memory via sd or micro sd it was already a no-buy for me... I have no brand loyalty, if it doesn't have the features I want, I don't even bother with it...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-03-14 05:59 PM
    The moment I learned the playbook doesn't support expandable memory via sd or micro sd it was already a no-buy for me... I have no brand loyalty, if it doesn't have the features I want, I don't even bother with it...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    And just to illustrate how everyone has different "must have" features, app selection and quality are more important to me than expandable memory.

A 32 GB or 64 GB device is usually just fine for me, as I typically don't keep a huge number of large files like videos on my mobile devices.

That said, the PlayBook is severely lacking in the app department, as well. For that reason, my PB has been relegated to sitting in a rapid charging dock in the kitchen and being a "family tablet" rather than a dedicated, daily-use device.
    08-03-14 06:28 PM
    No, contrary I will buy because of the size and because it's square!

Sent from my Z 30
    08-05-14 04:25 PM
    I love my Q10. My only wish is that it's screen was bigger. And I loved the gestures on my Z10. The Passport looks like my ideal phone.

While traveling recently I had my Passport Book with me. I had it in my shirt pocket and my jeans pocket. Fit nicely in both. And since the passport is the size of a passport... im not all that worried.

Posted via CB10
    Mo Cat likes this.
    08-05-14 04:44 PM
    Then buy the Classic.

Posted on my Q5
    08-05-14 04:48 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-827195/http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-827195/

I feel your pain, as a fellow (abandoned) Playbook owner, but I don't think the Passport and Playbook are at all the same beasts.

The tablet market appears to be fizzling out in general; the smartphone market, anything but.

If the Q10 has taught us anything, the biggest concern with the Passport could be QC issues, with yet-another hardware keyboard.

Nice article on the tablet markets. Funny I read it after I see that Sony has shuttered their Vaio line and went strictly android tablet. Their PC designs were as close to apple as any PC maker ever got. Not regretting my last Vaio purchase BUT if I new it was coming I would have got the Surface.

I think the bad luck is me. My track record for discontinued products is bad.

Treo
    Hummer (real one)
    Stand Up PWC (Kawsaki JETSKI only)
    Land Rover Defender 90
    BlackBerry Playbook
    Etc. Maybe I should get an iphone to bring the bad luck to them.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 08:26 PM
    I have personally made peace with myself in regard to BlackBerry PlayBook "betrayal" taking note that BlackBerry the company themselves suffered massive loss of money in write downs and discounts from PlayBook failure so I call that even. However, death of native consumer apps and dependence on Amazon app store that suffers lack of app problem itself is worrying. Look at Fire phone, it is more or less a flop at this point. Brushing aside the problematic ecosystem, the Passport has plenty to like.
    08-05-14 09:17 PM
    I'll get the Passport and then probably upgrade to the Classic when it is released.

What I'm most worried about is that BB10 developers will give up and concede to the mediocre (compared to native BB10) Android runtime. I have no use for the Android shop (I do, but the UX is too poor).

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 09:17 AM
    I have been loyal blackberry user with models bold 9780, bold 9900 and currently q10.all the models except 9780 has double typing issue because of hardware keyboard.my only concern with the passport should not get double typing issue and touch sensor of the keyboard should be good and worrying about future OS updates as the device is unique compared to current BB10 models

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 10:44 AM
78 1234