I was thinking about getting my wife the Passport for Christmas because she thinks bigger is better whereas I think differently. For me compact has its strong points. I suppose that is why she married me and I married her. Ha ha.

In one article I read it is mostly men who are interested in the device. Then another article said that one woman found it sexy.

Has any woman on here bought the Passport and what do you think of the product? Is it too big?

Big Brother Hoards Your Data, stop the hoarding.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    10-24-14 08:45 AM
    I bought my wife a Passport (and one for myself!) with the 25% off coupons as it was just too good of a deal to resist. I did not think that she would like it, but thought that I could easily sell it if she did not like it. Turns out that she loves it and I cannot pry it out of her hands. She is a tiny woman 5' 1" with small hands but for her it is a mini-computer.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-24-14 08:50 AM
    I considered it but I love the size of my z10. I haven't held a Passport yet, but I've used other larger devices and have found this size ideal.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:56 AM
    .....woman found it sexy.....
    very true..... but both men and women love the look.

It is not gender specific.

it is way more elegant and stylish looking than any other phone on the market.

My wife sold her Note 3 once she saw my Passport....
    10-24-14 08:59 AM
    I will buy it. I just don't have the funds yet. Plus I was kind of hoping the white one would show up soon.

I haven't decided if I will use it as my everyday phone yet or as a secondary tablet replacement device. My #1 beef with my tablet is that I hate typing on the touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:23 AM
    My wife loves hers. Always been a keyboard user even if it meant a small screen. Now she doesn't have to compromise!

I should add that she's not the person to carry her phone in her pants pocket. Usually she just puts it in her purse, or lab coat pocket when at work.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:33 AM
    The size should not bother most women, it's actually only 1/2 inch wider than the iphone 6 Plus..3.56" vs. 3.06". The iphone 6 plus has a 5.5" screen, much more area than the Passport (4.5'" screen), but the shape of the PP fools people. The Z30 has a larger screen than the PP.. 5".
    The PP screen is approx. 3.2" x 3.2", but the square shape of the PP, makes better use of the area than the larger screens of the two mentioned above.
    I think this design makes the PP the best use of its size over any phone out there.
    Total area of the PP is much less than the iphone 6 plus... and I will be getting one ASAP!!
    10-24-14 09:53 AM
    I can't wait to get the Passport! It will be my everything -- phone, mini-laptop, you-name-it -- work device and go everywhere with me! Re size - I'm 5-foot tall and no worries about the size - it's all mind over matter and a period of adjustment. Thanks to the 9900, I know that BB delivers on call quality and signal in my home office in spite of AT&T's closest tower being 5 miles away (better call quality etc than the 4s on the very nearby Sprint tower - go figure!) BUT it depends on your wife and, being pragmatic and fair, keep in mind that all tech hits divots and glitches, now and then - some more than others!

I hold an indelible memory in my heart from July 2013 when I was helped by a relative stranger's BB Bold (it looked like a Bold, but that type) in a remote part of East Africa when neither my macbook nor anyone else's digital devices could get on-line to transmit two stories on deadline. It sort of smacked me upside the head that Blackberrys were the most reliable mobile devices throughout that trip (to write about eco-safaris in Kenya). BB galloped to the rescue!

Your wife is a lucky lass - hope she loves her Passport!!!
    10-24-14 10:01 AM
    Women don't have to worry about the pocket thing. Although I haven't found putting the PP in my pocket any issue. ( and I wear skinny jeans! )

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:14 AM
    I'm definitely thinking about getting one. I'm 32, female and am not a business person but love Blackberry and love getting new cell phones!

I love the size of it in a lot of ways but one of my biggest concerns (that I'm reading zillions of reviews to try to help myself get over) is the size in terms of carrying it, etc. Sometimes when I'm running around the house, I pop my Q10 in the back of my jeans. It's not a make or break thing, it's just making me think for a bit. I'm trying to think very carefully about how often I actually might want a smaller phone to put in a pocket or a smaller purse so that I don't buy the Passport thinking it'll be fine, and then end up being constantly frustrated. I will say, I was just in Spain for 2 weeks on a trip, and the entire time I kept saying to myself, I wish I had the Passport!!! For the camera and browsing the internet while away.

I love how the camera has more megapixels (as I already think the Q10 camera, particularly the HDR mode, is awesome), I love how you can scroll on the keyboard, I love that it looks different (I sometimes go for random phones that no one else wants....like when I got the Motorola Q and everyone kept asking me why I was carrying around a calculator...), I love the keys (and hate full touchscreens!), and I love how the screen is big for web browsing because I do a lot of that sitting around at home (I'd be hoping to use it in place of my iPad a bit because I don't typing on the iPad). And I love that all of that is done by a Blackberry! I like supporting a Canadian company and not being an Apple fangirl

So, those are all of my reasons of why I like it/am still thinking about it. Actually though, the reality is my biggest issue is that I still have a year left on my darn contract with Bell. I need to call them to ask them how much it would be to upgrade to it, even though I'm a year out from being due for an upgrade. Story of my life.....I ALWAYS want a new phone after a year, but still keep signing up for 2 year contracts!
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    10-30-14 11:45 AM
    It's great! Recipes are great! Facebook is great! And for readers it's just plain awesome

Jaglenn's Passport
    10-30-14 12:35 PM
    I'm female, 5'2 and loving my Passport. It definitely threw me for a loop when I first laid eyes on it a few days ago but I'm getting used to the size. The Passport is definitely a keeper.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    10-30-14 01:03 PM
    I'll be getting one. No worries about the size.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:01 PM
    I was thinking about getting my wife the Passport for Christmas because she thinks bigger is better whereas I think differently. For me compact has its strong points. I suppose that is why she married me and I married her. Ha ha.

In one article I read it is mostly men who are interested in the device. Then another article said that one woman found it sexy.

Has any woman on here bought the Passport and what do you think of the product? Is it too big?

Big Brother Hoards Your Data, stop the hoarding.
    When your wife was saying "bigger is better", was she really talking about the Passport?

Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:30 PM
    I did and I love it. I think I am one of the first, if not THE first person in my work place to have the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:35 PM
    The Passport is for everyone, iPhone advertise bigger is better, yet they run around when it comes to the Passport that it is big!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:48 PM
    My wife had an iPhone and went to the passport. She says the best phone she ever had she's not a businesswoman she's a stay-at-home mom and uses it for recipes and all the church in social media stuff that she does. She tried to Z10 for a while and disliked it some what compared To her iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:20 PM
    I am a woman rocking the Passport. I love it!!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:42 PM