Hello,
    On my travels I would really love to get my photos on the phone. I tried it via WiFi and installed the play memories app on the Sony NEX 6 and the apk on the Passport (playmemories mobile version 6.2.0). Although I can connect phone and camera via WiFi it's not possible to transfer pictures with the app. It seems that it doesn't recognise the camera properly.
    Any suggestions on that or anyone's setup is working?
    Are there maybe other ways like connecting a card reader or similar?
    Thanks a lot!

Posted via Passport
    02-07-18 03:50 PM
    Hello,
    On my travels I would really love to get my photos on the phone. I tried it via WiFi and installed the play memories app on the Sony NEX 6 and the apk on the Passport (playmemories mobile version 6.2.0). Although I can connect phone and camera via WiFi it's not possible to transfer pictures with the app. It seems that it doesn't recognise the camera properly.
    Any suggestions on that or anyone's setup is working?
    Are there maybe other ways like connecting a card reader or similar?
    Thanks a lot!

Posted via Passport
    The Passport has OTG usb. Just get the adapter (cheap on amazon) and transfer from a usb card reader. That's what I do when transferring large video files.
    02-07-18 03:57 PM
    There might be other apps that do work, My Passport connects fine with my Canon 70D, even if the connection process can be fiddly; it also depends on the router if you're connecting both to one: my mac needs to be connected via ethernet for the camera to see it via wifi; since no two macs see each other via wifi, seems like a (cheap *** ISP) router problem. At least with Canon you have the option to connect both phone and camera directly.
    02-07-18 10:18 PM
    try usb otg on passport is supoorted
    02-08-18 09:18 AM
    Thank you for all your replies.

I will try USB OTG first since I wasn't aware that the Passport is compatible. I hope the cheaper adapters work I'm going to buy one with SD card and USB slots in one.

As a third-party app AuxiCam is working with direct wifi and I can do remote control, that's already a nice feature.

Posted via Passport
    02-11-18 06:51 PM
    I hope the cheaper adapters work
    Ages ago I bought a cheap one from E-bay (around $5) and it works great. Took forever to come from China though
    02-11-18 07:02 PM
    Damn unfortunately I bought an USB Type-C Card reader adapter and it looks like that the plug is the to wide? So the passport is no Type-C phone I suppose?! Is there another adapter Type-C - to normal USB which I can switch in between?

Posted via Passport
    02-15-18 05:00 PM
    Damn unfortunately I bought an USB Type-C Card reader adapter and it looks like that the plug is the to wide? So the passport is no Type-C phone I suppose?! Is there another adapter Type-C - to normal USB which I can switch in between?

Posted via Passport
    Ahhh--mistake made, lesson learned. As far as I'm aware, there is no C to usb adapter (could be wrong about that), but save the Type C adapter because you will probably need it later on. Back to the drawing board, unfortunately.
    02-15-18 06:33 PM
    Thanks brookie, indeed lesson learned.
    Just to make sure would the following setup work?
    I'll buy a micro USB to female usb OTG adapter for to plug in the passport and then plug in the female usb an usb card reader adapter which I already have. This would make to adapters in a row.
    Or is it better to buy an all in one adapter?

Posted via Passport
    02-16-18 05:09 PM
    I'll buy a micro USB to female usb OTG adapter for to plug in the passport and then plug in the female usb an usb card reader adapter which I already have. This would make to adapters in a row.

Posted via Passport
    It's probably better to buy an all in one adapter or a simple adapter such as mine, but you can probably do anything with it. The Passport has excellent OTG abilities. Sometimes I connect a wireless mouse and keyboard to it. My setup includes a Lexar nano card USB adapter and a plain old USB otg adapter (very cheap from ebay). Not shown is the nano sd card plugged into the Lexar card reader. Of course, you have the larger sd card so your adapter will be different. Any way to connect or transfer photos from a camera? (Sony NEX)-img_20180216_182506.jpg
    02-16-18 05:42 PM
    Meanwhile I switched to a Sony a6000 but still no connection, neither wifi nor NFC. PlayMemories doesn't work as well.
    Unfortunately the USB OTG seems to be the only possibility?

Posted via CB10 & Passport.
    11-06-18 03:24 PM
    Meanwhile I switched to a Sony a6000 but still no connection, neither wifi nor NFC. PlayMemories doesn't work as well.
    Unfortunately the USB OTG seems to be the only possibility?

NFC doesn't work? If the Sony a6000 supports NFC and wireless transfer it should be no problem. What error are you experiencing?
    11-07-18 01:40 AM
    Note that NFC is not actually used for the files transfer, it is only a handshake to start the communication through other protocols (either wifi or Bluetooth based).
    11-08-18 07:59 AM
    NFC doesn't work? If the Sony a6000 supports NFC and wireless transfer it should be no problem. What error are you experiencing?
    NFC works on both devices and sometimes I can connect them. But there is no way to transfer files from the camera via send to the Passport, neither NFC, nor WiFi.
    And Playmemories gets a connection but then there is no further access from or to the camera into the app.

Note that NFC is not actually used for the files transfer, it is only a handshake to start the communication through other protocols (either wifi or Bluetooth based).
    That's good to know, I will try again to connect with both NFC and WiFi and transfer files.

Thank you!
    11-08-18 08:32 AM
    I can connect via NFC and WiFi and Wi-Fi Direct as well. But neither "Send to Smartphone" from the Camera nor accessing the camera from Passport works.
    When I'm connected I don't have access via file manager to the camera for example.
    Also the Playmemories app doesn't allow connections/access.
    11-12-18 10:04 AM

Posted via Passport
    If you get an adapter be sure to get one with a powersource as well as master connection or downstream.. and a receipt.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-18 12:01 PM
    For USB OTG, while travelling, I use this...you'll not find anything smaller:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=oJ8wHCY6
    11-12-18 12:21 PM
    For USB OTG, while travelling, I use this...you'll not find anything smaller:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=fpoAI7tZ
    Your link comes with a trip..

Posted via CB10
    11-12-18 03:54 PM
    Your link comes with a trip..

Posted via CB10
    Trip? Have you been googling for a holiday recently...maybe that's Google analytics suggesting ads to you on ebay's site?
    Last edited by Chatbox1024; 11-12-18 at 04:32 PM.
    11-12-18 04:02 PM
    Trip? Have you been googling for a holiday recently...maybe that's Google analytics suggesting ads to you on ebay's site?
    Token changed with a repost too.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-18 08:12 PM
    Token changed with a repost too.

Posted via CB10
    That token is from the forum system I think. i.e. Because it links to ebay....and the forum has a safety redirection to ebay (instead of directly giving a ebay link). The token is a record for the forum system itself that the link was previously verified/approved by mods.

e.g. It wouldn't be great if everyone / anyone could post ebay links / ads.

If you copy the link, paste it into the browser, remove the token portion at the end, you'll notice that crackberry.com will not send your browser a redirect instruction. However, with the token, crackberry.com would then redirect you.

It's also to protect the site itself from being used for redirection by 3rd parties (e.g. sending you to a scamming site via crackberry.com)
    11-12-18 09:01 PM
    Yes the USB OTG solution works pretty well.

But my question was if meanwhile someone found a solution for wireless transfer.

11-13-18 08:14 AM
    Yes the USB OTG solution works pretty well.

But my question was if meanwhile someone found a solution for wireless transfer.

What is the interface on the camera like? Can it connect to any IP address, make one, or allow you to browse whats on the camera?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-18 07:11 PM
    You might want to consider an additional product for your travel: WD My Passport Wireless Pro

You need to backup your photos anyway...(ideally).

And then you can browse the photos on the Wireless Pro from your phone.
    11-14-18 12:43 AM
    What is the interface on the camera like? Can it connect to any IP address, make one, or allow you to browse whats on the camera?

Posted via CB10
    The camera itself provides a wifi connection which I can connect to from my BlackBerry.
    I was hoping to see the camera as a device somehow within the filemanager.
    Or when I choose 'send to smartphone' on the camera, but nothing happens.

11-15-18 07:04 AM
31 12