Hi everyone, my Q10 will expire on this Jul 20 and I am planning on getting the Passport.
    Q10 is a great device (except double-typing issue which made me replace 2 times) that I used more than12 months for the 1st time.
    What I am worried is the one-handed handling function - around 15% of the usage is one-handed.
    Anyone can give me advice, pls?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:24 AM
    I've used the Q10, Passport and Classic so for one-handed use its best if you just buy the Classic its an improved version of the Q10. Can't really use the Passport in one hand.

Posted via CB10
    letrantrung likes this.
    04-05-15 07:27 AM
    Just came from a Q10 a couple weeks ago. Certainly there is a transition period. I was never too much of a one-handed user, especially while typing. The Passport is definitely an 'upgrade' and is really in a different class. Still have and love the Q but the Passport is fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and letrantrung like this.
    04-05-15 07:32 AM
    I went from Q10 to Passport, and I love it. No, you can't use it one-handed, but the touch capacitive keyboard and the huge screen more than makes up for it. I don't think I could go back to a plain keyboard device.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    04-05-15 07:48 AM
    Long-time Q10 user here. I absolutely love that phone, always will. Luckily never had the double-typing issue, never had any problem really except that the screen just wasn't big enough for what I needed to do with it. Switched to the Passport a few days ago and zero regrets! Battery life is great, hardware quality is amazing (except the sim/sd door, which feels surprisingly cheap) and the screen.... *drools a bit* sorry, it's just so crisp and delicious! I love how much the colors and pictures pop on it! And the touch keyboard is THE best, it's like having a trackpad again. Writing/editing documents and email is sooo much easier than with the Q10.

As for one-handed use, that's hard to say. My fiance tried my phone and he has giant hands so he was able to easily hold with one hand and click links in the far corners with his thumb. But I am an avg/big woman with normal size hands and I find it still a bit challenging to type quickly on this device, compared to the Q10 (went from about 220 lpm to 170 lmp, which is a huge difference). However, I've read all around these forums that it takes quite a while to adjust to this keyboard, and once you do there is none quite like it

In any case, if the features sound like they'd serve your purposes, definitely stick with the Passport. It's a great phone!

 = ♥
    04-05-15 07:50 AM
    I've used the Q10, Passport and Classic so for one-handed use its best if you just buy the Classic its an improved version of the Q10. Can't really use the Passport in one hand.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the advice, I thought so, too.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:18 AM
    Long-time Q10 user here. I absolutely love that phone, always will. Luckily never had the double-typing issue, never had any problem really except that the screen just wasn't big enough for what I needed to do with it. Switched to the Passport a few days ago and zero regrets! Battery life is great, hardware quality is amazing (except the sim/sd door, which feels surprisingly cheap) and the screen.... *drools a bit* sorry, it's just so crisp and delicious! I love how much the colors and pictures pop on it! And the touch keyboard is THE best, it's like having a trackpad again. Writing/editing documents and email is sooo much easier than with the Q10.

As for one-handed use, that's hard to say. My fiance tried my phone and he has giant hands so he was able to easily hold with one hand and click links in the far corners with his thumb. But I am an avg/big woman with normal size hands and I find it still a bit challenging to type quickly on this device, compared to the Q10 (went from about 220 lpm to 170 lmp, which is a huge difference). However, I've read all around these forums that it takes quite a while to adjust to this keyboard, and once you do there is none quite like it

In any case, if the features sound like they'd serve your purposes, definitely stick with the Passport. It's a great phone!

 = ♥
    Thanks. It is a very detailed & convincing advice!

Posted via CB10
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    04-05-15 09:19 AM
    You will love the passport it's amazing
    04-05-15 09:07 PM
    I moved myself from Q10 three weeks ago. Passport is by no means compact, but you will get used to the size in no time. At least I did. To get used to the keyboard will require some time. You'll hit bottom corner keys in search of a Shift for a while and even more Ns instead of Ms or Xs instead of Zs (fingers tend to avoid hitting places where Shifts used to be) even longer. However, you will master it in few weeks. And you will love it.
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    04-06-15 02:15 AM
    I am on day 5 with the PP. As others I really loved my Q10. Double letter issue made me move as well. At first I was skeptical with the PP size and after weighing my options and reading reviews of the PP I decided to try it out.
    My first day with it I was like holy **** what did I just do. I'm stuck with this for 2 yrs. However by day 3/4 I really started to appreciate everything it has to offer. I am getting used to its size and it is really growing on me. No pun intended lol. I originally thought the one hand option was going to be an issue for me but really it hasn't been that bad. So far so good and am loving it.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 08:42 PM
    Also switched from Q10... took a few weeks to get used to the increased size of the keyboard for typing. But now when I try to use the old phone, it seems much to small, not to mention the screen size. For me the Passport is simply a superior phone every which way, and pretty much the best device I've ever had

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 10:31 PM
    Q10? Had 3, 7 months with passport and the Q seems like a kids toy when I hold one. Can never go back to it!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-06-15 10:44 PM
    I had the Q10 before Passport, and the while the Passport isn't good for one handed typing, I would never go back to Q10.

My mom just got a Classic today, she had a Q10 too. The Classic is a better Q10, I think it's really awesome. I feel more comfortable on my Passport now since I've had it for months, but the Classic looks and feels amazing.
    04-06-15 11:29 PM
    I had my Q10 since about one and a half year before jumping right to the Passport. I didn't want to buy it at first, had my eyes on the Classic instead and the Passport seemed too large for my tastes. However with the Classic delayed for more than two months and more and more information and videos of the Passport becoming available, I bought the larger phone instead.

As it turns out, size isn't really much of a problem at all. The phone fits on most of the pockets I put my phones in just fine, even though I have to say it shouldn't be any wider, so there isn't much space left.
    The new screen is pretty amazing and it is nice to have a bright LCD panel instead of that AMOLED panel of the Q10. The screen estate is amazing and you'll see BB10 in a way you never did before, the content displayed is simply outstanding.

Also outstanding is the battery life. Most of the time I charge my Passport only every two days, compared to Q10 and Classic which both needed daily charging. Also leaving home for work with just 60 or even 50% juice left? Almost no need to worry, the Passport usually still makes it through the day. It all depends on your usage of course! So don't blame it on me please when it works out different for you

The keyboard requires quite some getting used to. The first barrier will be the slightly different layout and especially the C, V, B and N keys will be hit wrong quite often, as does the smaller spacebar.
    Next obstacle would be the virtual part of the keyboard, I tend to avoid all kind of software related helpers like autocorrect or word suggestions and still have my own struggles with that virtual parts. Since they aren't real keys, I sometimes hit the wrong icon, the shift-key reaction is IMHO pretty lame and needs to be improved big time, not much an issue for english speaking folks, but for german language it can be very annoying.
    Getting used to the new way of entering numbers and special character might also take some time.

Once you managed to find your way around it however, it is quite a joy to use. The keys are very spacious, even with big thumbs you'll find the large keyboard comfortable. The feedback and feel of the keys are both good. I still prefer the Classic keyboard for shape of the keys, tactile feedback and the fact it had the traditional 4-row layout. But the Passport is really good too.

One-handed use is IMHO something you should simply strike from the list at all. It is way easier simply accepting this device isn't designed for that than trying to find any workarounds. Just browsing and reading stuff with the device sitting in just one hand is no problem at all, just like you would with a typical e-book reader (which usually is larger than the Passport), scrolling with the keyboard works like a charm.

My personal verdict, after owning all three phones, Q10 for the longest time, Passport and Classic for both about two to three months of daily use:
    There is no clear winner. I switched to the Classic as my daily driver in January, then switched back late March to the Passport. Both phones are IMO upgrades to the Q10. It comes down to the question how large of a phone you'd like to have. The Classic isn't compact either, it even is a tad taller than the Passport. I even dare to say if a pocketable phone is number one priority and you are happy with the Q10, you might not even want to consider updating to any of the new devices.
    The Passport has that great screen estate and the very unique appearence, which gets quite some attention. The Classic is, just like BlackBerry says, a renewed BlackBerry experience in a larger package, it's size is more manageable than the Passport, but of course the screen estate is much less - as is the battery performance, which simply cannot rival the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    04-07-15 02:26 AM
    Yup!

Q10 - 10.3.1.2708
    04-07-15 06:10 AM
    Came from Q10 about 5 months ago and still loving the Passport

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 06:37 AM
    Came from Q10 and android phones. Love my passport. Also own a iphone 6. Passport blows it away.

Best phone I have owned. Also use my Q10 for work. Passport far better.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:12 AM
    Switched to Passport two months ago from Q10. By far Passport in so many ways is a superior phone. And I thought the Q10 was a great phone.
    Do not miss Q10 at all. You will love the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 10:55 AM
    Switched to Passport two months ago from Q10. By far Passport in so many ways is a superior phone. And I thought the Q10 was a great phone.
    Do not miss Q10 at all. You will love the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Loved my Q10, but the new Passport that I got in February is by far the best smartphone I have ever had. I use it more than my tablet and laptop combined. All my emails are seen, responded to and written on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 12:16 PM
    I've been flirting with getting a Passport. Is anyone else uncomfortable when they're asked about the size of their PP? lol I shouldn't mention flirting and PP size in the same post either.... :/
    04-07-15 12:29 PM
    Just got my Passport and I love it. Been a Q10 user since it came out and loved it, but I must say the Passport is pretty great!

Loving my Passport...
    04-07-15 06:00 PM