I'm getting sick of this, non of the essential apps working normal.
    Any clues when is the release of new updates? Thanxx

Posted via CB10
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    11-11-17 03:57 PM
    Really. I have three and couldn't be happier. I think we can agree on a browser update.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-11-17 04:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    What essential apps?
    andy957 likes this.
    11-11-17 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, there is a new update called "Seriously dude, your phone's hardware is over three years old now if it upsets you that much just get a new one"

I believe you can get this update installed at almost any high street.

Posted via CB10
    anniebrasso likes this.
    11-12-17 07:05 AM
    I am an app dev (android/ios), and I was once thinking of doing something for BB10. But, you know... I couldn't invent what to do. Since every single task is perfectly done with one of native or android apps which could be freely installed from Google Play market. Thanks to Cobalt. I don't talk about banking apps or smth proprietary and specific like that. But, e.g., even missing native Telegram with opensource API is not necessary, android apk works extremely well, even with notifications in HUB.

So, indeed, which essential apps is OP talking about?..

Posted via CB10
    syclone1978 likes this.
    11-12-17 10:32 AM
    Yeah, there is a new update called "Seriously dude, your phone's hardware is over three years old now if it upsets you that much just get a new one"

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. I laughed.
    Apart from side loading android apps, I'd suggest a new phone. LSDBerry hit the nail on the head. You can't expect an older model (but still awesome) phone to use new more graphic/processor intensive apps.

Posted via CB10
    LSDBerry likes this.
    11-12-17 01:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol
    11-12-17 02:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's a three year old phone... running an OS hasn't seen any major development for just as long.

If you have an "essential" app that you need, post it and maybe we can help you figure out how to get it working. But if your waiting for updates to BB10 to make your experience better.... you'll be waiting forever.
    11-13-17 07:44 AM
    This is another case of, the OP creates thread and then.................abandons.....
    andy957 likes this.
    11-13-17 07:58 AM
    Yep. What is essential in this days is to know what you have between your hands. Obviously the passport is a unique device and you should not expect features of a mainstream one. After the latest version of software my SE is doing it very well, in fact - because I did a clean install - is better than ever. I even bought a LG G6, but I end up using it only during the weekends, it can't keep up with the Passport when it comes to work.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 08:08 AM
    So with BB10 being eol, and I’m assuming that the answer will be speculation (?), but how much longer do you think A BB10 device will be functional for just emails and texts?
    11-13-17 06:53 PM
    So with BB10 being eol, and I’m assuming that the answer will be speculation (?), but how much longer do you think A BB10 device will be functional for just emails and texts?
    Probably for a long time. These things don't change much.
    11-13-17 06:56 PM
    Probably for a long time. These things don't change much.
    Good to know. I just can’t seem to get away from BB10 and thinking about getting (as a spare) a PPSE or a z30. Again, just for emails for the most part.
    11-13-17 07:00 PM
    Good to know. I just can’t seem to get away from BB10 and thinking about getting (as a spare) a PPSE or a z30. Again, just for emails for the most part.
    I'd wait and see if they update for KRACK... if not, then not sure how wise it would be, even if it is functional.
    11-14-17 08:14 AM
    Maybe a new case?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-14-17 08:29 AM
    Probably until 4G networks are shut down in order to free up bandwidth for 6G and 7G networks. So you’re good for, undereducated guess, maybe 10-15 years, assuming the hardware lasts.
    11-14-17 01:41 PM
    Probably until 4G networks are shut down in order to free up bandwidth for 6G and 7G networks. So you’re good for, undereducated guess, maybe 10-15 years, assuming the hardware lasts.
    What's that I read? Something about BB10 and 6G and 7G. Future? There's hope????

And that's how the crazy rumor misinformation threads get started...

LOL.......
    11-14-17 04:29 PM
    What's that I read? Something about BB10 and 6G and 7G. Future? There's hope????

And that's how the crazy rumor misinformation threads get started...

LOL.......
    It’s called reading between the lines or reading and making of it what you WANT it to be. Lmao
    11-14-17 04:41 PM
    I want a Passport equipment Nougat and all of the latest hardware. Let' make it happen BBM! Love the size of the Passport screen and the keyboard, plus all that goes with the Passport. Just need BBM to bring out a new version with Android on it.
    11-14-17 07:57 PM
    I want a Passport equipment Nougat and all of the latest hardware. Let' make it happen BBM! Love the size of the Passport screen and the keyboard, plus all that goes with the Passport. Just need BBM to bring out a new version with Android on it.
    You are aware that the Passport does not have a permitted screen ratio for Android? So, it can't go any farther than that. Game over.
    falbo likes this.
    11-14-17 09:01 PM
    Conite, I've been trying to decide whether to get a Passport or Classic to replace my aging Q10. AFAIK most of the apps I actually use are fairly old ones but I've never heard anything about the screen on the Passport being incompatible with android. Do you mean android apps may not run properly or was this referring to the OP idea of changing the OS of the device itself to run android? I'd originally been under the misconception that the Z30 was similar to Passport as far as CPU & display, then found out that the Z30 is a fair bit lower res & seems to be a slightly slower CPU. Since both have a square display, would I be safe in thinking that any of the apps I currently use on my Q10 are likely to work on the Passport? From what I read it sounded like most users would say that the better display would make a pretty noticeable difference and the faster processor will be snapper than the performance I'm used to on the Q10. Or am I missing something that would make it easier to just get a Classic, knowing in advance that all I really gain is the extra half inch in screen size plus the tool belt that I would enjoy? I already know that I'm giving up the easy to replace battery & keep the same slower cpu compared to psp or Z30. I need to come to a decision soon, as I keep getting new problems with my 4 year old Q10 that I can't ignore any longer. Thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-15-17 06:36 AM
    Conite, I've been trying to decide whether to get a Passport or Classic to replace my aging Q10. AFAIK most of the apps I actually use are fairly old ones but I've never heard anything about the screen on the Passport being incompatible with android. Do you mean android apps may not run properly or was this referring to the OP idea of changing the OS of the device itself to run android? I'd originally been under the misconception that the Z30 was similar to Passport as far as CPU & display, then found out that the Z30 is a fair bit lower res & seems to be a slightly slower CPU. Since both have a square display, would I be safe in thinking that any of the apps I currently use on my Q10 are likely to work on the Passport? From what I read it sounded like most users would say that the better display would make a pretty noticeable difference and the faster processor will be snapper than the performance I'm used to on the Q10. Or am I missing something that would make it easier to just get a Classic, knowing in advance that all I really gain is the extra half inch in screen size plus the tool belt that I would enjoy? I already know that I'm giving up the easy to replace battery & keep the same slower cpu compared to psp or Z30. I need to come to a decision soon, as I keep getting new problems with my 4 year old Q10 that I can't ignore any longer. Thanks!

I believe the reply was regarding to changing the OS to Android.

Moving from Q10 to Classic wasn't a problem for me regarding apps, I think all were compatible at time. When I switched from Classic to Passport, some apps were not available. You could search the various app stores and see "not available for device" message instead of download button. I never bothered to find out why.
    11-15-17 06:58 AM
    I believe the reply was regarding to changing the OS to Android.
    This ^

All BB10 pkb devices have a 1:1 screen ratio. Passport blows all others out of the water though, and is a no-brainer unless you don't like the form-factor.

But the Passport still uses the same software, so it won't "fix" anything.
    Last edited by conite; 11-15-17 at 10:51 AM.
    11-15-17 07:56 AM
    I need to come to a decision soon, as I keep getting new problems with my 4 year old Q10 that I can't ignore any longer. Thanks!

My $.02.... keep waiting and see if they patch KRACK, or your wasting your money on either, unless you don't use Wi-Fi.
    11-15-17 10:19 AM
    The aspect ratio issue has been done to death here, 1:1 can't happen, so it's got to be 3:2 or something like that. The CPU on the Passport is too old to be relevant for Nougat too, it must be changed too, maybe a SD625. Slap a normal keyboard onto that and it should start to look mighty familiar.
    11-15-17 10:27 AM
49 12