The amazon app store is almost useless for the passport. Many of the popular apps don't appear in amazon. If you have a passport you must have the Snap app store.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:21 AM
    Might be worth noting op is about apps like Netflix, right?
    10-11-14 11:26 AM
    Do you mean apps that are on the Amazon app store for other phones or apps that are just not in the Amazon app store?

If they are apps that use Google Play services, they will probably not be in the Appstore, as the BlackBerry phones do not support the Google Play services.
    10-11-14 11:26 AM
    Do you mean apps that are on the Amazon app store for other phones
    I think this is what the op talking about
    10-11-14 11:29 AM
    Netflix works for me. I had downloaded it on a Z30, so it showed in my apps in the Amazon app store under cloud.

As a work around, I wonder if you can buy or select the apps via a PC and then have them show up in your apps on the phone's appStore?
    10-11-14 11:31 AM
    Yes. Missing apps like Netflix and even Amazon's kindle and audible apps aren't there.

I'm hoping it's just early adopter pains. It would be nice to get some clarification.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-11-14 11:39 AM
    Yes. Missing apps like Netflix and even Amazon's kindle and audible apps aren't there.

I'm hoping it's just early adopter pains. It would be nice to get some clarification.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    As per the other thread, they are specifically blacklisted on the BlackBerry Passport, either by BlackBerry or the developers.

Seems they don't want any flack for "offically" supported apps not being fully functional - instagram notifications for example.

Amazon has always been screwing us though, from the PlayBook launch, to the Kindle fire theft, Amazon app store not being native (if snap/google play can be done by an independent developers, I'm not giving BlackBerry or Amazon any excuses as to why the Amazon app store is an android app) BBM not available on the fire phone or kindle tablets etc.
    10-11-14 11:50 AM
    As per the other thread, they are specifically blacklisted on the BlackBerry Passport, either by BlackBerry or the developers.
    I will see if it is just to the passport or all BB10 devices. I was able to add apps via the web site, but they do not show in my Passport. I have a Z10 I will check and see it they are there.

For Kindle, I think I put it on my son's Z30 just using the apk file. His high school is using some kindle books for some of the courses. Nothing fancy, just a few novels so far.
    10-11-14 11:54 AM
    I have kindle on my Z30 but it was installed from BlackBerry World.
    I could not find it on Amazon for the blackberry passport.

Where can you find snap to download it?

I was looking forward to downloading some useful android apps like juiceSSH for X11 forwarding and Openoffice which I use a lot in linux on my laptop but I am very disappointed.

I find that all the android apps require access to my files, device id, location. No way!
    I wanted to install Openoffice writer and draw but they require registration!?

I find all android apps useless because you have to give up control of your devices and personal data to shady apps programmers.

Posted via CB10
    Gerii likes this.
    10-11-14 12:06 PM
    The two apps I bought (free) via the Amazon web site did show on the Z10 in the my apps cloud section of the Amazon appStore app.

It seems some of these apps are being blocked for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:07 PM
    I have kindle on my Z30 but it was installed from BlackBerry World.
    I could not find it on Amazon for the blackberry passport.

Where can you find snap to download it?

I was looking forward to downloading some useful android apps like juiceSSH for X11 forwarding and Openoffice which I use a lot in linux on my laptop but I am very disappointed.

I find that all the android apps require access to my files, device id, location. No way!
    I wanted to install Openoffice writer and draw but they require registration!?

I find all android apps useless because you have to give up control of your devices and personal data to shady apps programmers.

Posted via CB10
    https://mega.co.nz/#!qJ1U3Y4Z!BE9ZSt...IOyMoMRUQhjU9k

Use this to set android app permissions

This feature is only available on Android 4.3
    10-11-14 12:19 PM
    Google Maps still not available but if you use snap its there
    10-11-14 01:24 PM
    Some apps were visible on the Passport , but seem to be slowly taken off. I never saw Netflix, or HBO Go, but the Time Warner App used to show up, and now it doesn't. Hmm

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-11-14 04:33 PM