I have been a proud owner of the BlackBerry Passport since November 2014. I'm in the market for another one since mine is pretty beat up. The wear and tear is absolutely visible and I have dropped it a number of times. (have had a cracked screen since last September) Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this phone so I'm not even considering buying anything else than a Passport. I now see the Passport Silver Edition and it looks quite nice. What are the differences compared to the 'regular' Passport? Pros and cons?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 07:08 AM
    I have both original passport and also ordered and received SE yesterday
    The biggest difference is the keyboard apart from looks
    I think black doesn't look that bad as seen in photos.
    The SE keyboard is awesome, but the one which I received from BlackBerry store has got screenlift issue. So am returning it back

I am happy to keep my black passport and I don't think it's gonna get screen lift issue from the way it is built.
    However I wish it had keyboard like SE

I didn't see any signal strength difference between both passports.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    04-22-16 07:20 AM
    This is day 4 with my PP SE, never had a blackberry before; it's a great phone, the design is really classy and will stand the test of time.
    04-22-16 12:48 PM
    I have both Silver Edition and Black Passport. Both are great devices. Silver Edition is way better in terms of fit and finish. Performance wise both are same.
    I have dropped my Silver Edition device many times but thanks to Stilgut Flip case that the device is scratch free.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    04-22-16 12:59 PM
    There are slight differences in the dimensions of the SE. So, accessories for earlier Passports may not fit. I purchased a PDAir sleeve for my SE because the feel of the metallic naked device is wonderful.

Like the Q10, the SE has a metal frame completely around the edge of the device. This should make it stronger.

Recommended.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 01:10 PM
    I use BlackBerry Passport SE and Iphone5s. I can't compare PP to Iphone. PP doesn't work in function that we have to use in ordinary life. But you know, I love to use my PP in anyway. I love it so much. It makes me read more Kindle and more Articles. It make me love typing on its soft keyboard. Enjoy you Passport

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 09:48 PM
    Never held an original passport but is the SE not heavier? I moved from the Z30 to SE and that was the biggest first impression, the weight!
    Dropped a few times now and my nephew loves to run about with it as a torch and it's still looking great and working lovely

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 09:57 PM
    I have both the black and the SE passport.. I like the look of the Black Passport better, I like the four sharp corners instead of the two rounded bottom corners that the SE has, however the SE keyboard is far superior in terms of feel and responsiveness. The keyboard alone would be worth the switch to SE (personal opinion).

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 11:01 PM
    The AT&T Black comes with the SE keyboard. The reason I'd lean towards AT&T Black is 0% APR and integration with the phone bill.
    04-23-16 04:38 AM
    I own both....black and SE. Like everyone else, I like the looks and keyboard of the SE over the black. I have had the black for 16 months and love it.

The reason for the silver. Shopblackberry had a special and I bought it as a spare. I could not survive without my passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 09:50 AM
    Since it was cheaper, I bought the original one again.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 07:46 PM
    I have both the black and the SE passport.. I like the look of the Black Passport better, I like the four sharp corners instead of the two rounded bottom corners that the SE has, however the SE keyboard is far superior in terms of feel and responsiveness. The keyboard alone would be worth the switch to SE (personal opinion).

Posted via CB10
    I prefer the original black Passport's keyboard. I feel like it has slightly more feedback since you require just a fraction more force to depress each key; also the frets just look better on the black version!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:17 AM
    Is it worth it?
    djchrisluna likes this.
    07-06-16 05:34 PM
    Every person is different. For me, my Passport SE is my main device. I carry it everywhere and use it whenever I can (I read the news and articles compulsively). I'm happy, very happy with OS10 and have used the OS since its launch.

OTOH, I'm not worried about games and have no FOMO. YMMV.
    Last edited by StoicEngineer; 07-06-16 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Said OP, meant OS
    07-06-16 06:12 PM
    With all the reviews and feedbacks here in this thread, I am more likely to get this Passport device. I love the round corners of the SE. But I love the BB Keyboards in general.
    07-06-16 09:56 PM