So i am on the phone with AT&T tonight,
    Let me start from the beginning, I just purchased a sparkling new Blackberry Passport. Thing is mint.
    Got it today.
    Couple of days ago purchased a Mint Mobile, buy 3 months get 3 months free, figuring as a GSM and running on T-Mobile
    that this Passport would work with Mint Mobile. (wasn't able to verify compatibility on their website, tried 3 different times, website gave no answer, (hourglassed)
    Turns out it's not compatible and now the Mint Mobile website works and it tells me: not compatible, yet the Blackberry Priv IS compatible with Mint oddly enough according to the Mint website but not the Passport.. Anyone have a Passport working on Mint Mobile here in December 2021?

So I go to AT&T's website and see they have some decent pre-pay deals, get a rep on the phone
    He confirms the Blackberry Passport is compatible, I just need a sim and a plan. Almost purchased an annual plan 25 a month with unlimited talk and text and 8 gigs, as this Blackberry is essentially a 2nd phone, won't use data much. I hold off and do some more research
    I see that AT & T has a list of all supported devices moving into 2022 .. under BLackberry: they list The Keyone and Priv as the only Blackberry phones that will work when they phase out 3g in February 2022.

So, I guess the rep was unaware of this. Does this mean the Blackberry Passport won't work at all after Feb 2022?

Does anyone know how to keep using a Blackberry Passport as mostly a text and talk phone after February 2022, will text and talk work on AT&T?
    Will data work on 4g?

I really like this phone and want to use it, just need to know what carrier will allow it?
    Unreal Mobile-customer service available till 5pm-will check them tomorrow-nothing on their website to check compatibility
    So
    Any thoughts or info would be appreciated
    12-06-21 08:35 PM
    Let me start from the beginning, I just purchased a sparkling new Blackberry Passport. Thing is mint.
    Got it today.
    Couple of days ago purchased a Mint Mobile, buy 3 months get 3 months free, figuring as a GSM and running on T-Mobile
    that this Passport would work with Mint Mobile. (wasn't able to verify compatibility on their website, tried 3 different times, website gave no answer, (hourglassed)
    Turns out it's not compatible and now the Mint Mobile website works and it tells me: not compatible, yet the Blackberry Priv IS compatible with Mint oddly enough according to the Mint website but not the Passport.. Anyone have a Passport working on Mint Mobile here in December 2021?

So I go to AT&T's website and see they have some decent pre-pay deals, get a rep on the phone
    He confirms the Blackberry Passport is compatible, I just need a sim and a plan. Almost purchased an annual plan 25 a month with unlimited talk and text and 8 gigs, as this Blackberry is essentially a 2nd phone, won't use data much. I hold off and do some more research
    I see that AT & T has a list of all supported devices moving into 2022 .. under BLackberry: they list The Keyone and Priv as the only Blackberry phones that will work when they phase out 3g in February 2022.

So, I guess the rep was unaware of this. Does this mean the Blackberry Passport won't work at all after Feb 2022?

Does anyone know how to keep using a Blackberry Passport as mostly a text and talk phone after February 2022, will text and talk work on AT&T?
    Will data work on 4g?

I really like this phone and want to use it, just need to know what carrier will allow it?
    Unreal Mobile-customer service available till 5pm-will check them tomorrow-nothing on their website to check compatibility
    So
    BB10 devices won't work when 3G gets turned off next year, and carriers won't typically activate such devices today.
    12-06-21 09:23 PM
    BB10 devices won't work when 3G gets turned off next year, and carriers won't typically activate such devices today.

Okay, found this PDF on AT&T's website today,

So The Key1 and Priv are Android OS, not BB 10 OS ..

I don't understand to what degree the Passport won't work
    Attached Thumbnails Any Service Providers for Blackberry Passport moving forward 2022-attdev.png  
    12-06-21 11:03 PM
    This past Friday I activated my brand new Unihertz Titan with T-Mobile. I switched service from my Q10 which has been my only phone for about 6 - 7 years. I had been using AT&T until late summer and when they started hijacking my calls once a month and would not release the use of my phone back to me until I endured about a 10 minute presentation. I went to T-Mobile and got a prepaid plan with NO problems. If you go to T-Mobile's site online you can simply enter your IMEI number and they will tell you in a second whether they can provide your phone with service.
    Over the weekend I decided I wanted to use my Q10 for one more month together with my Unihertz Titan so I went back to T-Mobile, Sunday the 5th of December ... the day before yesterday and T-Mobile gave me a new phone number, a new SIM card and put me back on a prepaid plan. I will see what happens on January 4th, 2022 but I am using my new Titan and loving it. All those 7 years on AT&T and T- Mobile I only used my Q10 for talk, text, taking and sending pictures. I went with a different plan when I activated my Titan and it has unlimited data etc.
    12-06-21 11:17 PM
    This past Friday I activated my brand new Unihertz Titan with T-Mobile. I switched service from my Q10 which has been my only phone for about 6 - 7 years. I had been using AT&T until late summer and when they started hijacking my calls once a month and would not release the use of my phone back to me until I endured about a 10 minute presentation. I went to T-Mobile and got a prepaid plan with NO problems. If you go to T-Mobile's site online you can simply enter your IMEI number and they will tell you in a second whether they can provide your phone with service.
    Over the weekend I decided I wanted to use my Q10 for one more month together with my Unihertz Titan so I went back to T-Mobile, Sunday the 5th of December ... the day before yesterday and T-Mobile gave me a new phone number, a new SIM card and put me back on a prepaid plan. I will see what happens on January 4th, 2022 but I am using my new Titan and loving it. All those 7 years on AT&T and T- Mobile I only used my Q10 for talk, text, taking and sending pictures. I went with a different plan when I activated my Titan and it has unlimited data etc.
    My Titan does not allow me to make calls anymore.
    Message shows "Call can't be placed by T-Mobile. Try using a different call redirecting app or contacting the developer for help.)
    What is your preferred network type? (Phone info *#*#4636#*#*)

Posted via CB10
    12-07-21 12:23 AM
    I don't understand your question, "What is your preferred network type?"
    I bought my Titan from Amazon and it came brand new, out of the box, with Android 10. My phone is still 100% just as Unihertz made it and I haven't downloaded any apps or deleted any apps. It is bone stock. I am using my first Android phone EVER. I never even borrowed one and used it. I am still struggling to install BlackBerry Link on the Q10 and figure out how to transfer all my pictures and contacts to my computer! That was primarily why I re-activated my Q10 because the BlackBerry Link kept notifying me that it needed a BlackBerry device and not just my email address and name. I had hooked the Q10 to my laptop with a USB cable but apparently I need to actually have phone service.
    I also figured if my BlackBerry Link experiment failed, I could simply text all my pictures to the Titan and enter all my contacts by hand just like the Pilgrims undoubtedly did.
    We're up all night so I'll try to be whatever help I can. If you need to know anything about Yamaha XS650s, Chevrolet Corvairs or floor covering installations ... I know more about those.
    12-07-21 01:26 AM
    My Titan does not allow me to make calls anymore.
    Message shows "Call can't be placed by T-Mobile. Try using a different call redirecting app or contacting the developer for help.)
    What is your preferred network type? (Phone info *#*#4636#*#*)

Posted via CB10
    The phone seems to have the wrong APN check the APN and confirm what is listed. I have one on T Mobile with all updates and apps and it works fine with no issues.

Here is a fix/check:

Turn on developer mode.
    go to phone input from keyboard/touch tone pad> *#*#34635280#*#*
    Select telephony
    Select IMS
    Select SIM1: Primary
    Select Common
    Select VoLTE_Operator_TMOUS (scroll to bottom to hit set)
    Go back to Common screen
    Select User Agent
    Make sure the code is: T-Mobile VoLTE-RCS-ePDG-IR94-RTT-ussd MTK/2 (hit set)
    Power phone off wait 2 minutes for cell tower to clear old info, then turn back on.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-07-21 04:27 PM
    Got it today.

Will data work on 4g?

So
    T mobile will support the Passport for a few more weeks, than the lights get turned off. Firm date is not set in stone, I still you my Passport from time to time, coverage is starting to get spotty so the end is near.
    12-07-21 04:29 PM
    [QUOTE=SteinwayTransitCorp;13608986]The phone seems to have the wrong APN check the APN and confirm what is listed. I have one on T Mobile with all updates and apps and it works fine with no issues.

Here is a fix/check:

Turn on developer mode.
    go to phone input from keyboard/touch tone pad> *#*#34635280#*#*
    Select telephony
    Select IMS
    Select SIM1: Primary
    Select Common
    Select VoLTE_Operator_TMOUS (scroll to bottom to hit set)
    Go back to Common screen
    Select User Agent
    Make sure the code is: T-Mobile VoLTE-RCS-ePDG-IR94-RTT-ussd MTK/2 (hit set)
    Power phone off wait 2 minutes for cell tower to clear old info, then turn back on.

The settings are the same now and still no calls going out.
    I'm waiting for a new SIM from TMOBILE.
    Yesterday the home key stopped working. Later after listening music through bluetooth ... the speaker also stopped working. I was really liking the Titan.
    Last edited by miguelags; 12-10-21 at 05:51 PM.
    12-07-21 07:18 PM
    My BlackBerry Passport works perfectly and for the past few weeks, I've been able to watch livestreams on YouTube !

Posted via CB10
    12-08-21 07:51 PM
    The settings are the same now as Steinway TransitCorp suggested and still no calls going out.
    I'm waiting for a new SIM from TMOBILE.
    Yesterday the home key stopped working. Later after listening music through bluetooth ... the speaker also stopped working. I was really liking the Titan.

Posted via CB10
    boogywstew likes this.
    12-10-21 06:49 PM
    I'm using my Titan Pocket with Mint... Great phone, great carrier, and a perfectly legitimate path forward for Blackberry fans.

Its been a good run but don't expect BB10 devices to have any phone functionality soon.
    12-25-21 08:03 PM
    I'm using my Titan Pocket... a perfectly legitimate path forward for Blackberry fans.
    Assuming those BlackBerry fans aren't security conscious - which isn't really in character.
    dmlis likes this.
    12-25-21 08:51 PM
    Got it today.

Will data work on 4g?

So
    I have AT&T I tried to put my BlackBerry passport silver edition and the black edition I tried to insert my Sims card it locked my Sims cards AT&T told me that they were discontinuing services for those devices are no longer compatible this was like five months ago
    12-29-21 04:35 AM
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...&post=40522511

Blackberry was quite involved and served a great purpose for a long time. Then came the new regime which K-Cups in the management and a distinct Chinese influence. With that Blackberry began to publicly punish their actual loyal customer base by supercilious behavior and ignoring the customers want. They walked away from handset production and purchased security company so they could resell that on the open market and try to save the company. So far their doors are still open. But they will take with them some of the best of there prior inventions because they seek only to make money on patent infringement lawsuits. What we could do in exchange would be to open source many of those things so that others with less backing quick try to keep the physical keyboard movement alive. But they won't do that
    12-31-21 09:59 AM
    Got it today.

Will data work on 4g?

So
    It's old news, prayers and key1 and key2 and for that matter all blackberries are not listed as compatible and will not work at all we're sending Network according to 18t and blackberry. So turn your back on that.
    12-31-21 10:01 AM
    With that Blackberry began to publicly punish their actual loyal customer base by supercilious behavior and ignoring the customers want.
    What BlackBerry customers wanted wasn't competitive in the greater market.

They walked away from handset production and purchased security company so they could resell that on the open market and try to save the company.
    Shame on them for only losing 5-10 $billion on handsets.

So far their doors are still open.
    Which is a monumental feat in itself.

But they will take with them some of the best of there prior inventions because they seek only to make money on patent infringement lawsuits.
    They are selling non-core IP while it is still worth something. The deal is supposed to be firmed up in January - after having been delayed by up to 6 months.

What we could do in exchange would be to open source many of those things so that others with less backing quick try to keep the physical keyboard movement alive. But they won't do that
    Because no one is asking for it, there is nothing in it for BlackBerry, and some of it is still being used by their core IoT business.
    Last edited by conite; 12-31-21 at 12:13 PM.
    12-31-21 10:05 AM
    Are you sure no-one is asking? Are they pricing small efforts out? Did theyqueer OM!? Did they try to screw Unihertz?
    12-31-21 11:55 AM
    Are you sure no-one is asking?
    Where have you seen a real grassroots call to arms outside of a small number of folks on CrackBerry throwing it out there every now and then?
    12-31-21 12:14 PM
    Okay, found this PDF on AT&T's website today,

So The Key1 and Priv are Android OS, not BB 10 OS ..

I don't understand to what degree the Passport won't work
    These are only the AT&T versions that are supported to be specific.

AT&T won't support anything older since no supported VoLTE compatibility even on the AT&T Passport version.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-31-21 04:04 PM
    I am wondering if Passport will continue solid WiFi connectivity. I would like to put my Titan in the drawer, and use Passport for me work. If not, why not?

Occasional calls can be via my free Phonepower.com SIP client For my VOIP to which I subscribe. I will carry another 5G phone and use Passport as a mini-tablet. thoughts?

Maybe Unihertz will front a Titan II 5G sleeker and updated with some PKB improvements.
    01-05-22 09:45 AM
    I had a Passport on Mint Mobile. The plan expired last month and I haven't done anything about renewing it - didn't know if it would be a good idea. It was an extra phone.
    01-18-22 05:45 PM
    I had a Passport on Mint Mobile. The plan expired last month and I haven't done anything about renewing it - didn't know if it would be a good idea. It was an extra phone.
    If it was the AT&T version, Mint might keep supporting it till 3g is shut off... but if you didn't really need it.

I'd put it on eBay and get something out of it... while you can.
    01-19-22 08:11 AM
    01-19-22 09:10 AM
    Crazy what they're asking for it!
    Well there is what sellers are asking, and then there is what buyers are paying....

And really to sell it, you should wipe it and see if yours can get past the setup phase, or it's only worth it's parts now. You might end up shipping it, to be contacted by eBay and the seller about a return at your cost.
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-19-22 09:16 AM
51 123