Considering manually upgrading my SE Passport to this build since for some reason BlackBerry hasn't released it for this device only.

Have any SE Passport Users done this? Noticed any issues? Seen any advantages?

Thanks,
    BRJ

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:49 AM
    I'd be interested in hearing other Passport SE owners that have manually updated as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:00 AM
    I didn't have do that update manually, but got it pushed via OTA. I can't tell you any differences though, since I updated the device right after unboxing. So far I have no troubles with that OS. As of now the device is still running on its initial final boot sequence, which was Sep 10th. So that's more than fourteen days of rockstable operation without a reboot.

Compared to my original black Passport though, I get the impression battery life is worse now. The black one usually kept going straight for a total of 36-48 hours, the SE rather gets 32-40 hours. However that original Passport was running 10.3.1, so I can't compare those devices side-by-side.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 08:32 AM
    I have to believe that there is a reason that this has not been released to us (SE owners). I am waiting until the OTA comes out. Also when I plug in to Link it says I have an upgrade (357 mb) but it is to the same rev of software that is currently on the phone. I then ok the upgrade and it downloads gets to 2% in the install on the phone and then fails by just disappearing on the phone and on Link (I have deleted and reinstalled a new copy of Link and this behaviour is the the same and then I tried it on a PC (I am on Mac) and it did the same sort of failure). Me thinks something is up with the SE and the upgrade.
    09-26-15 10:17 AM
    I have to believe that there is a reason that this has not been released to us (SE owners). I am waiting until the OTA comes out. Also when I plug in to Link it says I have an upgrade (357 mb) but it is to the same rev of software that is currently on the phone. I then ok the upgrade and it downloads gets to 2% in the install on the phone and then fails by just disappearing on the phone and on Link (I have deleted and reinstalled a new copy of Link and this behaviour is the the same and then I tried it on a PC (I am on Mac) and it did the same sort of failure). Me thinks something is up with the SE and the upgrade.
    I got the same notice when I plugged the phone in with link. I went ahead with the update anyways and was able to complete it successfully.
    Attachment 373150
    09-26-15 11:09 AM
    I got the same notice when I plugged the phone in with link. I went ahead with the update anyways and was able to complete it successfully.
    Attachment 373150
    Same here. I was offered an "upgrade" to. 2226, and I already had that build. I was able to do it successfully. No differences noticed. My PP is running perfectly, so I guess I won't upgrade manually, lest something break.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 12:25 PM
    I didn't have do that update manually, but got it pushed via OTA. I can't tell you any differences though, since I updated the device right after unboxing. So far I have no troubles with that OS. As of now the device is still running on its initial final boot sequence, which was Sep 10th. So that's more than fourteen days of rockstable operation without a reboot.

Compared to my original black Passport though, I get the impression battery life is worse now. The black one usually kept going straight for a total of 36-48 hours, the SE rather gets 32-40 hours. However that original Passport was running 10.3.1, so I can't compare those devices side-by-side.

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying you have a SE PP and you were pushed OS. 2474? I highly doubt you're right. I bet you were pushed. 2229 (probably same build number as what you had). If you were pushed. 2474, we'd really like to hear about UT, because you're the only one on early with a SE PP that got it.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 12:26 PM
    Are you saying you have a SE PP and you were pushed OS. 2474? I highly doubt you're right. I bet you were pushed. 2229 (probably same build number as what you had). If you were pushed. 2474, we'd really like to hear about UT, because you're the only one on early with a SE PP that got it.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's what I am saying. I got an update notification right during the initial device setup. Since I haven't looked into manually installing software updates for BB10 yet, be it Sachesi or whatever, I for sure could not have gotten that version anywhere else than via OTA.
    Any SE Passport Users Manually Load 10.3.2.2474 - Issues? Improvements?-img_20150926_234321.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:46 PM
    Yeah that's what I am saying. I got an update notification right during the initial device setup. Since I haven't looked into manually installing software updates for BB10 yet, be it Sachesi or whatever, I for sure could not have gotten that version anywhere else than via OTA.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150926_234321.jpg 
Views:	1184 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	373226

Posted via CB10
    That's really weird. There's a whole thread on how the SE isn't getting it. Maybe it's starting. Nothing here in NYC. Where are you? Who is your carrier? From whom did you buy the phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 08:30 PM
    Maybe it's related to the fact I am located in Germany. Virtually all BB10 devices already received that update OTA around here, while I heard it comes up pretty slowly over there in North America. Carrier is o2 DE and I bought the device from ShopBB.

Posted via CB10
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-26-15 09:03 PM
    Maybe it's related to the fact I am located in Germany. Virtually all BB10 devices already received that update OTA around here, while I heard it comes up pretty slowly over there in North America. Carrier is o2 DE and I bought the device from ShopBB.

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't effect the SE Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 12:41 AM
    I got the update on my OG Passport, overall seems smoother, but on the downside, battery life seems to have reduced, I can still go a day or longer, but some days I don't last till the evening. Hasn't ever been an issue before.
    09-29-15 08:48 AM
    I got the update on my OG Passport, overall seems smoother, but on the downside, battery life seems to have reduced, I can still go a day or longer, but some days I don't last till the evening. Hasn't ever been an issue before.
    Glad I am not alone with that impression.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 11:24 AM
    Battery performance on my Passport OG seems good as previous versions.

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    09-29-15 11:38 AM
    I have a regular Passport on the Rogers network here in Canada and got this update pushed to me. Haven't noticed any difference yet.

 Passport via CB10
    09-29-15 01:11 PM
    Just got the OTA 10.3.2.2474 in US. NYC SE on ATT. Downloaded and Rebooting now. 36 meg download.
    10-01-15 11:29 AM
    Got it OTA this morning in California. No obvious differences yet.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    10-01-15 11:50 AM
    Got it OTA last Thursday on my SE PP. Finally BlackBerry figured out that they forgot to include the SE model in the release! Or they figured out what was broken.

Either way, I see no differences...lol

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:23 AM
    I installed the update and my battery life has gone in the toilet. Usually after a heavy day of use I still would have about 30% life at the end of the day. The day after I did the update, I took it out of the charger in the morning, left it for a round of golf and after 5 hours of no use it was dead. I see in other forums that this can happen after an update. It's been a few days now and I'm getting very annoyed at the drainage. To add to that I'm finding other things are not functioning correctly. This is very disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 07:17 AM
    Update to my situation is I took out my SD card and the issues are all resolved.

Posted via CB10
    ErnieH likes this.
    10-05-15 11:45 AM
    You can't really tell the impact on the battery life within the first 2 days, you have to allow the OS to settle. I think after about 4 days get a bit more consistency when I monitor my battery consumption

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 05:58 PM
    The update went fine for me. In fact this update makes the android apps run more smoothly. As a consequence, my battery life is not only more consistent, but it seems to last a bit longer as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:15 PM
    I got 2474 pushed OTA to my SE last weekend.
    Running smooth and no problems at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 08:07 PM
    It was pushed Ota to me and now my keyboard doesn't light up when typing in the dark. Although based on at least the picture above I can see that is not the case with everyone's passport so I will probably be reloading the os

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    10-05-15 08:16 PM
    Just got my update a few minutes ago here in the Durham North Carolina on my SE Passport at&t.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 09:54 AM