10-21-17 04:37 AM
31 12
tools
    How is it in an armband when running?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 12:52 PM
    How is it in an armband when running?
    Big, I'd say haha

I actually run with it just in my hand. It's fine. At least I know it won't go flat mid-way through a long run, and the speakers are great if you want to crank out some music for all to hear.
    10-27-14 01:40 PM
    I've never used and armnband for any of my devices, and I think this would be very unconfortable to use in an armband.
    10-27-14 04:08 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:06 PM
    I tried running with my Passport but found it too big for my liking. So when I run that is the only time my Q10 gets powered up again.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:21 PM
    I tried running with my Passport but found it too big for my liking. So when I run that is the only time my Q10 gets powered up again.

Posted via CB10
    I was expecting something along these lines.

Thanks.

I have requirements when I buy a phone so this is a deal-breaker. Waiting for the next flagship all touch.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:38 PM
    Just to clarify, I found the Passport too big to clutch in my hand comfortably during a long run - I never tried it with an arm band.
    11-06-14 09:45 PM
    Lol seriously? If you have the money to buy a passport, then you have the money for a little clip mp3 player and a Gps watch. Don't look like a fool running with a Passport. Anyone who would do that obviously isn't much of an athlete or isn't serious about fitness

Powered by Z10
    11-06-14 09:47 PM
    I use a running belt. It's much better than an armband.

Amazon.com : Airflow Endurance Pack BLACK : Running Waist Packs : Sports & Outdoors

This is what I have. It's the best running accessories you can purchase if you're an avid runner. It can fit a note 4 or passport. It fits snuggly and it doesn't move at all when you run. I don't even notice I'm wearing it most of the time. I average 20-25 miles a week and I use it all the time. Go out and buy it, you'll thank me later.
    11-06-14 10:43 PM
    I use my Sporran, which is basically a front-mounted fanny pack that one normally wears with a kilt, along with my bluetooth headset.

Sport Sporran | SportKilt.com

Works great. I'm an avid runner and in addition to my "fun runs" do 5 and 10k competitive events.
    11-06-14 11:05 PM
    Lol seriously? If you have the money to buy a passport, then you have the money for a little clip mp3 player and a Gps watch. Don't look like a fool running with a Passport. Anyone who would do that obviously isn't much of an athlete or isn't serious about fitness

Powered by Z10
    I don't buy multiple devices that duplicate functionality on principal. Money is not the issue.

And my current device is sufficient for my requirements.

A typical good week for me is running 3-5 miles twice. 3 days of heavy weights. And one day of sport like basketball for 90 minutes. One day of rest.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:50 PM
    I don't buy multiple devices that duplicate functionality on principal. Money is not the issue.

And my current device is sufficient for my requirements.

A typical good week for me is running 3-5 miles twice. 3 days of heavy weights. And one day of sport like basketball for 90 minutes. One day of rest.

Posted via CB10
    Duplication is okay when the goal is to make something nearly perfect for a given application. A $20 MP3 player will have enough battery for most peoples work out time and hold plenty of music for them. No item in the consumer product universe is universally good at everything.

You probably have a laptop which can email, play movies, play TV shows, text, make video calls and voice calls. I bet you still have a TV in your house because it is better at watching TV than a laptop. Laptop can also play music. You also have a phone that can do the same things. You also probably have a bedside alarm clock. You probably have a calculator. You probably also have a clock.

Your arbitrary rule about not having a device that duplicates functionality is arbitrary.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    11-10-14 02:27 PM
    I duct-tape it securely in place...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:37 PM
    I hope you lift. This phone would look ridiculous on an armband.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-14 02:51 PM
    Most people would like to have their smartphone while they are running. In fact, that's one of the best times to have your smartphone. Many people are on-call in some way during their off hours and need to have their phone on them. The Passport simply isn't a great device to run with.
    11-10-14 03:12 PM
    Most people would like to have their smartphone while they are running. In fact, that's one of the best times to have your smartphone. Many people are on-call in some way during their off hours and need to have their phone on them. The Passport simply isn't a great device to run with.
    Agreed here. Good to have a phone with you when running in case of any emergency. No way I'd run with a PP though. Sweat, rain, etc... prefer something smaller, in a ziplock bag.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 04:06 PM
    They call it a back pack
    11-10-14 04:13 PM
    I power up my Z10 when going on runs.

I use my pp during workdays, my Z30 during weekends and my Z10 during running and cycling in an armband.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 05:29 PM
    Emergency calls for an edc not a phone to call the police to show up in a few minutes. If I couldn't take a 1 hour break after work hours I would find a new job.
    11-10-14 06:20 PM
    I'm missing the OEM belt clip badly...

I tried today with my pocket and it just wasn't the same.

Backback or fanny back in another alternative that I'll avoid until there's gray in my beard.

Pleeeeeezze blackberry, make one!

Passport | Fido
    11-10-14 07:12 PM
    There is never an appropriate time to wear a fanny pack.

Why not use something like a money belt?
    11-10-14 07:14 PM
    Passport in an armband... you'd look like Captain America ... on your left!

Posted via CB10
    power5 likes this.
    11-10-14 07:47 PM
    LOL at all the comments. Am not too sure about carrying an expensive and big phone when doing sports activities. It calls for accidents to happen(to the phone). If on occasion I am on call, Q10 does solve the problem, that in a waist pouch. Northface and several sports brand do have such products for runners, cyclists. Should check them out. And they don't look corky on you too.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:19 PM
    If I couldn't take a 1 hour break after work hours I would find a new job.
    Isn't the Passport the ideal way for doctors and other health professionals to view medical images on the go? I'm thinking they would rather keep their job and get a smartphone that they can take with them at all times.
    11-10-14 10:35 PM
    Running belt is the way to go when you have a large device. I would try a few before settling down on one.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:44 PM
31 12