Is there any info about future Passport? As first owner group of Passport, I am looking forward to getting it.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 06:37 PM
    No word yet. Hopefully they continue with the passport. I could see them doing an android version in the future

Posted from my Passport
    12-19-15 06:56 PM
    There aren't likely going to be any new BB10 devices, mate.
    12-19-15 07:00 PM
    Hope springs eternal

Posted via my fantabulous blackberry passport, in a pink case
    12-19-15 07:28 PM
    I have both a priv and passport silver.

My dream would be a priv but with passport hardware/size

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 07:52 PM
    There aren't likely going to be any new BB10 devices, mate.
    This is what I am afraid of.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    12-19-15 08:59 PM
    No word yet. Hopefully they continue with the passport. I could see them doing an android version in the future

Posted from my Passport
    Yeah, I have tried Priv, which doesn't have any BlackBerry characteristic. Looks BlackBerry is leaving us.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 09:03 PM
    I have both a priv and passport silver.

My dream would be a priv but with passport hardware/size

Posted via CB10
    I have both as well,Priv is a sweet device wouldn't change much on it. Length is borderline too long/perfect. Passport conceptually was a great idea,the Priv is extra special.
    12-19-15 10:12 PM
    Most likely the Passport is the last BB10 phone.
    WArcher likes this.
    12-19-15 10:38 PM
    Most likely the Passport is the last BB10 phone.
    very much so,there's very little profit made from BB10,if BlackBerry wants to generate revenue to take on the likes of Samsung and LG they'll need to sell lots of Android phones
    12-19-15 10:56 PM
    I really hope Blackberry comes up with a Android version of the Passport. I LOVE the Passport form factor. It's Unique and it works. BB should stick to developing further the Passport just like when Samsung first came out with the NOTE and everyone was saying how big the phone was and it'll never work. But look at it now. A phone that size is now standard.

In order for Blackberry to complete and stay relevant they really should invest into adapting Android onto their phones. And get more people back to BB. And i feel the Passport will be a really good start. The Priv.... i didnt like the form factor too much. But build quality is Top notch as usual. For me BB never had a problem with the design of their phones , it was their Software. Some might say BB 10 is as good as its competition but If you're not relevant , if the crowd is not with you . It's all pointless. It is a business and BB really need to let go of the past and open up and move on.

My Dream. An updated Android Passport with revised internals. Great Camera front and back, Front facing speakers , USB C, keep the micro sd card slot. That's a winning combination for me.
    Last edited by fantasticman; 12-19-15 at 11:43 PM.
    12-19-15 11:14 PM
    I really hope Blackberry comes up with a Android version of the Passport. I LOVE the Passport form factor. It's Unique and it works. BB should stick to developing further the Passport just like when Samsung first came out with the NOTE and everyone was saying how big the phone was and it'll never work. But look at it now. A phone that size is now standard.

In order for Blackberry to complete and stay relevant they really should invest into adapting Android onto their phones. And get more people back to BB. And i feel the Passport will be a really good start. The Priv.... i didnt like the form factor too much. But build quality is Top notch as usual. For me BB never had a problem with the design of their phones , it was their Software. Some might say BB 10 is as good as its competition but If you're not relevant , if the crowd is not with you . It's all pointless. It is a business and BB really need to let go of the past and open up and move on.

My Dream. An updated Android Passport with revised internals. Great Camera front and back, Front facing speakers , USB C, keep the micro sd card slot. That's a winning combination for me.
    Only a dream
    12-19-15 11:51 PM
    And hope it'll stay just a dream...lol
    12-20-15 01:07 AM
    I just want another BlackBerry 10 phone.

The Priv's OS was definitely not for me.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74, Kamika007z and rthonpm like this.
    12-20-15 01:10 AM
    I do wonder: they've announced that BB10 will stay strong in enterprise and supported. But how can they focus on enterprise sales if there's no BB10 phone to sell in the future?

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Fernando Martin likes this.
    12-20-15 01:14 AM
    Probably not gonna happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 05:00 AM
    The next BlackBerry Android phone, Vienna, is rumoured to be similar to the Passport but with a wide screen aspect ratio instead of the square screen of the Passport.

That's as close as we will get to a new Passport.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2789 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.6.28
    12-20-15 05:34 AM
    I'm on board with 'just any new OS10 device will do!' Just to see we are not forgotten

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-20-15 06:01 AM
    Highly unlikely there will be any future BB10 devices. They will not put any money into hardware that has lost money since day 1. They'll keep around z30 and passport for enterprise clients that need hardware. Most enterprise clients would rather see BB10/BES12 like security over IOS/Android platforms than further development of BB10. If most enterprise clients preferred BB10 they wouldn't have BYOD policies allowing IOS/Android.

Posted via CB10
    nicky_willz likes this.
    12-20-15 06:16 AM
    I just want another BlackBerry 10 phone.

The Priv's OS was definitely not for me.

Posted via CB10
    wishful thinking,there's no profit in BB10.Compare Passport vs Priv sales after 6 months and from a economic pov you'll understand why Priv is the future of BB.
    12-20-15 07:18 AM
    An android Passport!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 07:23 AM
    I do wonder: they've announced that BB10 will stay strong in enterprise and supported. But how can they focus on enterprise sales if there's no BB10 phone to sell in the future?

They will continue to sell the passport as is and the classic I think. Don't know for how long.
    12-20-15 07:24 AM

Good point. Contrary to popular belief, there probably will be other BlackBerry 10 phones priced a bit higher.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-20-15 07:36 AM
    The next phone is a android phone, It's the BlackBerry Vienna

Posted Via Aaron's BlackBerry Z10 
    12-20-15 03:38 PM
    There is likely to be at least one more BB10 handset, and my guess is that it will be a Passport 2 or a Classic 2. Considering that it is going to take time for BlackBerry to get the Priv/Android on BlackBerry to the place they need for it to be with enterprise and other "high security", it only makes sense for them to release that one last handset (if it would indeed become the last BB10)

As for a Passport powered by Android, I don't think so. Slapping the Android OS onto any old phone works as long as the phone is of a familiar form factor. A wide but stubby phone with a square screen in the Android sphere would appeal to just about as many people as the Passport does on BB10.
    12-20-15 09:02 PM
107 123 ...