Well-received and profitable are entirely different, mate.
    BB needs their devices to be profitable.
    Chen is focussing on margins not volume...as longs as they can become profitable as a whole in handsets, there is no reason to cut bb10 development...they need android to get there of course.
    Kamika007z and Zeratul57 like this.
    12-22-15 05:28 AM
    Let's be realistic about it, there isn't a good chance of that new passport ever coming out.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    12-22-15 12:46 PM
    Yes, it's not coming.

Posted via CB10
    Robert Roger likes this.
    12-22-15 01:34 PM
    I think at this point it's more likely a Android Passport is more likely than a new BB10 Passport. And in the end that would be more logical since Blackberry is working hard to give Android Blackberries the BB10 feel or experience. They will do it mark my word.I'm almost sure they will perfect the Hub and make the camera better.
    12-22-15 05:46 PM
    In my opinion it would be beneficial not to totally kill BB10. Samsung still has Tizen even though they have many Android handsets. Who knows maybe some day there might be a universal App development language, which then means all brands will be able to use the Apps.
    12-22-15 05:51 PM
    I think at this point it's more likely a Android Passport is more likely than a new BB10 Passport. And in the end that would be more logical since Blackberry is working hard to give Android Blackberries the BB10 feel or experience. They will do it mark my word.I'm almost sure they will perfect the Hub and make the camera better.
    12-22-15 05:52 PM
    the Vienna looks like an android classic and the next passport will be android.
    Being in the business for a while, I very much believe there will be another BB10 phone whether it is anywhere near as good as the ones we have now I am not sure but I am positive there will be one.
    12-22-15 05:55 PM
    It's about 0.5 percent chance of it coming out basically no chance.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 06:19 PM
    Whatever happened to that guy showing android running on the passport?
    12-22-15 06:50 PM
    Witness protection.
    12-22-15 06:51 PM
    I think you are wrong because most enterprise and government will not want to use android. I think BlackBerry will support both platforms. Enterprise and government customers and most bb10 users will be o.k. With the updates that BlackBerry will provide and are o.k with NOT receiving the development that android and ios receives.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-22-15 06:58 PM
    Lol so I guess no one knows anything about what happened with that
    12-22-15 06:59 PM
    Android devices will come out as new models. Any BB10 devices will just be rehashes of Z30, Leap, Passport and Classic using same hardware with small internal changes if lucky. Enterprise will buy those devices for cheap price and BlackBerry has them in the bargain pipeline.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 07:03 PM
    Android devices will come out as new models. Any BB10 devices will just be rehashes of Z30, Leap, Passport and Classic using same hardware with small internal changes if lucky. Enterprise will buy those devices for cheap price and BlackBerry has them in the bargain pipeline.

Posted via CB10
    I would be absolutely happy with that. Kind of like what Volkswagen did with the beetle lol. How many years did they produce the same model with only minor changes?

12-22-15 07:13 PM
    Cars aren't exactly like phones. The roads don't become incompatible with older cars.
    12-22-15 07:35 PM
    Cars aren't exactly like phones. The roads don't become incompatible with older cars.
    I know people who still use bbos 4,5, and 7. They meet their needs.

12-22-15 07:49 PM
    True but it's not exactly the same, plus phones are a young technology that is quickly changing.
    12-22-15 07:52 PM
    Highly unlikely there will be any future BB10 devices. They will not put any money into hardware that has lost money since day 1. They'll keep around z30 and passport for enterprise clients that need hardware. Most enterprise clients would rather see BB10/BES12 like security over IOS/Android platforms than further development of BB10. If most enterprise clients preferred BB10 they wouldn't have BYOD policies allowing IOS/Android.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 has been sold out for at least the past 4 month. It has not been listed on shopblackberry for awhile now.
    You can no longer purchase a new z30, just like you cannot purchase a z10. All z30 and z10, even the ones reportedly written down under Heins, were sold.
    The only BB10 devices still available, probably for not much longer, are the Passport, the Leap, and the Classic.
    12-22-15 07:55 PM
    Z30 has been sold out for at least the past 4 month. It has not been listed on shopblackberry for awhile now.
    You can no longer purchase a new z30, just like you cannot purchase a z10. All z30 and z10, even the ones reportedly written down under Heins, were sold.
    The only BB10 devices still available, probably for not much longer, are the Passport, the Leap, and the Classic.
    You are right. BlackBerry is not currently stocking the z30, however you can buy it brand new from amazon and other retail outlets.

12-22-15 08:11 PM
    Either way I don't think they are making anymore new devices except for the Passport
    12-22-15 08:23 PM
    Privport Gold.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-23-15 02:01 AM
    To me, make BB10 more be suitable for running Android App will definitely bring in android users. But technically, it shall be more expensive than just focus on BlackBerry Android phone, so bad.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 02:02 AM
    Next days I will buy a passport silver edition. I know its not new hardware but its a gourgeos device. One year I will enjoy passort. In my opinion if Priv will be a answer to blackberry they will create another BB10 device. I know and I'm so upset about decision but I think will work. They will create a nice android in time. The only one who was close to attract me to android was Priv. I was very close to buy one but then I was thinking with head and heart and chose Passport. Harware software and battery are good for one more year. And in autumn period I will chose. If Blackberry bring some harware and software good , maybe a surface Phone or new Iphone. In conclusion I cant wait more to feel the shiny passport SE
    12-23-15 05:58 PM
    very much so,there's very little profit made from BB10,if BlackBerry wants to generate revenue to take on the likes of Samsung and LG they'll need to sell lots of Android phones
    At this stage, Thor with BB10's launch will almost certainly outsell Chen with the Priv. It's much better for BlackBerry to have it's own platform, but it's also much, much, much more expensive. BlackBerry isn't really a good company anymore and the Priv is an awful device for the money. With a new BB10 Passport, you could say, "I just prefer the flow UI and Blendy app vision of Mike L to Android or iOS," but how can anyone articulate a reason to buy a Priv. The Nexus 6p is a better Android phone in almost every single way for so much less money.
    12-24-15 01:43 AM
    The Passport is abandoned... WITH a CEO who acts like he trained on SNL & leaves customers last, expectations from BlackBerry as a company are pipe dreams...

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 09:08 AM
107 ... 2345