Hey everyone
    I received my blackberry passport a few days ago. I love it. The Only thing I do not like is I can not use my Google voice number. I tried qgvdialer but my received texts don't show. My texts don't even show in the html5 Web app, even on my pc. All the messages there are a year old.

Any suggestions on what I can do besides port my number?
    05-17-15 10:00 PM
    That's because you migrated your Google Voice account to Hangouts, so all you're seeing are the texts, calls, and voicemails prior to the services joining in 2014.

You have to opt out of Hangouts integration on the Google Voice main site and you can once again have texts forwarded to your main number, but then you obviously have to save that "middle-man" number for every single contact which gets annoying.

I used GV for years, and although it truly is way above BlackBerry Blend in terms of functionality, I ported my number out of Google and went all in on my Passport.

I suggest you do the same, or you'll spend too much time making this work, and it'll never become seamless. Google will give you a new Voice number and you'll still have your old stuff.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-17-15 10:07 PM
    so, with blackberry blend, can i port my gv number and keep my main number?

edit: i thought blackberry blend was just a way to view your messages etc on the pc. how could i keep both numbers like this?
    CatDaddy likes this.
    05-17-15 11:24 PM
    I just told you your options above.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-17-15 11:33 PM
    I just told you your options above.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    but you said "I used GV for years, and although it truly is way above BlackBerry Blend in terms of functionality, I ported my number out of Google and went all in on my Passport."

i was confused how blackberry blend had anything to do with it. i just dont understand how GV and blackberry blend are being compared. i am new to bb10, sorry for my ignorance.
    05-17-15 11:37 PM
    i was confused how blackberry blend had anything to do with it. i just dont understand how GV and blackberry blend are being compared. i am new to bb10, sorry for my ignorance.
    Didn't mean to confuse you. Check out the BlackBerry Blend site to get the low-down. Basically, it's an application that taps in to your phone and displays your BlackBerry on your PC or tablet. You can reply to texts, access your calendar, BBM, check your email, etc. It's an extension of your phone.

We could do that already with Google Voice/Hangouts. With Hangouts extension on Chrome browser, we could text and make free WiFi calls right from our computer. From any Android device, we could do the same with the Hangouts app. The reason why I said GV was better was because:

a) We didn't need our phone on at all to do all those things
    b) Everything was just smoother and more seamless
    c) Even if we didn't have a cellular connection we could make free WiFi calls from our phone number, anywhere in the world

BlackBerry Blend wont work without your phone being on and you need a cellular connection at all times for it to work. At this point you cannot use it to make calls either. It's just a clunkier experience coming from GV.
    05-17-15 11:52 PM
    Oh, thanks for the info. That seems useful when I'm at my computer. My issue is I'm rarely at a computer anymore. I'm not a typical BlackBerry user. I work in the oil field, so I work 70+ hour weeks outside. I liked GV because I could handle my web design and decal businesses through GV since I use that as my business number. I work on my side businesses on the weekend, but want my communication to be seemless, without having to carry 2 devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:02 AM
    Oh, thanks for the info. That seems useful when I'm at my computer. My issue is I'm rarely at a computer anymore. I'm not a typical BlackBerry user. I work in the oil field, so I work 70+ hour weeks outside. I liked GV because I could handle my web design and decal businesses through GV since I use that as my business number. I work on my side businesses on the weekend, but want my communication to be seemless, without having to carry 2 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so the main number on your SIM is your personal number and the GV number is your business number?

What I would recommend doing is Opting out of Hangouts integration on the GV main site. Text messages will then be forwarded to your SIM number and come in on standard Blackberry messaging. You'll just have to add the "middle-man" number for each contact. Add it as Other or give it a GV label.

You'll have to text or call those numbers from your BlackBerry in order for it to show as your GV number for the people you're contacting.

You can also use the BlackBerry apps or the HTML5 GV site to dial out from your GV number, although it will probably be easier to just add the additional numbers for everyone.

Edit: Also, the actual GV android app does work on the Passport. You can text from it, but you can't make calls. The big bummer is push notifications don't work, so you have to manually refresh the app to see if you have any new messages. That wasn't going to work for me.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-18-15 12:08 AM
    For the longest time, the HTML5 app wasn't working in the BlackBerry browser, but it is now, as you obviously know since you saw you can't get your texts there.

After you sort out and get rid of the Hangouts integration and get that HTML5 app working, you'll find Google Voice less of a pain on BlackBerry.

There's a dialer app called BlaCaDa you can also use. It just dials into the GV system and automates its way through the prompt. It's what I used while the HTML5 app was down, but again, you shouldn't need it now.

With your BlackBerry setup as one of your forwarding numbers for GV, you'll get your text and calls, but as the other poster mentioned, just remember to save the number that appears, that GV calls the 'shadow number,' under their contact. Dialing or texting that number from your BlackBerry will make it look like it's coming from your GV number and let's you bypass the HTML5 app. The only time you'll really need the webapp is when you make a call or text for the first time and if the recipient never texts you, not allowing you to get that shadow number. Then, to make your GV number appear to them, you'll always have to use the app to dial.

I ported my number to GV over three years ago. It became more of a pain when the HTML5/webapp went down and, admittedly, saving an extra number as 'Other' is a little more 'work,' but in my situation, and it sounds like yours, too, it's completely workable and a great solution. I moved from Sprint to Verizon and now to AT&T during that time and since all I use is my GV number, I didn't have to wait on ports from carrier to carrier (not that that's a pain anymore, I guess) and I don't even know my Verizon and AT&T number. (I looked like an ***** every time I get asked during a support call.)

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:16 AM