Staying with passport! Love it!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:32 PM
    Still on the fence about the Passport and switching back and forth with my Z and Q10.

Z10: 10.3.1.938 OS
    10-23-14 10:36 PM
    I only switch back and forth between my z10 and my Passport because I work in construction and don't want to kill the Passport yet. Use the Passport on wifi when at home and full time on weekends. Love the Passport. Actually I've been taking it to work more often then I'd like.

Via Cb10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 Proud Member of the Board of Directors for the Peevishlicious Crew
    I wonder if the inverse of that is going to work for me. I have a Q10 with Tmobile and I can't afford to lose wifi calling at home but during the week at work I get perfect signal. I've never tried swapping sim cards before (different sizes now I believe) I'm afraid there could be sync issues with contacts and emails if I do that. Please advice.

Posted via CB10
    lady of the lake likes this.
    10-23-14 10:38 PM
    Went from z10 to q5 to q10 to q5 again(I liked keyboard) to passport. LOVE MY PASSPORT. Keeping it!!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:44 PM
    I have had three passports since the official launch, all of which have ended up in the hands of a client after they tried it and loved it. I was having issues with my fingers and now that my doctor gave me medicine for my fingers, I went out and bought another passport from a guy in Canada who won it in a contest and sold it to me for 500 CAD so I am a happy camper rocking my passport and not looking back.

Posted from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Just out of curiosity - what do you do for a living? You seem to end up selling a lot of your phones to your clients loll.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    10-23-14 10:46 PM
    I'm carrying the Passport and Q10 for now since I can't have a VZW Passport yet, but the Passport really lives up to the "keep moving" slogan. I feel like I need my laptop less than I used to, as I can complete more work on the Passport. While I wouldn't consider trading it it for any of the existing BlackBerry 10 phones of which I've used all but the Q5, I would drop it instantly for a four row, touch enabled keyboard phone with the same screen. Numbers and symbols don't belong on the screen when you're rocking a keyboard.
    jay_men likes this.
    10-23-14 10:47 PM
    From a Q10 to the Passport, fortunate to have been able to place an online order on release day. It arrived two days later and I have loved it ever since. I still have my Q10 but only use it when I go for a run, as I like to have a phone with me to place a call in case of an emergency, and the Q10 obviously fits easier in my clenched hand than the Passport does.
    10-23-14 10:50 PM
    Had the same dilemma for a couple of days. Not anymore, PP is great and I don't see me going back to such a small screen as my Q. Got used to the size, the keyboard and I really love using the phone now for lots of things I couldn't use it before.

Posted via my square wonder thingie
    10-23-14 11:02 PM
    i love the passport but might consider the Classic if it drops on VZW, My Q10, which i love, is feeling too small after using the Passport, which feels too big. If the Classic had 1440 i would definitely go that way but since it's 720 i am not sure and won't know until i can hold one in my hand. I wish the Classic had better tech specs but if they are as good or better than the Q10 it will be fine. There is very little perceptible difference between the speed of the Q10 and the Passport unless you are doing extremely processor intensive tasks like installing android apps through snap.
    10-23-14 11:09 PM
    I've been using my Passport since the first week of availability, and can attest that the learning curve to get used to the new keyboard is relatively easy. I've used both Zs and a Q5, and the speed (fastest boot time EVER for a BB device,) and sheer user-friendliness of the Passport means I'll never go back. It is by far the best device I've ever used, both for business and personal use.
    10-23-14 11:11 PM

PREVIOUS :
    had a Q10 (found it waaaay too small)
    Then got a Z30 (Loved it overall, so quick with the virtual keyboard, hated the brightness level)

VERDICT:
    Staying with the Passport.
    Can't go back to a narrow screen. Love the wide screen.
    The phone itself looks extremely elegant with the metal frame.
    Love the touchpad, aside from the short cut keys (page scrolling) I prefer putting it in landscape and scrolling....such a wicked feature.
    I'll follow Back-2-Black's model - somewhat

PREVIOUS
    Z10 since March 2013 (Private)
    Z30 since November 2013 (Business)

CURRENT:
    Z30 (Private)
    Passport (Business)

VERDICT:
    Love the Passport. Though not an all touch I got used to the keyboard rather quickly. I guess it's like they say with bike riding and s**: you never really forget.

When I sometimes go back to the Z30 I actually realize how often I hit the wrong letter with a virtual keyboard. I probably will replace the Z30 with the Z50 when it comes out but I will never, ever go away from the Passport. Truly a work horse. Beautiful. If it would be legal I'd marry my Passport.
    10-24-14 12:06 AM
    I am at a wait and see with the Passport. I've had it for a few days so far.

Personal Pros and Cons -
    Pros: I love the keyboard scrolling feature, screen is awesome, speakers are great, battery life is pretty good, fast w/3gb of ram

Cons: I miss the Alt key sometimes and wish it was a 4 row keyboard, swipe up and swipe down is not always responsive because the 3 row keyboard doesn't have a lot of room, NON-REMOVABLE BATTERY!! I really like the feeling of having a swappable battery... could have really used that this week... The phone is wide so when using with one hand the edge of my hand touches a button or messes with the content on screen. I don't want to hold it with 2 hands all the time. No support for T-Mobile wi-fi calling. This might be a killer for me. I am on a trip and as of right now I have no service, while my friends crappy nokia windows phone on tmobile has 3 bars of 2g. I wouldn't mind if I had wi-fi calling.

Conclusion- It might be really hard to give up the Passport. I love the Q10 as well but it has the double typing issue and I also prefer the LCD display over AMOLED. First world problems....

If BlackBerry would just make a Q20 with a bigger screen (still able to use 1 handed), 4 row TOUCH enabled keyboard with symbols and alt key, same specs as Passport, removable battery and great speakers then I would be on cloud 9.
    10-24-14 12:07 AM
    I am at a wait and see with the Passport. I've had it for a few days so far.

Personal Pros and Cons -
    Pros: I love the keyboard scrolling feature, screen is awesome, speakers are great, battery life is pretty good, fast w/3gb of ram

Cons: I miss the Alt key sometimes and wish it was a 4 row keyboard, swipe up and swipe down is not always responsive because the 3 row keyboard doesn't have a lot of room, NON-REMOVABLE BATTERY!! I really like the feeling of having a swappable battery... could have really used that this week... The phone is wide so when using with one hand the edge of my hand touches a button or messes with the content on screen. I don't want to hold it with 2 hands all the time. No support for T-Mobile wi-fi calling. This might be a killer for me. I am on a trip and as of right now I have no service, while my friends crappy nokia windows phone on tmobile has 3 bars of 2g. I wouldn't mind if I had wi-fi calling.

Conclusion- It might be really hard to give up the Passport. I love the Q10 as well but it has the double typing issue and I also prefer the LCD display over AMOLED. First world problems....

If BlackBerry would just make a Q20 with a bigger screen (still able to use 1 handed), 4 row TOUCH enabled keyboard with symbols and alt key, same specs as Passport, removable battery and great speakers then I would be on cloud 9.
    The Q20: wouldn't that be the Classic coming next. I believe it has a traditional keyboard layout and bigger screen but all the features of the Passport. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Using Blackberry Passport via AT&T
    10-24-14 12:31 AM
    When I first bought the Passport I thought I'd have to keep my Z10 close by as the Passport would be unwieldy. After day one I knew I wasn't going back.
    10-24-14 12:33 AM
    Used Q10 & Z30 in past but no return back after using PP

Posted by stylish Passport
    10-24-14 12:40 AM
    I actually sold my Z10 the day after I got the passport, so I can't go back I wouldn't any way - once you have been spoilt by that screen, anything else seems, well, inadequate. I did have the Z running at the same time, to copy over contacts etc, and within a half hour, I thought the screen was dinky. Not in a bad way, just small.

So to answer your question, I will say a big fat no.
    10-24-14 01:04 AM
    After a month on the Passport there's no way I'm going back to a narrow phone and I was one of the people that was extremely critical of the Passport when I first saw the images of it. Tried to use my Z30 a couple of days ago but it's definitely a no go any more - Even my Note 3 screen feels too small to me now.
    10-24-14 01:48 AM
    Switching back?

Only just getting started...

YEEEEEE-HAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!!
    Any Passport users switching back to Q10 or another BlackBerry?-img_20141024_171221.jpg

***PPosted by PPrem WatsaPP***
    10-24-14 02:14 AM
    NEVER
    10-24-14 02:16 AM
    My Z10 is connected to my desk top and is going to stay there until I figure out who to give it to.Passport is a keeper.
    10-24-14 03:14 AM
    I tried hard to get used to the PP for 3 weeks but failed. Width and hybrid keyboard are not for me, I couldn't familiarize. Back to my Z30 now, while waiting for the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:14 AM
    I am a technical writer in the auto industry for the past 18 years and before that I was a automation controls designer for 12 years. Some of my clients have shifted back to BlackBerry from IOS because of the security issues.

I have more positive vibes on the passport then any other device I have ever owned. I only wish that BlackBerry would promote the brand more over here in the USA.

Posted from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    10-24-14 03:25 AM
    Honestly speaking I would have serious doubts about the intelligence of those who would commit in such downgrade. And yes I used the q10 and im using a passport now

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:38 AM
    No never a good idea to go backwards

going forward posted via my canadian passport
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-24-14 05:08 AM
    You'll have to pry my PP from my cold, dead hands. No hope in hell I'll ever go back to a narrow device.
    10-24-14 05:26 AM
91 1234