My biggest gripe with my passport so far (2 months) is the unlock option(s). My Z10 and other previous devices had a nice big number screen to unlock. The PP has that small row which is difficult to get first time or so, especially sitting on a train, subway, moving car, etc. I had poor luck with the picture unlock as well, the number location has to be pretty much exact. I doubt (due to BB security) if there is an aftermarket app for this? Anybody have the same issue and any type of solution short of keeping it unlocked? Thanks.
    01-19-15 11:47 AM
    No, a 3rd party app cannot access the lock screen.

However, you could try changing your password to letters only. Then, it's entered by the physical keyboard only.
    garpt likes this.
    01-19-15 12:03 PM
    No, a 3rd party app cannot access the lock screen.

However, you could try changing your password to letters only. Then, it's entered by the physical keyboard only.
    Just thought of that as a possible solution, actually. How about the space bar "x" number of times? Would that work?I can do that in the dark!
    01-19-15 12:16 PM
    I'd recommend staying with a fairly secure letter combination, but your choice.
    calirevolt likes this.
    01-19-15 12:33 PM
    I'd recommend staying with a fairly secure letter combination, but your choice.
    The physical keyboard option is definitely better for me then numeric.
    Thanks.
    01-19-15 02:00 PM
    I got a pretty nice trick, I use " bnm" (thats space b n m" so I kinda just slide my thumb across the keys and at the end is the enter button, so its pretty easy to unlock and still very unlikely for someone to guess it...
    01-19-15 02:03 PM
    I got a pretty nice trick, I use " bnm" (thats space b n m" so I kinda just slide my thumb across the keys and at the end is the enter button, so its pretty easy to unlock and still very unlikely for someone to guess it...
    I'll have to remember that -- in case you ever hand me your device...
    01-19-15 02:07 PM
    I'll have to remember that -- in case you ever hand me your device...
    Ha! Im from Venezuela, so I think Im safe for the moment
    01-19-15 02:11 PM
    On 10.3.1 you unlock with 'u' then 'enter'. U will illuminate screen

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 02:47 PM
    I was thinking of just using a swipe across one of the three rows. Don't know how consistently that would work though.
    01-19-15 03:35 PM
    My biggest gripe with my passport so far (2 months) is the unlock option(s). My Z10 and other previous devices had a nice big number screen to unlock. The PP has that small row which is difficult to get first time or so, especially sitting on a train, subway, moving car, etc. I had poor luck with the picture unlock as well, the number location has to be pretty much exact. I doubt (due to BB security) if there is an aftermarket app for this? Anybody have the same issue and any type of solution short of keeping it unlocked? Thanks.
    If your password is all numbers can't you just use simple password in the security settings?

Tim

Posted via CB10

Sorry. I guess passport doesn't have a simple password option to go along with the keyboard.
    01-19-15 03:43 PM
    If your password is all numbers can't you just use simple password in the security settings?

Tim

Posted via CB10

Sorry. I guess passport doesn't have a simple password option to go along with the keyboard.
    Tim,
    What is simple passwords?
    Don't see or find that option or what it does. If I remember correctly with my Z10 you can turn the full keyboard into just a numeric keypad. Is that the same?

edit: just saw the bottom of your answer!
    01-19-15 05:56 PM
    Are you guys saying you can unlock and wake the phone up without having to press the power button? I.e when the screen is dark you enter a password and it's unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:16 PM
    Are you guys saying you can unlock and wake the phone up without having to press the power button? I.e when the screen is dark you enter a password and it's unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    No.
    Just the hassle of entering a numeric password compared to other models.
    01-19-15 09:47 PM
    I unlock my phone with picture password while driving. If not in one time, I get to the unlock it at the second, seldom on third.

Any other screen lock options?-img_20150120_075420.png

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    01-19-15 09:55 PM
    I unlock my phone with picture password while driving. If not in one time, I get to the unlock it at the second, seldom on third.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150120_075420.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	328432

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    Tried picture password. Didn't get it unlocked until the 8th try, almost had to wipe my phone! I find the picture password is too precise to get it the first time. Found a novel combo with the keyboard, though. Don't even have to look now to unlock!
    01-20-15 04:02 PM
    I was thinking of just using a swipe across one of the three rows. Don't know how consistently that would work though.
    Actually its pretty consistent, though I think its a better option picture password with a wallpaper like this, just pick a drop that is about the same size of the number and put the number inside so its easier for you to get it right every time.

Any other screen lock options?-widescreen-cool-3d-hd-wallpapers-images-background.jpg
    01-21-15 09:38 AM
    Tried picture password. Didn't get it unlocked until the 8th try, almost had to wipe my phone! I find the picture password is too precise to get it the first time. Found a novel combo with the keyboard, though. Don't even have to look now to unlock!
    I use picture password and very seldom does it take more than one attempt. I found a spot in the picture that is the size of the inside of the "0". Then all I need to do is line the zero over the spot.
    01-21-15 12:51 PM
    Picture password will only give you five tries or so before requiring you to enter blackberry. After that, it will take your numeric password only.

P.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 08:41 AM
    Picture password will only give you five tries or so before requiring you to enter blackberry. After that, it will take your numeric password only.

P.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't figure that out untl the 8th try. When it switched I started entering my old numeric password instead of the word "blackberry." Then I stepped back and actually read the screen.
    01-23-15 08:32 AM