There are lots of great laptops. The macbook pro retina is an amazing machine, and powerful enough to be able to run windows apps as required. I do it every day. If you get the mac, max the ram out. Blend works perfectly on the mac.

Blend is without a doubt one of the smartest and best features BlackBerry has brought out in ages. Just so smooth.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:46 PM
    Thanks. If I were to go the Apple route I would definitely max out and get the latest and best MacBook Pro available, in the largest screen size available, which Unfortunately I believe is 15" instead of 17". I think the Retina version is their highest end. I would look at the Air before the final decision, but it's my impression that the latest, highest end MacBook Pro would be better across the board. The thinness and light weight of the Air would be nice, but not at the expense of too many trade offs, and I get the impression that MacBooks continue to get thinner as well. I am torn about switching from a windows laptop to an Apple, however. I am just so used to the Windows environment, and I love the flexibility of the windows capabilities. I won't be buying a new laptop until early 2015, maybe 4-5 months from now, so maybe there will be an entirely new selection of either MacBook Pro's or next upgrade windows like HP or Samsung or others. I definitely want to get a laptop with a SSD as long as doing so doesn't force me to trade off other priorities, so I will have some homework to do. I also think BB Blend sounds pretty darn promising. It strikes me that BB with its BBM now available across platforms, and its Blend apparently to become available on phones other than Blackberry (I think I read this somewhere), it seems that BB is cutting new ground in the marketplace in so many ways. Looks to me like BB is likely going to succeed with its more focused turnaround plans. I do hope there will be more and better accessories for the Passport coming out over the next month or two. I am torn as to whether to get an unlocked Passport and maybe going the Cricket route for a time to save money, or just getting the Passport direct from AT&T, locked, and paying more for one of their plans. I do not know if using an unlocked Passport with AT&T or buying a locked Passport thru AT&T, if they would provide an identical experience, or if there are trade offs trying to use an unlocked phone with AT&T. If you or anyone has any input on this or the rest, feel free to expand. Either way, thanks again.
    10-03-14 11:35 PM
    As first few posts have mentioned if u r looking to install autoloader or Dev softwares then windows is a better choice.

Blend work good with Mac as well as pc. So my answer would be to go with Mac.

On cursory remarks if you are looking for true compatibility between device and laptop then ios and Mac are the best buddies. Seamless compatibility and with new ios8 and yosemite are amazing.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:47 AM
    I carry the 15" macbook pro retina and its the best all around laptop I have ever owned. The screen is amazing and it handles everything you throw at it without slowing down. I run windows on it flawlessly, so to your point, you don't have to give up the windows apps. You can run them both side by side with no issues. I prefer the office version on windows to the mac version, so that's what I run.

The air is a great machine, but I sounds like you would prefer power over a little bit more weight. Get a nice 24" monitor for your desk and you are set.

If you ever want to talk more about the windows capabilities, let me know.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 08:47 AM
    There are lots of great laptops. The macbook pro retina is an amazing machine, and powerful enough to be able to run windows apps as required. I do it every day. If you get the mac, max the ram out. Blend works perfectly on the mac.

Blend is without a doubt one of the smartest and best features BlackBerry has brought out in ages. Just so smooth.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Posted via CB10
    Too bad apple discontinued 17" sizing!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 08:57 AM
30 12