Was just wondering what the recourse is if traveling to a country that requires contact tracing app on your phone. All contact tracing apps are for android and iphone so far. Some countries have made it mandatory if entering.

Has anyone experienced this yet?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-20 08:27 PM
    Which country forces you to have a modem smartphone?
    05-24-20 10:05 PM
    Which country forces you to have a modem smartphone?
    None but countries are forcing you to have contact tracing apps installed when entering if you have a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-20 08:29 AM
    No North American and European country has that rule. Maybe China perhaps? I suppose if your employer is forcing you to travel, they should provide you with a smartphone. I wouldn't call a BB10 a smartphone anymore in 2020.
    05-25-20 08:39 AM
    Was just wondering what the recourse is if traveling to a country that requires contact tracing app on your phone. All contact tracing apps are for android and iphone so far. Some countries have made it mandatory if entering.

Has anyone experienced this yet?

Posted via CB10
    SO far only China is forcing anyone to load anything on there phone. As for the apps themselves if they do not load than poof thats your proof.
    05-25-20 08:41 AM
    None but countries are forcing you to have contact tracing apps installed when entering if you have a smartphone.
    So let them try to install it. Or are you saying that you won't be granted entry if you do not have a reasonably recent Android or iOS phone?
    Pretty much guaranteed your droid running anything older than 6.0 or iPhone 5 and older is gonna be out of luck.
    I know plenty of people with those and it's not unreasonable to not upgrade such devices.
    05-26-20 10:56 PM
    There are many people who do not have smart phones at all so how are they going to cope with that?

Not everyone in the world even wants a smartphone, it is a personal choice after all!
    06-06-20 09:45 AM
    There are many people who do not have smart phones at all so how are they going to cope with that?

Not everyone in the world even wants a smartphone, it is a personal choice after all!
    That includes my dear mother that refuses to own any mobile phone.
    06-06-20 11:57 AM
    That includes my dear mother that refuses to own any mobile phone.
    Exactly, I’m sure your mother isn’t the only one either.
    06-06-20 05:32 PM