But I've noticed a few things from one day of use:

Facebook app crashes after launching

and

the video that is being played from the video player does not play smoothly. It would play fine then it would slow down then speeds up really fast..

Any ideas guys?
    Are you using the latest Facebook update (basically a shortcut to the website I believe). It may be that the older version of Facebook as an app won't work properly? Not sure on the video, never had that issue, are you playing videos from a microSD card? If so, what's its class rating? 10 is the best.

If you have Cobalt's Google Play Store solution, you could try the Android version of Facebook as well. I believe it works fine (but probably not integrated in Hub). Not a big mobile FB user...

EDIT: Also, since you're new to BlackBerry, just FYI, there's BlackBerry Link and Blend for your desktop. Blend allows you to use your phone (except calls) from the desktop, and Link allows you to backup your device, reload OS software, configure desktop folders for Remote File Access as well as Wifi Access to your phone without plugging it into USB.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/overview.html

Finally, you can do a hard reset of the phone by pressing and holding VOL UP and VOL DN until the device resets itself (about ten seconds).
    05-29-16 10:29 AM
    Also check that you have the Android Runtime fix so you can properly Uninstall Android apps. Here's the link, has to be opened from the Passport in the browser.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39879918

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 10:49 AM
    But I've noticed a few things from one day of use:

Facebook app crashes after launching

and

the video that is being played from the video player does not play smoothly. It would play fine then it would slow down then speeds up really fast..

Any ideas guys?
    Try a reset by holding Vol Up+down for 30 seconds or if that doesn't work, try a security wipe, or install the latest OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 11:31 AM
    Do you mean that ALL videos do this? Is your video on the device drive or an SD card? If it is on an SD card, I would transfer it to your device drive and try it there. If it runs smoothly on your device (which it should if the video is good quality) then obviously your SD card is suspect. I have never had this problem with my Passport in the year and a half that I have had it.
    05-29-16 11:42 AM
    I've had my AT&T version for 14 months now. The double typing issue is starting to pop up more and more. Phone has been fine for the most part.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 12:10 PM
    Are you using the latest Facebook update (basically a shortcut to the website I believe). It may be that the older version of Facebook as an app won't work properly? Not sure on the video, never had that issue, are you playing videos from a microSD card? If so, what's its class rating? 10 is the best.

If you have Cobalt's Google Play Store solution, you could try the Android version of Facebook as well. I believe it works fine (but probably not integrated in Hub). Not a big mobile FB user...

EDIT: Also, since you're new to BlackBerry, just FYI, there's BlackBerry Link and Blend for your desktop. Blend allows you to use your phone (except calls) from the desktop, and Link allows you to backup your device, reload OS software, configure desktop folders for Remote File Access as well as Wifi Access to your phone without plugging it into USB.

BlackBerry Desktop Software ? BlackBerry Link, BlackBerry Blend - EN - United States

Finally, you can do a hard reset of the phone by pressing and holding VOL UP and VOL DN until the device resets itself (about ten seconds).
    You're awesome! Thnk you! I'll try your advise/suggestions when I get back home!
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-30-16 10:31 PM
    Do you mean that ALL videos do this? Is your video on the device drive or an SD card? If it is on an SD card, I would transfer it to your device drive and try it there. If it runs smoothly on your device (which it should if the video is good quality) then obviously your SD card is suspect. I have never had this problem with my Passport in the year and a half that I have had it.
    Actually, I downloaded "mx player" from the amazon app store and played the videos using that app(yes the videos are saved onto my SD card) and it works fine. No issues at all. Plays normally. So I'm sure it's not an SD card issue. I also removed the SD card and plugged it in my macbook to see if I have the same issue and no, the videos plays just fine. I'm assuming at this time that it's the default video player of the BlackBerry 10 is the issue. It may need an update? The software of my BlackBerry Passport is up to date as well. Any ideas/suggestions guys?
    05-31-16 12:32 AM
    Actually, I downloaded "mx player" from the amazon app store and played the videos using that app(yes the videos are saved onto my SD card) and it works fine. No issues at all. Plays normally. So I'm sure it's not an SD card issue. I also removed the SD card and plugged it in my macbook to see if I have the same issue and no, the videos plays just fine. I'm assuming at this time that it's the default video player of the BlackBerry 10 is the issue. It may need an update? The software of my BlackBerry Passport is up to date as well. Any ideas/suggestions guys?
    If those are mp4, MKV,or AVI files then I have NO explanation for the poor playback. I have never run into a playback problem on my wife's Passport or my own Passport. BB10 supports these formats: 3GP, 3GP2, ASF, AVI, F4V, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG4, WMV.
    05-31-16 08:22 AM
    No idea, sorry. Will think on it.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 10:02 AM
    Never had any problems with my Passport. I find I prefer to type on the Passport and wish my SP4 acted more like a BlackBerry. Enjoy the keyboard shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 04:56 PM
    Use the new Facebook , update from BB . It basically jumps FB to run thru your browser and won't crash anymore

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-06-16 09:22 PM
    Ace, can you log in to bdo online banking (if you happen to have an account) via the phone's web browser? Appreciate if you could confirm. Thanks
    06-08-16 07:53 AM
    I think everyone is forgetting a very important fact. Passport comes with 24 months of guarantee. No manufacturing process in the world is 100% flawless so all of the models of all of the devices have faulty units. If something is wrong with any particular Passport it will surely be visible within 24 months and it will surely be fixed. I would not worry about lifted screens or other surprises as these are a matter of faulty units. Not the design itself. I have had my Passport for 13 months now and nothing happened. Had I bought and apple product I would not have any guarantee (as of now). I chose BlackBerry so I still have 11 months of peace.
    Another great perk - for these 13 months I did not manage to dry the battery below 25%. Not a single time.
    06-08-16 08:10 AM
    I've had my AT&T version for 14 months now. The double typing issue is starting to pop up more and more. Phone has been fine for the most part.

Posted via CB10
    You need to get an autoloader and install 2813 or wait for June update.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    06-08-16 08:14 AM
    I came from a Z10, but this is a better phone than the Z10 by far. Z10 was a solid phone. Passport is a richer BB10 experience. Have had Q10, Z10 and now Passport. No Android yet. Once had an iPhone 4. That lasted less than 6 months before I dumped it for a Q10. I think I might buy a Leap from Amazon for $200 if I get some extra cash as a backup.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    06-08-16 04:57 PM
    Ace, can you log in to bdo online banking (if you happen to have an account) via the phone's web browser? Appreciate if you could confirm. Thanks
    Hi, I do apologize but I don't have BDO online banking. I have an account with bpi and I have online banking thru them and have no issues of logging in.
    06-09-16 06:36 AM
    Hi, I do apologize but I don't have BDO online banking. I have an account with bpi and I have online banking thru them and have no issues of logging in.
    Appreciate the reply, thanks man.
    06-10-16 10:26 PM
    After years experiencing passport device, I think there are some problems that might cause inconveniences:
    1. camera focus: shooting a picture needs a little more time to complete. I mean passport needs more time than iphones, for example. And shooting in lower light scene makes pictures quite bad quality.
    2. Native apps for some of users' demand may rarely be available in app world, so we need install some android apps with apk files, for instance: messenger lite app by facebook company.
    Exception for some inconveniences above, the rest of things are good, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 04:43 AM
    The most common problem no BB11....
    07-30-17 03:59 PM
    The most common problem no BB11....
    Soon...

Bush did bb10
    07-31-17 04:01 AM
    I'm not sure exactly how common this is but my black PP is currently only able to be a WIFI phablet as it will not connect to a cellular network. There are many others (more every day) with this same issue and yes, Blackberry is well aware of the problem.

However, will there ever be a fix for a EOL product running an EOL OS ?
    07-31-17 08:23 AM
    For me, PP only has two problem:
    1) there are no eligible successor
    2) its very hard to give it up once you start to use it

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-31-17 12:59 PM
47 12