My Z10 recently fell in the ocean so I thought this would be a great opportunity to upgrade to a Passport. Too bad Verizon doesn't carry it so I've ordered another Z10. Any chance Verizon gets the Passport any time soon?
    10-21-14 03:38 PM
    Doesn't sound like they're going to carry it. If your contact is up and you're dying for one, switch to ATT. I did and they've been great. Of course check their coverage map for your area first.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 03:57 PM
    Until they release the Passport on Verizon they have not released it in the USA. End of story.
    JamesIV likes this.
    10-21-14 06:01 PM
    Until they release the Passport on Verizon they have not released it in the USA. End of story.
    They haven't even really released on AT&T, so... yeah. Luckily AT&T coverage around where I live is decent, switched from Verizon a few weeks ago and now have two Passports running without any issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:07 PM
    Has anyone noticed better coverage with the new antenna? I ask because I'm w/ Big Red and AT&T is sketchy in my area. I'm hoping that this enhanced reception device that I can make AT&T work.

Thank you for any in site.

BleedBlk-
    10-21-14 06:11 PM
    Has anyone noticed better coverage with the new antenna? I ask because I'm w/ Big Red and AT&T is sketchy in my area. I'm hoping that this enhanced reception device that I can make AT&T work.

BleedBlk-
    Think it's coverage dependent. For example, I get 4 LTE bars on the main floor of my house but 1-0 bars in my basement. There aren't any doors or windows down there though. When I was on Verizon, I always had service in my basement.

Not too big a deal for me though, found a spot on my couch in the basement where I sit to get 1 bar haha.

Posted via CB10
    RWB3325 likes this.
    10-22-14 02:59 AM

BleedBlk-
    I don't know your situation, but you might consider signing up for Consumer Cellular for a month and try it with your unlocked Passport if that's your plan. That way you don't have to go through the number port/30 day return deal if the the AT&T towers don't provide good enough service in your area. Consumer Cellular uses AT&T towers, but runs SMS and probably data through Consumer Cellular servers.

My primary account is 6 lines on Verizon and I used to have one AT&T line for the few areas where Verizon doesn't work, but AT&T does.

Recently I cancelled my AT&T account and told them it was because they didn't carry the Z30. I have a basic 300MB data plan with Consumer Cellular so I get the same coverage, but pay $30 per month instead of $70. (Consumer Cellular isn't setup for heavy data users)

Now I might switch two of my lines to AT&T for the Passport if we don't hear something from VZW soon.
    RWB3325 likes this.
    10-22-14 03:16 AM
    Think it's coverage dependent. For example, I get 4 LTE bars on the main floor of my house but 1-0 bars in my basement. There aren't any doors or windows down there though. When I was on Verizon, I always had service in my basement.

Not too big a deal for me though, found a spot on my couch in the basement where I sit to get 1 bar haha.

Posted via CB10
    Buy a wireless extender. cheap'ish and effective.

Posted via CB10
    lonestar1135 likes this.
    10-22-14 07:52 AM
    Switching to AT&T is unfortunately not an option
    10-23-14 01:36 PM
    It stinks. Where I am, only Verizon works in my house. AT&T and T-Mobile work well outside, but I can't have a phone that doesn't work in my house!

Posted via Rosco's Q10 on VZW from Philly
    10-23-14 01:39 PM