What is going on? I received a completely used Passport with all the protective stickers removed from Amazon a bit over a month ago.

And i tried ordering again (hoping that they'd get their inventory sorted out after the item went under review). New Passport arrived in the mail. All the stickers had been clearly reapplied haphazardly, air bubbles and all askew. The keys were beginning to shine from use.

And to top it off, the buttons are still loose and jangly.

What is going on at Amazon with these Passports? I've literally returned 4 of them in the past two months (this will be the fourth). Is it even possible to find a factory new passport anymore?
    07-18-15 11:03 AM
    I am shocked to hear this news about Amazon. I bought my Passport from Amazon and luckily, it is a great piece.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 11:13 AM
    I got it in December 2014.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 11:14 AM
    There just cycling you thru the same ones over and over. Pay attention to the SSID number.
    Plus at this point I doubt they will send you a totally new one. They are going to treat it like a warranty exchange.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 11:21 AM
    Are you selecting new or used, have gotten phones from Amazon and always in pristine conditions.
    anon(55900) and MO3iusONE like this.
    07-18-15 11:24 AM
    Are you selecting new or used, have gotten phones from Amazon and always in pristine conditions.
    New. This wasn't even a replacement device. I'm going to give Amazon a call and see what the deal is. But this may be the last Amazon blackberry I try.
    07-18-15 01:13 PM
    Same here. Amazon (UK) sent me a very used Blackberry, even had a Sony charger.

To be fair they apologised, discounted 10% off and sent me a new one. But it was annoying.
    07-18-15 02:09 PM
    Happened to me as well. Sad, and fraudulent.
    07-18-15 03:17 PM
    I got a new one a few days ago,still getting used to it. I got it from the employee purchase plan. I know someone.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:36 PM
    Are you guys buying directly from amazon or thru one of their vendors? Amazon is so good I got a pair of Sony studio monitors and I simply asked if their is a way of telling if they were counterfeit and they didn't even answer they gave me a refund and told me to do what I wanted with the monitors which wasn't even the reason why I contacted them to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:51 PM
    Are you guys buying directly from amazon or thru one of their vendors? Amazon is so good I got a pair of Sony studio monitors and I simply asked if their is a way of telling if they were counterfeit and they didn't even answer they gave me a refund and told me to do what I wanted with the monitors which wasn't even the reason why I contacted them to begin with.
    Amazon will help you regardless, as long as it's either directly through them or Fulfilled by Amazon, meaning a 3rd party seller is selling the item but the order is fulfilled, packaged, and shipped through Amazon's warehouse.

Regardless, an item listed as NEW should be NEW, not USED. And secondly, this has happened for people purchasing new Passports through Amazon directly, through Fulfilled by Amazon, through Shop BlackBerry, and through 3rd party vendors.

There's just so many times you can pull the "It's because you didn't purchase directly through Amazon" card. Bull****, it's BlackBerry's subpar quality control.
    07-18-15 04:08 PM
    Again, this was a New Item purchased from Amazon itself (not a third party seller).
    07-18-15 04:44 PM
    I have ordered a couple of BlackBerry phones from Amazon in the last couple of months and both were brand new. I have never heard that happening before. Always great service for me.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    07-18-15 04:49 PM
    Again, this was a New Item purchased from Amazon itself (not a third party seller).
    Case and point. When it happened to me I purchased a brand new Passport, just like yours, but it was FBA. Everyone in the thread screamed, "that's what you get for not buying it directly through Amazon!" I argued, why would a seller with thousands upon thousands of purchases and 99.9% positive feedback in 2015 alone go through the hassle, try to scam a customer, and possibly ruin his reputation over one smartphone?

Your experience just proved my point: it's BlackBerry.
    07-18-15 04:50 PM
    Oh I certainly agree. Let's see what I get from DigitalRiver this time around. No other manufacturer would allow this to occur.
    07-18-15 04:58 PM
    Return it to amazon they have an excellent return policy no hassles it is disappointing that it happened though

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 05:09 PM
    Return it to amazon they have an excellent return policy no hassles it is disappointing that it happened though

Posted via CB10
    Yes, we all know that, but that's not the point.
    07-18-15 05:14 PM
    This whole business about receiving used BBs that are labeled as new from Amazon or its affiliates (as opposed to independent dealers of used equipment who contract as sellers of used equipment through Amazon) sounds bizarre to me. Not to say it isn't true, but I have received three Passports from Amazon in the past 7 months, all of which have been clearly new and unused. The first one was great for 5 months until the USB port got loose. I returned it, and the second one had Bluetooth connection problems as described here by myself and many others, so I returned that one, and got a third PP which I'm using now and which is perfect (so far).

I've done my best to track the returned second PP. I left a note on the lock screen to contact me, and after wiping it I re-signed in with my BB ID, passworded it and put on BB Protect, and have looked from time to time to see if anyone ever connected it with wifi before wiping it so that I could track it. I've even sent it a message via BBM--no response. I tried my best to get Amazon to coordinate its return to BlackBerry to see what the BB people find on it--no luck there.

I have no idea what happens to a returned BB once Amazon gets it back. Presumably they send it to BlackBerry for testing and refurbishing. If BlackBerry did get it and tested it, there would be no way they would know that there was a Bluetooth connection problem with it without actually trying to connect a BT device to it, and one that didn't work with that Passport. The BBVE test showed nothing wrong with Bluetooth. So I suppose it's possible that BlackBerry could test it, decide there was nothing wrong with it, and then sell it as "refurbished." Would they sell it directly, or through DR, or through Amazon? I have no idea, but I doubt Amazon itself would ever sell a Passport to someone as "new" if they knew it was refurbished--that's not their modus operandi.

So the whole thing remains a mystery--maybe I'll hear something someday. Maybe John Chen is using my old Passport himself, but if so, I hope he's not attempting to connect BT devices to it. He's welcome to contact me, as well.
    07-18-15 06:33 PM
    when you buy through Amazon make sure the item is through Amazon or "fullfilled" through Amazon,not some third party vendor. Anything else and your asking for trouble.
    07-18-15 07:24 PM
    when you buy through Amazon make sure the item is through Amazon or "fullfilled" through Amazon,not some third party vendor. Anything else and your asking for trouble.
    Definitely. Always. For anything electronic, especially.
    07-18-15 08:02 PM
    Guys, this is literally not the issue here. The item was sold by Amazon itself.
    07-19-15 08:46 AM
    Guys, this is literally not the issue here. The item was sold by Amazon itself.
    I believe you completely, and think this should be pursued with Amazon by demanding an "escalation" to get closer to management than you are with the low level, outsourced, customer service people who can only say, "We'll send you another one." That response is necessary but insufficient on their part. It means that if you catch them at something they're quick to make good on it, and then the customer gets off their backs.

I realize it's tough to budge a Goliath like Amazon, but you could make some noise about it. For one thing, you could write a nasty one star review on the Passport sales site, noting what happened, and making clear it isn't the Passport itself you're complaining about. A lot of people read the one star reviews, because they are the ones that show the flaws in a product, if there are any.
    07-19-15 11:03 AM
    Escalating with Amazon won't fix the problem if BlackBerry is recycling used devices.
    07-19-15 07:25 PM
    Escalating with Amazon won't fix the problem if BlackBerry is recycling used devices.
    Yes, but don't you think Amazon would want to know that?
    07-19-15 09:23 PM
    Yes, but don't you think Amazon would want to know that?
    Here's the thing though, they don't really care. I heavily documented my brand new, actually used, Passport. I took pictures of the box, the phone, everything.

I asked repeatedly with the chat agent to send the photos to him and to please provide me with information for a supervisor. He told me all he could do was refund me and provide a shipping label, but promised me I would receive follow up contact to gather more information.

I never received any emails or phone calls.
    lift likes this.
    07-19-15 09:43 PM
51 123