Blackberry do NOT understand customer needs. And that they need customers - or die.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 03:56 AM
    Wow, I can understand why the OP is upset. If i get a device in that condition i would just swap the back with mine before sending it back, granted it is not too hard to do.
    I was thinking of doing that, I have the tools.

But I want it to go back so they can see exactly what they sent me. I put a note in the box so they can read it then see for themselves. It's not like a dead pixel where it could be hard to see. It's clearly a physically damaged phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 05:12 AM
    Blackberry do NOT understand customer needs. And that they need customers - or die.

Posted via CB10
    I think they mostly do understand, this was just an example of how BlackBerry still has work to do. The advanced exchange concept shows that they understand, but to get a device that's clearly been used and damaged isn't good. It's embarrassing for BlackBerry, like a restaurant serving food with a hair in it. Not an everyday thing, but still bad.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 05:14 AM
    I think they mostly do understand, this was just an example of how BlackBerry still has work to do. The advanced exchange concept shows that they understand, but to get a device that's clearly been used and damaged isn't good. It's embarrassing for BlackBerry, like a restaurant serving food with a hair in it. Not an everyday thing, but still bad.

Posted via CB10
    This RMA experience is a bit more than just "hair" in his/her soup! If Blackberry do understand, they do not put it into practice. No wonder Apple destroyed their market share.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 05:48 AM
    One more thing, are you sure this "advance replacement" is not just a temporary phone you will use until yours is repaired?

I just can't believe BB would be OK with sending out such phone unless it's a temporary replacement. If this is the case, they do really need to re-examine their process.
    05-03-15 10:44 AM
    One more thing, are you sure this "advance replacement" is not just a temporary phone you will use until yours is repaired?

I just can't believe BB would be OK with sending out such phone unless it's a temporary replacement. If this is the case, they do really need to re-examine their process.
    Yeah, this is definitely the one they tried to replace mine with. I've done these before, and they send the replacement and you're supposed to put yours back in the box and send it back. I've never heard of them doing a loaner phone type of program. I'd understand if that were the case though.
    05-03-15 12:54 PM
    OP That sucks.

It's unfortunate for BlackBerry that BlackBerry's business style and products are what they are and won't change anytime soon. If a customer is unhappy with BlackBerry's product or services simply demonstrate that unhappiness with their pocket book. Simply walk away from BlackBerry...easy to do really. 10's of Millions have already led the way.
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-03-15 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pretty bad, and scary. I'm starting to get worried now about the double typing thing, yikes. Hopefully I don't get it with the Passport as I don't want to have to go through that kind of hassle. Sorry to hear about your troubles, and I agree, they have to fix this. That device should never have been offered up as a refurbished unit and BlackBerry needs to investigate their quality control guidelines.
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-03-15 06:56 PM
    I'm in the middle of trying to get my Passport replaced. This doesn't sound very promising.

My Passport is fine other than a weird splotch that is slightly brighter than the rest of the screen and a dead pixel that appeared out of nowhere. I'm trying to exchange it because I'm afraid the screen will continue to deteriorate. But I can probably put up with weird screen defects easier than a busted up phone like that one! I guess I'll see with the one they send me.
    Posted via Tapatalk/1520
    05-03-15 07:30 PM
    I was thinking of doing that, I have the tools.

But I want it to go back so they can see exactly what they sent me. I put a note in the box so they can read it then see for themselves. It's not like a dead pixel where it could be hard to see. It's clearly a physically damaged phone.

Posted via CB10
    Chances are the department that receives the phone is different from the one that sent the replacement. And one never speaks to the other.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 07:39 PM
    Change the back of the replacement unit with yours. Send the damaged cover back to them along with the damaged usint. Include pictures of your back and advise you exchanged them as yours is pristine and scuff free.
    Removing the back would void the warranty would it not? As you are technically taking it apart

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 08:19 PM
36 12