Hi, Everyone,

Just had my Passport's network radio die on me just like what happened here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-passport-f434/really-need-help-my-passport-will-not-connect-mobile-network-1039750/

My Passport was an original, purchased direct from Blackberry Shop in October 2014.

I've tried everything. Verified the SIM works in other phones, also that other SIMs don't work in the Blackberry. Numerous reboots, as well as toggling the network, airplane mode, and manual network selection. Did a complete security wipe and factory reset.

I called Blackberry Support to get their ideas but they told me that since my device is out of warranty, it would be $35 for them to even evaluate the situation. I get it, I'm out of warranty, and I'm completely willing to pay for a repair, but I'm not going to give you $35 to tell me what I already know and hear that a repair is the same as a new phone.

I love my Passport; it is by far the best phone I have ever used and I thought I would be sticking with it an OS10 until it died. I figured if I could trust Blackberry with anything it would be build quality but apparently that was incorrect.

I know there's a possibility that I just got a lemon, but before I commit hundreds of dollars to a phone, I'm just wondering if any other Passport owners can weigh in on whether or not you think it would be worth it. If I'm going to have to drop money on a phone because it dies every year and a half, I may as well get an iPhone.

Thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
    04-17-16 04:59 PM
    Phone 'worth' is on you. No one else can speak to that really, unless you're just looking for someone to convince you into buying another Passport. At the end of the day, it's your money. Put it into where you see the value.
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-17-16 05:46 PM
    As with Bla1ze, I am all about everything I purchase being value added. If the value is there and I feel my money is well spent, then I buy it, if not I don't.
    04-17-16 06:08 PM
    What Ron means is that it is time to get a PP Silver Edition ...
    04-17-16 07:18 PM
    Hi Cracknerry question, unfortunately enough people are willing to separate from there Passport. Maybe a smaller financial step and buy a second hand?
    04-18-16 03:57 AM