I believe you OP.

I just finally got a good Passport after 3 attempts.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I'll be the first to admit that even I am surprised with just how many lemons I got. This last one was the cherry on top of the cake. How does someone at the assembly line not notice that two rubber domes have collapsed is beyond me.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:08 AM
    Within 3 months period here what happened with some of my electronic devices. Me and my friends even making fun of it, however it is not funny. I wanna tell you upfront I am very gentle with my electronics.
    1. My Samsung Smart TV's Bluetooth stop working no 3D glasses or remote control connection, eventually I ordered the Bluetooth replacement part and fix it myself. (purchased at Best Buy)
    2. My Surface pro 3 touch screen stop working within a week, got it replaced by Microsoft (by the way the new one has heating issue and battery life is shorter than the original one) (purchased at Best Buy)
    3. My Bits that I got as a gift, stop taking a charge within 3 weeks. Got replaced at Best Buy. The new one slipped from my hand from 5 in height and while it was partially in my hand it hit the counter top and guess what can't turn it on or charge it. Still need to replace it.
    4. My PS4' HDD after 9 months of use went kaput. I spoke with Sony (the only way to get it fixed was to send the whole unit vs sending the HDD) and since I can't stay without Battlefield 4 I decided to grab my old laptop HDD and stick it in to PS4. (Purchased at Amazon)
    5. My Samsung's dryer touch screen was malfunctioning. It took Samsung 6 moths and 4 technicians from 3 different subcontracting firms to fix the problem. finally I got a guy who really was understanding what he was doing. When he changed the panel he left the old one with me and he told me that this is a Samsung 's policy (purchased at US Appliance)
    6. And finally my GE gas oven is malfunctioning I am guessing it is thermostat. (not fixed yet, it is my next project)
    7. oh by the way my old z10 microphone is not working and I am planing to order a replacement part on eBay.

Long story short s**t happens and you can't do anything with it. in last 10 years I probably had way less issues with my electronics than within this 3 months. what is the odds of getting struck by lightning? 1:700,000 or what is the odds of winning a lottery? 1:259 million, hey, but some people do get killed by lightning or do get lucky with the lottery tickets. I do believe the OP. I wish you good luck with the replacement .
    11-11-14 01:41 AM
    Simple.... Pictures! - or it never happened!

<sarcasm>How unlucky must the rest of your life be? How are your cars? </sarcasm>

I really hope you had just bad luck there... cause 7...
    11-11-14 02:09 AM
    I've had my share of faulty brand new Androids and bloated batteries. Nothing new here, just a bad batch of the 0.5% defective rate for smartphones. A lot of stuff can also happen during shipping.
    11-11-14 03:15 AM
    I've had my share of faulty brand new Androids and bloated batteries. Nothing new here, just a bad batch of the 0.5% defective rate for smartphones. A lot of stuff can also happen during shipping.
    Possible. I'm thinking though that BlackBerry is rushing the production. This device was boxed on 31-10-2014. This will lead to increased defect rate.

Simple.... Pictures! - or it never happened!

<sarcasm>How unlucky must the rest of your life be? How are your cars? </sarcasm>

I really hope you had just bad luck there... cause 7...
    Well, it may be hard to take a picture of a non actuating key

Cars are great, thanks

Finally, I do hope that's the case. I'm just weary of the replacement process.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-11-14 03:45 AM
    I have been in the manufacturing sector for 30 years and have built automation for very thing from building cars, trucks, toothpaste, bowling balls and so on and you are always going to have some defects.

What I do question is that most manufacturers have checking devices. I.e laser devices to verify quality and dimensional control, so I seriously doubt that someone received 6-7 defective devices in a row.
    Kimberella likes this.
    11-11-14 05:24 AM
    And????? Lol!!
    11-11-14 08:10 AM
    Why are surprised ? Why should anyone believe anything you say at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Just dive into the OP's post history.

No cred!
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-11-14 08:17 AM
    Not one single picture of your defects posted. Why not post the pics and document your experience?
    bakron1 and Dave Bourque like this.
    11-11-14 08:29 AM
    Not one single picture of your defects posted. Why not post the pics and document your experience?
    I agree, with the quality control and inspection processes these manufactures have in place today, I seriously doubt that someone received 6-7 defective units in a row, not going to happen, period.
    11-11-14 08:35 AM
    Possible. I'm thinking though that BlackBerry is rushing the production. This device was boxed on 31-10-2014. This will lead to increased defect rate.
    Pure speculation... that's what you think is going on... why do you post that as if it's known knowledge...
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-11-14 08:39 AM
    I did document my experience, including detailed pictures of the disassembled phone in the case of the device whose screen came undone. Of course the "pictures or it didn't happen" crew would like me to take a picture of everything, yes, but I am wondering, how do I take a picture of keys with collapsed domes? Last I checked pictures or videos can't capture how keys feel

Of course though, none of this matters as I am certainly lying as demonstrated by several very knowledgeable people in this thread. As always, this is supported by such powerful evidence as "I don't believe it, so you must be lying", "no cred", "I work in the manufacturing sector and my mom's a QC technician", and let's not forget elementary probability, because of course as we all know probability dictates that those events with low probability never occur.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1, sentimentGX4 and Evindzer like this.
    11-11-14 10:25 AM
    Lol seriously OP something is wrong ie BlackBerry doesn't like you therefore keeps sending you faulty devices.

You must have really pissed off the BlackBerry gods lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 11:15 AM
    Uploaded a video to MEGA showing the issue. Not the best video or voiceover, still quite sick, but it will do.
    11-11-14 04:19 PM
    Incidentally, it CAN happen. I remember getting 4 faulty Palm Pre in a row before I got a good one. One had the touch screen go non responsive a week in and the others had Oreo.

It's a testimony to how much I loved the Pre (and you like the Passport) that you're still trying. I'll be honest, at this point I'd probably throw in the towel...
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-11-14 05:17 PM
    DejanH has another thread about splitting screen and he fixed it himself. Then he still has another phone that he is having difficulty with in the RMA process.

So I guess he figured out the RMA process if he was able to get 6 passports in a row, replaced. I thought it took you weeks for a return/RMA to be processed. And maybe BlackBerry suddenly became responsive and replaced his BlackBerry five times in a row. I remember it well since my passport was days old when I read his thread and at that time he was still having problems getting BlackBerry to replace his passport. Two and a half weeks later he has 5 replacements?

I do believe DejanH has a defective passport, but 5 in a row?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 05:48 PM
    Incidentally, it CAN happen. I remember getting 4 faulty Palm Pre in a row before I got a good one. One had the touch screen go non responsive a week in and the others had Oreo.

It's a testimony to how much I loved the Pre (and you like the Passport) that you're still trying. I'll be honest, at this point I'd probably throw in the towel...
    I never give up lol. The Passport that I'm using right now is the one that I had to repair the screen on. I'm not 100% happy knowing that I'm using a repaired device, but it works for now. If I happen to get lucky with one of these new ones I'll keep that one and sell the one where I repaired the screen at a discount. Since I flipped a bunch of Passports already I made some extra cash, so even if I deeply discounted the repaired Passport I would have still gotten my primary device for around $500-ish.
    11-11-14 05:56 PM
    DejanH has another thread about splitting screen and he fixed it himself. Then he still has another phone that he is having difficulty with in the RMA process.

So I guess he figured out the RMA process if he was able to get 6 passports in a row, replaced. I thought it took you weeks for a return/RMA to be processed. And maybe BlackBerry suddenly became responsive and replaced his BlackBerry five times in a row. I remember it well since my passport was days old when I read his thread and at that time he was still having problems getting BlackBerry to replace his passport. Two and a half weeks later he has 5 replacements?

I do believe DejanH has a defective passport, but 5 in a row?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, not 5 replacements. You guys are getting all confused, but it's understandable. It's a lot to absorb.

Originally I bought one Passport only for myself. That one had an issue with a sticky key and I got it replaced under Telus warranty (within 15 days of purchase). That was an easy replacement. I then bought another one from Telus and sold the one that came back from and RMA from Telus, while returning the defective one to Telus. The one that came back from the Telus RMA was the only Passport that truly did not have issues, but I sold that one. That's 3 so far. Then I bought two more from Shop BlackBerry during the coupongate. This makes 5. Around the same time when I received the Shop BlackBerry units the screen separated on the second Telus unit that I kept resulting in now two more units that had issues. Now I had 2 problem devices, one with more severe light bleed and one device with minor light bleed. I tried to get the device with the screen problem replaced through BlackBerry - no dice, through Telus - no dice. I also tried to replace one defective Shop BlackBerry device with a new one but they would not issue a replacement. My wife decided to keep one unit despite the minor light bleed, which left me with one unit that had more pronounced light bleed and a sticky key, and a device that had the faulty screen. The Shop BlackBerry device eventually found a buyer on Craigslist who could live with the issues, leaving me with one device. In the meantime, Shop BlackBerry tentatively agreed to honor the original price I paid if I decide to re-buy another device, so I did that (mind you I still did not receive a refund). I received the 6th Passport just yesterday, only to find out that it too had problems which are posted in this thread.

So, to summarize.

1st Passport - Telus - Bad - Faulty Keyboard - Major Issue - Returned to Telus
    2nd Passport - Telus - Good at Time of Sale - Sold on Craigslist
    3rd Passport - Telus - Bad - Screen Separated - Major Issue - Kept to Today
    4th Passport - Shop BlackBerry - Bad - Light Bleed (Minor) - Minor Issue - Wife Kept
    5th Passport - Shop BlackBerry - Bad - Light Bleed (Moderate) - Moderate Issue - Sold on Craigslist
    6th Passport - Shop BlackBerry - Bad - Faulty Keyboard - Major Issue - Status Unresolved
    11-11-14 06:41 PM
    "I work in the manufacturing sector and my mom's a QC technician", and let's not forget elementary probability, because of course as we all know probability dictates that those events with low probability never occur.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

The probabilities of you as an individual getting seven consecutive defective phones is as close to zero percent as you can get.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:09 PM
    So, to summarize.

4th Passport - Shop BlackBerry - Bad - Light Bleed (Minor) - Minor Issue - Wife Kept
    5th Passport - Shop BlackBerry - Bad - Light Bleed (Moderate) - Moderate Issue - Sold on Craigslist
    6th Passport - Shop BlackBerry - Bad - Faulty Keyboard - Major Issue - Status Unresolved
    ...........attention received in 100+ posts...................PRICELESS!

LOL, what a forum.
    11-11-14 08:19 PM
    Can someone explain to me or give me an example of light bleeding? I have an idea of what it is but I can't look at my own passport and check given so far it's been perfect. Does the device come with the light bleed or is it a progressive issue?

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-11-14 08:27 PM
    Can someone explain to me or give me an example of light bleeding? I have an idea of what it is but I can't look at my own passport and check given so far it's been perfect. Does the device come with the light bleed or is it a progressive issue?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-bleed-972462/

I know i saw better picture of this on the forum but this was all i saw at first glance
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-11-14 08:34 PM
    How do you get 6 Passports in a few days when most of us couldn't get 1?

Z10 STL 100-3 OS 10.3.1.1016
    11-11-14 08:35 PM

Sadly there are very few actual examples of this phenomena but despite such shortage, there are 150 posts talking about it here on this forum.

Kudos to you for being in the right place for diagnosing such an anomaly.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:42 PM
    Nope, not 5 replacements. You guys are getting all confused, but it's understandable. It's a lot to absorb.

Originally I bought one Passport only for myself. That one had an issue with a sticky key and I got it replaced under Telus warranty (within 15 days of purchase). That was an easy replacement. I then bought another one from Telus and sold the one that came back from and RMA from Telus, while returning the defective one to Telus. The one that came back from the Telus RMA was the only Passport that truly did not have issues, but I sold that one. That's 3 so far. Then I bought two more from Shop BlackBerry during the coupongate. This makes 5. Around the same time when I received the Shop BlackBerry units the screen separated on the second Telus unit that I kept resulting in now two more units that had issues. Now I had 2 problem devices, one with more severe light bleed and one device with minor light bleed. I tried to get the device with the screen problem replaced through BlackBerry - no dice, through Telus - no dice. I also tried to replace one defective Shop BlackBerry device with a new one but they would not issue a replacement. My wife decided to keep one unit despite the minor light bleed, which left me with one unit that had more pronounced light bleed and a sticky key, and a device that had the faulty screen. The Shop BlackBerry device eventually found a buyer on Craigslist who could live with the issues, leaving me with one device. In the meantime, Shop BlackBerry tentatively agreed to honor the original price I paid if I decide to re-buy another device, so I did that (mind you I still did not receive a refund). I received the 6th Passport just yesterday, only to find out that it too had problems which are posted in this thread.

So, to summarize.

Why did you sell the good one? And in another thread you created you said Telus and BlackBerry wouldn't replace your device. When in fact they did replace your first device. At that thread somebody was already saying that there's something you are not divulging.

At any rate your problems could have already ended here:
    2nd Passport - Telus - Good at Time of Sale (Don't sell it).
    End of problem.

Why did you have to complicate things. Sorry, something just doesn't add up. Are you a reseller of BlackBerry Passport? That would explain why you sold the good one and kept on buying.

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee and deiop like this.
    11-11-14 09:51 PM
131 1234 ...