Hey, I'm back again!
    6 defective/ returns is a totally unnecessary hassle for sure. I thought the one whose screen you fixed yourself would be the end of this!

On a lighter note, have you ever worked with/ at any company in the supply chain? Someone might have a past grudge with you! Or does the courier company play football with your package, kicking it up the street till your home? LoL! ;-) :-)

CB10 @ Q5
    dejanh likes this.
    11-12-14 04:14 PM
    your really must buy a lotery ticket and don't buy any pet.

I feel sorry for you, but forget the Passport and buy a samsung Xcover

Send from my Passport
    11-12-14 04:22 PM
    i don't see anything wrong with expecting a higher level of precision and craftsmanship when you plunk down $600 for a product. I to, am very particular about my products. Little things like that light bleed would drive me crazy once I noticed it. It would be the only thing I saw every time I looked at the keyboard.
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-12-14 04:28 PM
    Wait a sec.... just as you're speaking of resale value, I remember having a discussion with you on the Passport's pricing prior to its launch I guess. You were that ultra phone nerd who purchases and resales like 10 phones a year, right?

Well we can end this really quickly:
    Those phones aren't flawed by BlackBerry's and many other poeple's standards. They're just flawed by your standards. One could call it nitpicking. 'Flaws' and 'defects' nobody other than would actually notice and see as such. In other words: the 5 'defective' Passports you sent back make 5 other customers happy.

Guys with standards like yours do exist. I remember BlackBerry Bold 9900 or 9700 reviews on Amazon back in the day. My first and only unit was flawless, as were those of my friends. Reviews on Amazon were fairly good. But you'd have one or two under those 100+ mostly happy reviewers, that gave 1 or 2 stars because they sent the device back 6-10 times and always got a 'defective' unit, no matter what.

You have two options: give up or keep searching for that one perfect device. But be sure it can take another 20 attempts.

Posted via CB10
    He actually sold his defective passport with moderate light bleeding for a profit of $100 to $150. With a selling price of roughly $900.

So I guess for the buyer to purchase it from the OP at that price would mean that the buyer didn't see any defects.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:29 PM
    i don't see anything wrong with expecting a higher level of precision and craftsmanship when you plunk down $600 for a product. I to, am very particular about my products. Little things like that light bleed would drive me crazy once I noticed it. It would be the only thing I saw every time I looked at the keyboard.
    Yes it's true. But with the nature of keyboards, backlight bleeding or uneven backlight will always occur. Try looking at your Macbook Air or any laptop for that matter. Turn off the light and you will notice uneven light bleeding from the backlit keys or even from the sides and sometimes the ports. Some are worse than the others. That is the nature of keyboards. Because space is needed for the keyboard to be depressed. If they couldn't even perfect a full size keyboard, how much more a compact unit as the passport.

Again try looking at your $1000+ laptops and you will get a better perspective and a more realistic expectation of your device.

The OP had a problem with the screen and that's the bigger issue. The bleeding light near/around the keyboard I would consider that to be normal. As did his buyer(who bought the phone with moderate light bleeding) and even his wife who used the phone with mild bleeding.

It's within his right to return those phone. We're just trying to make sense of how he can be so unlucky and will continue to be unlucky if he considers these as defects.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 05:08 PM
    Wow! I wish I would have seen this before I ordered my Passport! Was kinda thinking it was too good to be true.

Well with any kind of luck my order cancellation went through with Shop BlackBerry, If not it's going to be a return to sender. Cause there's no way I'm going to put up with all the BS to get it replaced.

Oh well! Lesson learned.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:18 PM
    Wow! I wish I would have seen this before I ordered my Passport! Was kinda thinking it was too good to be true.

Well with any kind of luck my order cancellation went through with Shop BlackBerry, If not it's going to be a return to sender. Cause there's no way I'm going to put up with all the BS to get it replaced.

Oh well! Lesson learned.

Posted via CB10
    Oh lord! Sniff Sniff. Welcome to the forums !
    11-12-14 07:25 PM

Oh well! Lesson learned.

Posted via CB10
    Lesson learned? From who? The 300 or the 4?

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and Spawn12 like this.
    11-12-14 08:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Note...first post

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-12-14 08:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol! Yeah from the 4 who actually posted about the issues.

NOT! the 300 hundered that will defend it to no end, as I am sure that if yours happens to suddenly have the same issues by chance, you would not come back to this post and express your concerns.

I'm not bashing the product, just stating that it's not for me.

Note......2nd post!
    11-12-14 09:22 PM

Note......2nd post!
    Noted! Thx for shopping shop blackberry!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-12-14 09:27 PM
    Lol! Yeah from the 4 who actually posted about the issues.

NOT! the 300 hundered that will defend it to no end, as I am sure that if yours happens to suddenly have the same issues by chance, you would not come back to this post and express your concerns.

I'm not bashing the product, just stating that it's not for me.

Note......2nd post!
    All I'm saying is you have one person who is claiming they have gone through 6 passports when most people can get their hands on one. More than likely that person is yanking everyone's chain or for lack of better words is trolling..and you would consider their opinion over 400 happy blackberry owners? So that's the way you roll and you have two posts here?? it leads me to think you are in the same category as the OP.

11-12-14 09:39 PM
    I'm not offended. It is insane. Believe me, they're not sending me bad devices on purpose. This was a fully factory sealed, original tape, device. It was built just a few days ago. Now, either I'm super anal (I am very picky with electronics) or honestly the QC is just not up to par for my standards.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah sorry for your bad luck. I received my Passport last night from Rogers and it looks and feels A1. Even my keyboard is evenly lit up!

My build date is Nov 3rd.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-12-14 10:06 PM
    All I'm saying is you have one person who is claiming they have gone through 6 passports when most people can get their hands on one. More than likely that person is yanking everyone's chain or for lack of better words is trolling..and you would consider their opinion over 400 happy blackberry owners? So that's the way you roll and you have two posts here?? it leads me to think you are in the same category as the OP.

Not sure why you think the passport is so hard to get, Telus stores throughout Edmonton AB all have inventory
    11-12-14 10:22 PM
    I for one bought my passport on the release day and exactly 39 days later my screen started to lift from the bottom right corner. It was never dropped or abused in any shape, way or form. Blackberry has always been my phone of choice for about 15 years now. But I really think that the way a lot of you bash anyone who claims to have a defective product is really quite silly. Blackberry itself has refused to stand by their own product when I called and told them about it. They didn't ask for pictures or ask for me to send it to them. The quite obviously wanted nothing to do with it. That speaks volumes on their confidence with the build of this phone.

The OP's video he posted clearly shows a defect with the keyboard so I have no reason other than to believe him. One thing that I was surprised about though is that none of you guys accused him of using Hollywood special effects to trick us in the video.

You guys really need to chill. At the end of the day Blackberry is not paying your rent. Love your phone all you want but remember...its just a phone.
    11-12-14 10:30 PM
    Good to hear it's all better. Mine has always been in very good shape. Well built.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-14 10:44 PM
    @Carjackd - honestly, if you don't like what I'm posting please don't participate in my threads. I've been as transparent as you can be and posted pictures and even video evidence. There is no "nonsense" or made up stuff. We've even established exactly how many devices and what types of defects. 3 had true defects, 2 had what I consider defects, but passable to some. That's 5/6 defective for my standards, and 3/6 defective no matter the standards. There isn't a way you can spin keys that don't work or the screen that separates from the frame as "not a defect".

So please, have a little more sense. You're a veteran of this forum and it's embarrassing to see such low level trolling from somebody as seasoned as you. Have some sense and please stop taking the thread off topic.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:01 PM
    It is a problem...

I had it...

Resolved...

But come one, double sided adhesive tape and heat...

More cases reported frequently....

Laugh when yours comes loose next?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:16 PM
    I have the same issue with my passport I got it just today.

I am very disappointed to blackberry for their QC.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 04:03 AM
    This is a prelude to the Chinese invading. They want all of our electronic equipment to fail, so for the last 3 months they have been building duds and shipping them here.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    11-13-14 04:50 AM
    I'm going to reply to myself here for a moment. Maybe this is an opportunity in disguise. Maybe I should do BlackBerry surgery, extract the keyboard and guts from my device with the split screen, transplant it onto the new device, and then assemble one solidly bad device to return to BlackBerry. I'd finally have an issue free Passport! There's a thought

If I sound a bit irked, it's because I am. How can the product QC be this shoddy, for real?

Posted via CB10
    Don't bother. I went through two devices from BlackBerry and their RMA department before I gave up and got refunded. This was at launch.

You want the new Amazon batch of devices. I'm on my second one from them, and it finally feels well built. The QC was abysmal on the first batch. All three of them had slightly misaligned frames, and all had keyboard issues and lightbleed issues. But this new one has a properly aligned frame and a good keyboard. A bit of lightbleed on the edges of the keyboard, but I figure it's as good as it gets.

I feel for you OP. Just hang in there.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh and reeneebob like this.
    11-13-14 05:14 AM
    When brand new devices are launched by any manufacturer of any product, aren't there usually plenty of problems that need to be sorted out given they never worked with that specific hardware before?

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-13-14 05:22 AM

Oh well! Lesson learned.

Posted via CB10
    You cancelled your order because you were that terrified of having the same issues? This is my very first passport and I have zero issues. That goes for many other people in these forums. And another thing. Seems like when. People are buying their devices directly from blackberry, they're having more issues than when buying from amazon. Amazon is also much better with returns. They'll send you a replacement before you send your returned item. How can they do that? Well, if you don't return your phone, they'll just charge you twice for it lol

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-13-14 05:25 AM
    Much appreciation to the OP. 1) for taking the time to post this, and 2) For remaining polite and continuing to respond to people's questions even though some of them have been obvious attempts at trolling the individual. I have been considering a passport and because of the lack of carrier support in my area would have to buy online. Because of this I am at the mercy of whatever is sent to me. Now, while I am still going to purchase a passport, I will wait a little while longer. I don't think it is too much to ask when you are spending 700-900 dollars to get a flawless device. Also I have not seen or read the OP's other threads or posts about such issues, but certainly will be following them now. It is kind of hard to believe that he has had that many but not beyond possible. I would just like to remind the naysayers of the first run xbox 360. There were more "defective " first run units than there were non defective. Just in case you've forgotten, these were all manufactured by a company called Foxconn. Now they figured out what the problem was and honored the units, but that was not without massive returns. Don't be so quick to judge, just saying

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob and stratax like this.
    11-13-14 06:07 AM
    @Carjackd - honestly, if you don't like what I'm posting please don't participate in my threads. I've been as transparent as you can be and posted pictures and even video evidence. There is no "nonsense" or made up stuff. We've even established exactly how many devices and what types of defects. 3 had true defects, 2 had what I consider defects, but passable to some. That's 5/6 defective for my standards, and 3/6 defective no matter the standards. There isn't a way you can spin keys that don't work or the screen that separates from the frame as "not a defect".

So please, have a little more sense. You're a veteran of this forum and it's embarrassing to see such low level trolling from somebody as seasoned as you. Have some sense and please stop taking the thread off topic.

Posted via CB10
    One or two defective devices seems completely rare but possible. 5 would be highly unlikely. I've kept on topic....that the probability of having 5 or 6 defective devices is almost next to none IMO.

The screen lifting event I can see, ish happens, now we have one person making their entire decision on a passport based on your "incredible string of bad luck". As a "veteran " i have seen way too much negativity in these threads especially a year or so . I feel bad if you are really going through 5 devices, but threads like this turn into Haven for for the haters. Yes, it's only a phone and people need to chill, but I'm a supporter of the underdog and with BlackBerry 's small bit of success with the Passport in come the folks that never post and start spreading ish!

Even if you happened to peel through a stock of defective devices via shop BlackBerry where are the others that would have received some of that stock?

I'm the owner of one perfect Passport, I've owned one perfect z30, one perfect z10, one perfect Bold, one perfect torch...the list goes on!

CerveloJohn likes this.
    11-13-14 08:17 AM
131 ... 23456