I think out of curiosity WE ALL would love to see some pics please!? Ive had mine since launch day and have ZERO issues....!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    11-11-14 10:16 PM
    Why did you sell the good one? And in another thread you created you said Telus and BlackBerry wouldn't replace your device. When in fact they did replace your first device. At that thread somebody was already saying that there's something you are not divulging.

At any rate your problems could have already ended here:
    1st Passport - Telus - Bad - Faulty Keyboard - Major Issue - Returned to Telus
    2nd Passport - Telus - Good at Time of Sale (Don't sell it).
    End of problem.

Why did you have to complicate things. Sorry, something just doesn't add up. Are you a reseller of BlackBerry Passport? That would explain why you sold the good one and kept on buying.

Posted via CB10
    No, Telus was the only one that replaced one device, the very first one, probably several weeks before the screen separation issues which neither BlackBerry nor Telus wanted to warranty. The first device was only a couple days old when I requested replacement so it was still within the return window. The one with the separating screen was about four weeks old when the problem occured. Well outside the return window. Honestly, you're just not following because there are so many devices involved. The only two devices that are relevant to the "BlackBerry won't honor the warranty" are #3 and #5 above. #6 may also become an issue, but that's up in the air right now and in Shop BlackBerry court. Even #5 was sort-of-ish resolved because (a) it sold anyway and (b) Shop BlackBerry agreed to honor the discounted pricing on a new device in lieu of the mess that transpired.

I buy and resell phones for fun, partly because it let's me try many different devices off contract, and partly because it is a hobby that makes me money. I don't see what's the relevance of this, but there it is again (I have stated it before as well). Initially, an unlocked Passport was selling way over the retail price. Each sale made me between $100 and $150.

As for why did I sell the good one? Hindsight is 20/20. How was I supposed to know that based on one lemon, the next four would be lemons too? This, of course, is a rhetorical question.

Does that help?

@yamahammer - Telus has tons and was initially selling them for $700. An unlock is $20. $800 all in, resell for ~$900. It's pretty much the same thing with iPhones or any other popular phone at launch. This was the first BlackBerry worth buying specifically for resale in a long time.

I think out of curiosity WE ALL would love to see some pics please!? Ive had mine since launch day and have ZERO issues....!

Pics have already been posted in the other thread. I even uploaded a video for this thread. The only pics I did not bother posting were the keyboard light bleed. If you need those feel free to ask anyone around and they should be able to oblige. There are already plenty of these posted.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 10:16 PM
    How do you get 6 Passports in a few days when most of us couldn't get 1?

Z10 STL 100-3 OS 10.3.1.1016
    You sir, have a point

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-11-14 11:32 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-bleed-972462/

I know i saw better picture of this on the forum but this was all i saw at first glance
    Is this a joke? It's nearly unnoticeable unless you're actively looking for a problem with the phone. Any problem.

11-11-14 11:34 PM
    You sir, have a point

No he doesn't, he had a question with subtext, and you could have saved the 10 seconds it took to post that reply if you only looked at the post above yours.

Is this a joke? It's nearly unnoticeable unless you're actively looking for a problem with the phone. Any problem.

Some of us use our phones at night. In a dark room the light bleed can be quite distracting. It's also hard to tell how severe the issue is or isn't from that photo being that it was taken in a lit environment.

Posted via CB10
    stratax likes this.
    11-12-14 12:05 AM
    "mountain out of a mole hill"
    11-12-14 12:08 AM
    This story is kinda like my employees who have returned their iphones6's. I believe five returned it once and one poor guy is on his 7th or possibly 8th time. I guess some just have bad luck is all.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    11-12-14 12:20 AM
    This story is kinda like my employees who have returned their iphones6's. I believe five returned it once and one poor guy is on his 7th or possibly 8th time. I guess some just have bad luck is all.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    Only difference is that Apple has orders of magnitude more devices in circulation. I do agree that my experience is probably a statistical outlier.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:31 AM
    No he doesn't, he had a question with subtext, and you could have saved the 10 seconds it took to post that reply if you only looked at the post above yours.

Some of us use our phones at night. In a dark room the light bleed can be quite distracting. It's also hard to tell how severe the issue is or isn't from that photo being that it was taken in a lit environment.

Posted via CB10
    I read the entire post, thanks. I don't reply to forum titles.

I asked for an example of it so I could see what was wrong. Nothing has been provided except for that picture of a passport in lit room. I don't doubt that people are having the problem. I never said that. I'm just curious as to how bad it is, what it looks like, how noticeable it is.

11-12-14 06:20 AM
    No, Telus was the only one that replaced one device, the very first one, probably several weeks before the screen separation issues which neither BlackBerry nor Telus wanted to warranty. The first device was only a couple days old when I requested replacement so it was still within the return window. The one with the separating screen was about four weeks old when the problem occured. Well outside the return window. Honestly, you're just not following because there are so many devices involved. The only two devices that are relevant to the "BlackBerry won't honor the warranty" are #3 and #5 above. #6 may also become an issue, but that's up in the air right now and in Shop BlackBerry court. Even #5 was sort-of-ish resolved because (a) it sold anyway and (b) Shop BlackBerry agreed to honor the discounted pricing on a new device in lieu of the mess that transpired.

I buy and resell phones for fun, partly because it let's me try many different devices off contract, and partly because it is a hobby that makes me money. I don't see what's the relevance of this, but there it is again (I have stated it before as well). Initially, an unlocked Passport was selling way over the retail price. Each sale made me between $100 and $150.

As for why did I sell the good one? Hindsight is 20/20. How was I supposed to know that based on one lemon, the next four would be lemons too? This, of course, is a rhetorical question.

Does that help?

@yamahammer - Telus has tons and was initially selling them for $700. An unlock is $20. $800 all in, resell for ~$900. It's pretty much the same thing with iPhones or any other popular phone at launch. This was the first BlackBerry worth buying specifically for resale in a long time.

Pics have already been posted in the other thread. I even uploaded a video for this thread. The only pics I did not bother posting were the keyboard light bleed. If you need those feel free to ask anyone around and they should be able to oblige. There are already plenty of these posted.

Posted via CB10
    It just odd to me, I work with a ROGERS corporate store and the 80 units they sold since launch NONE have come back DOA'S or with any of the defects posted!

I've actually looked into this as I was curious and so far no other corporate store in my area ALSO has had no DOA's or defected units either.

Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-12-14 at 09:48 PM.
    11-12-14 08:00 AM
    Interesting replies in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    I am rather shocked at the replies and likes and thanks being given out for posts which are basically ad hominem personal attacks. You have certainly had a run of bad units. I have seen posts on other fora for some people who have had to return four or so iPhones for QC reasons and saw no reason to doubt them. It can happen.

It's not a bad idea to take video and pics of your devices and send a summary to BBRY high command. Returns eat into profit and if they are having QC issues they really should know about it. Good luck.
    reeneebob, dejanh and stratax like this.
    11-12-14 08:41 AM
    I'm sorry but WHAT THE HELL is Light Bleeding.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:15 AM
    Nothing. Light from keys can be seen beside the keypad. Just trolls complaining about everything. Crazy if you ask me.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    Is this OP seriously this anal?
    Who cares if I see a little light behind the keypad?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:34 AM
    You're having terrible luck OP

I can not fault the build on mine?

I can't see any bleeding here, can you?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-12-14 10:49 AM
    I can't see any bleeding here, can you?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...a418a8fce1.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...65ae293b32.jpg

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    I wish the backlighting on my keyboard were as bright and even as on yours. I am debating as to whether to exchange for another one.
    11-12-14 11:00 AM
    I wish the backlighting on my keyboard were as bright and even as on yours. I am debating as to whether to exchange for another one.
    do you have pics of your issues? hoping we can get some good pics of light bleed for others to see
    11-12-14 11:14 AM
    They were posted. See a small little pin of light beside the keys where the keys end.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    11-12-14 11:15 AM
    I love my Passport, despite being flawed. It's crazy to assume that I have anything to gain by making up defects. I like flawless devices because they fetch the best price when resold. Even small faults kill resale value.

Posted via CB10
    Wait a sec.... just as you're speaking of resale value, I remember having a discussion with you on the Passport's pricing prior to its launch I guess. You were that ultra phone nerd who purchases and resales like 10 phones a year, right?

Well we can end this really quickly:
    Those phones aren't flawed by BlackBerry's and many other poeple's standards. They're just flawed by your standards. One could call it nitpicking. 'Flaws' and 'defects' nobody other than would actually notice and see as such. In other words: the 5 'defective' Passports you sent back make 5 other customers happy.

Guys with standards like yours do exist. I remember BlackBerry Bold 9900 or 9700 reviews on Amazon back in the day. My first and only unit was flawless, as were those of my friends. Reviews on Amazon were fairly good. But you'd have one or two under those 100+ mostly happy reviewers, that gave 1 or 2 stars because they sent the device back 6-10 times and always got a 'defective' unit, no matter what.

You have two options: give up or keep searching for that one perfect device. But be sure it can take another 20 attempts.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and howards like this.
    11-12-14 12:00 PM
    I am rather shocked at the replies and likes and thanks being given out for posts which are basically ad hominem personal attacks. You have certainly had a run of bad units. I have seen posts on other fora for some people who have had to return four or so iPhones for QC reasons and saw no reason to doubt them. It can happen.

It's not a bad idea to take video and pics of your devices and send a summary to BBRY high command. Returns eat into profit and if they are having QC issues they really should know about it. Good luck.
    I've sent an email to Shop BlackBerry support with a link to the video I made. I've also documented the issues with the two other devices in my other thread. It would be nice to get a more representative tally of just how many users have experienced issues with the display splitting and keyboard keys. Having some consolidated information would allow us to communicate to BlackBerry more effectively. Unfortunately it's tough to get that tally because most people who experience issues won't post on the forum here. Couple this with the nonsense on this forum where a fair number of regulars are more interested in trolling than helping identify a potentially vital issue, and you have a pretty difficult scenario on your hands. Clearly there is some sort of problem, particularly with the screen issues. It's too much coincidence that the problems occurred for multiple people basically in the exact same way. The question is how severe will it get over time.

@--TommesJay-- - two of the devices are passable under someone else's standards. Hence why my wife kept one, and I managed to sell the other. The other three had true defects. Two had non working keys, and one the screen split and I fixed it and still use that device. I am picky with my phones, but that's not the issue with 3/6 of the phones. 3/6 are true defects in all sense of the word.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:39 PM
    Personally I would try to find a good support name/email/number at BlackBerry. I would then open a case with all my units, include all documentation and see what the result was (I know you have done some of this on some level). If the case was not handled properly (or to my liking) I would escalate to the next level, rinse repeat until I was satisfied. Sometimes you just hit a brick wall with support where you HAVE to escalate to the next level.

I am dealing with something from a circuit vendor (one of the big companies) with updating a piece of networking equipment that I have never managed at all (was here for the install). They claim they don't manage the router, though they supplied it, and I assumed (it seems incorrectly) that this was a fully managed circuit, clearly the equipment they supplied isn't (this has been installed for over 3 years). So I have to run through a series of check on this router. Not really a big deal, but hey! I don't have the id/passwords, cause yeah, I never got them from there install tech and well thought it was a managed device, so I didn't expect them. So some good fights on the support ticket with them claiming I was given passwords and its 90 buck for them to do the checks/work remotely. So now I am waiting to see what their next course of action is, because I am being held hostage (even if its for 90 bucks). Moral of my story, if you give up on support (regardless of how bad it is) they win.
    11-12-14 02:40 PM
    I'll agree that I've basically given up in the case of the device where the screen split. With a little baby in the house and 10h per day spent at the office, I don't have the energy or the time to argue with them as much as I would normally. It was easier for me to deal with the issue myself despite voiding the warranty in the process. The latest issue to which this new thread refers to will be different. Let's see how far I can push matters. They still haven't even given me the $220 refund they owe me.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 02:57 PM
    I'll agree that I've basically given up in the case of the device where the screen split. With a little baby in the house and 10h per day spent at the office, I don't have the energy or the time to argue with them as much as I would normally. It was easier for me to deal with the issue myself despite voiding the warranty in the process. The latest issue to which this new thread refers to will be different. Let's see how far I can push matters. They still haven't even given me the $220 refund they owe me.

Posted via CB10
    Hope your baby came with no splitting screen or lightbleed
    gallopiton likes this.
    11-12-14 03:30 PM
    Pitch black room will result in a low shutter speed so more light is making it to the sensor. So it APPEARS to be more evenly lit. I doubt it looks that perfect in real life. I also see a tiny point of light between the backspace and "P" key. This backlight issue is manufacturing tolerances at play. No idea how the keys are built and put together but if the dimensions of a key are off by even .01% you will see a slight bit of light.
    11-12-14 03:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Feel your pain, 4 kids keeps me busy every day...sugar/caffeine is your friend!!!! Or at least your friend until you crash...
    11-12-14 03:49 PM
    OP I've had some major problems with mine. For example : I hate being stopped on the street and being asked "Is that the new blackberry? Is that the passport? Wow your phone is cool!, what phone is that? Can I touch it?" Hate that stuff...its a problem. I also had the same screen splitting issue you did but I resolved it by removing the plastic. The other problem is I wish Blackberry would stop taking the high road . They are not fooling anyone pretending that they don't know what proper autocorrect for "asshollr " is!
    11-12-14 04:10 PM
131 12345 ...