Hey, I'm back again!

Just received my 6th (or 7th?) BlackBerry Passport from Shop BlackBerry. The phone looks great. The screen seems nice and solid, very minor gap above the front facing camera and notification LED, and the keyboard has no light bleed at all basically. Unfortunately, the rubber domes of L and M keys are completely collapsed. The keys work but they have no tactile feel at all. They don't click, or actuate up and down in any way making it nearly impossible to type on them since you have no idea if you've pressed anything at all. Also, the keyboard backlight on the K, L, and M keys is not working correctly. It's very dim on those keys by default, and gets substantially brighter when the keys are pressed probably indicating that the light diode on the back isn't attached properly.

This time I'm going to email Shop BlackBerry for an advance RMA, try that route instead of the phone nonsense. This officially makes 5/6 (or is it 5/7?) BlackBerry Passports that I purchased defective in one way or another. Honestly, I realize that there may be bad apples out there but this is a whole another level of inconsistent QC.

I still love my Passport but honestly, this is a becoming a cruel joke.

By the way, this Passport was built on 31-10-2014.

Edit: I'm feeling a bit better today, getting over a major flu spate, so I decided to oblige with a video recording. It's not the best, the Passport camera I used to record this isn't quite focusing as I'd expect it to, but it should do to demonstrate the problem.

https://mega.co.nz/#!XYUVADQC!gKQd3i...pMTlCid1BdDCIs

I've sent in a request to BlackBerry for an Advance RMA.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 11-11-14 at 04:18 PM.
    11-10-14 06:19 PM
    Wow,.. no offense, but,.. something is wrong with you and BlackBerry. Maybe try having someone else order it for you? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:24 PM
    I'm going to reply to myself here for a moment. Maybe this is an opportunity in disguise. Maybe I should do BlackBerry surgery, extract the keyboard and guts from my device with the split screen, transplant it onto the new device, and then assemble one solidly bad device to return to BlackBerry. I'd finally have an issue free Passport! There's a thought

If I sound a bit irked, it's because I am. How can the product QC be this shoddy, for real?

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob and flyingsolid like this.
    11-10-14 06:24 PM
    Uhhhh.... wow.... I've bought two which were both fine.... sorry to hear but 6-7 bad ones.... that sounds statistically impossible almost
    11-10-14 06:25 PM
    Wow,.. no offense, but,.. something is wrong with you and BlackBerry. Maybe try having someone else order it for you? Lol

Posted via CB10
    I'm not offended. It is insane. Believe me, they're not sending me bad devices on purpose. This was a fully factory sealed, original tape, device. It was built just a few days ago. Now, either I'm super anal (I am very picky with electronics) or honestly the QC is just not up to par for my standards.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:26 PM
    No one I know has had any issues with their new passports and these sorts of reports seem very rare on CB.... the odds of you having so many issues therefore are vanishingly small

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:27 PM
    Its really hard to take OP seriously.

He'll keep this going for hundreds of posts as he has done in the past. This is just attention seeking.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:29 PM
    Uhhhh.... wow.... I've bought two which were both fine.... sorry to hear but 6-7 bad ones.... that sounds statistically impossible almost
    It's 5, and yes, that's what I thought too. Surely, the next one will be fine I said. Ya right! <_<

The thing is this, maybe I need to level with everyone here as to what I consider a defect

Light bleed through or around the keyboard.
    Light bleed above notification LED.
    Sticky keys that occasionally stay depressed when pushed down.
    Splitting screen.
    Uneven keyboard backlight.
    Collapsed keys.

The light bleed issues I can live with, they're more nuisances than anything (unless severe of course).

I don't have the right emoticon to express my shock at my experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:34 PM
    Its really hard to take OP seriously.

He'll keep this going for hundreds of posts as he has done in the past. This is just attention seeking.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha, I know. I'm finding it difficult to take myself seriously. How can it be? Well, it can I guess and it is.

I'm not sure I have a mic sensitive enough to record the key clicking, otherwise I'd show you. I could probably record the backlight issue in a darker room so I'll see about doing that.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:37 PM
    Close this thread please!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:37 PM
    Ocd?

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    11-10-14 06:38 PM
    Ocd?

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    Nope hahaha, I wish that was the issue. Just really crappy luck it seems.

I'll tell you what though, if there is somebody in Vancouver BC who is doubting me, I'd gladly see if I can arrange a time with them to show them exactly what happens on the new device.

I **** you not, I actually got that many iffy Passports. I've gotten rid of all but two, well three now.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:39 PM
    Maybe we should all donate so you can keep buying up the defective ones out of the channel. Take <insert statistically determined number of defects in production> for the team.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900, Evindzer and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-14 06:46 PM
    Maybe we should all donate so you can keep buying up the defective ones out of the channel. Take <insert statistically determined number of defects in production> for the team.

Posted via CB10
    I like your idea. I seem to be a magnet for defective Passports.

Posted via CB10
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    11-10-14 06:52 PM
    Whatever!

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-10-14 07:04 PM
    Light bleed from the notification LED? You must be joking. The notification LED flashes for less than half a second, maybe less, it's impossible to detect if there's any light bleed from it...

Like you said, it's impossible to take you seriously.

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    11-10-14 07:04 PM
    If they had a 10% defect rate (and that would be bad...) then getting 7 defective units in a row would be a 1 in 10000000 chance. As they have only sold lets say 1000000 units, they would need 1 in every 7 units to be defective to realistically achieve this. I don't think one in 7 people are unhappy

What I am saying is that it is highly unlikely that a standard QC fault is the cause. There was either an entire defective batch of which you keep getting, or there is a problem in transit. You could of course just be the unluckiest person on the planet

I reckon a frankenpassport is the way to go. Take all the good bits I'm sure BB might disagree though
    11-10-14 07:08 PM
    I have to admit I was a doubter in the OP's previous thread but when I saw that he/she posted close to the 100, 200, and 300 post marks, I realized this was no bogus thread.

It's not often someone posts 100 times in their own thread, so it must truly be an issue.

As for my defective Passport, I can report there is light bleeding from the O, L, T, R, and surprisingly the L again, perhaps twice as bright as the other defects. Again, the affected letters are: T, R, O, L, and finally...L.

Does anyone else have issues with these letters, in this forum, on their Passports?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 07:44 PM
    Nope hahaha, I wish that was the issue. Just really crappy luck it seems.

I'll tell you what though, if there is somebody in Vancouver BC who is doubting me, I'd gladly see if I can arrange a time with them to show them exactly what happens on the new device.

I **** you not, I actually got that many iffy Passports. I've gotten rid of all but two, well three now.

Posted via CB10
    Hey guy, you know this forum supports the posting of pictures. Maybe since you have so much spare time you could take a few and post them. That'd be great. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    11-10-14 08:12 PM
    Just so we're clear make... I don't care and I doubt anyone else does.

Posted via CB10
    boody78, ultra07 and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-14 08:21 PM
    So sad ...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 08:24 PM
    Interesting replies in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 and stratax like this.
    11-10-14 08:33 PM
    My cup of tea was cold this morning. Poxy water....

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    11-10-14 09:29 PM
    I love my Passport, despite being flawed. It's crazy to assume that I have anything to gain by making up defects. I like flawless devices because they fetch the best price when resold. Even small faults kill resale value.

Posted via CB10
    the phone itself being a blackberry already killed the resale value, if you care about that get an iphone
    Ankit RS likes this.
    11-10-14 09:56 PM
    I believe you OP.

I just finally got a good Passport after 3 attempts.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 11:26 PM
131 123 ...