No, it is hardware. A wear and tear issue with the keyboard. The time it has taken for the keyboard to start acting up happened to coincide with an OS update.

This was discussed at length in the Q10 double typing thread. A software fix would extend the time interval for a key press to be considered single. That's all that is needed. All physical keyboards will eventually double type as the rubber lining under the keys wears out.

Another solution is to train yourself to type with harder key presses.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Type harder key presses. interesting method, I will give it a go. Maybe it's our typing habit that makes this problem not so wide spread after all.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:35 AM
    If the passport keyboard is constructed in the traditional blackberry way, it's probably hardware related. Generally, it's either improperly positioned discs or contamination.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    03-18-15 01:36 AM
    Again I can't stress this enough it's not hardware because in certain apps like text messaging and browser it's prevalent within the first couple of sentences. While I'm typing an email in multiple paragraphs lengths it does not happen at all.

No, it is hardware. A wear and tear issue with the keyboard. The time it has taken for the keyboard to start acting up happened to coincide with an OS update.

This was discussed at length in the Q10 double typing thread. A software fix would extend the time interval for a key press to be considered single. That's all that is needed. All physical keyboards will eventually double type as the rubber lining under the keys wears out.

03-18-15 05:38 AM
    interesting why things happen to different models of passport not going there but i read a lot of issues i havent seen yet maby i need to live on the edge trying new os as soon as they come out no more safe zone waiteing for carrier releases.
    03-18-15 05:48 AM
    Again I can't stress this enough it's not hardware because in certain apps like text messaging and browser it's prevalent within the first couple of sentences. While I'm typing an email in multiple paragraphs lengths it does not happen at all.
    If it was my phone doing this, I'd revert to 10.3.0 to see if the problem disappeared -- and determine whether it actually is a software issue.
    03-18-15 12:15 PM
    s's's's's's's's'w'w'w'w'wwwwddssssssssssswwklll热点色 额a版本宝宝贝贝vu应用于夜夜夜夜内部

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:48 PM
    反反复复的v本土化vvv

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:50 PM
    I'm picking up a similar problem myself, especially with the "o" key. Seems to have started after the last OS upgrade (10.3.1.1715 on SQW100-1). Don't know if it's related.

The Passport has never been dropped and has no water damage.
    03-23-15 01:59 AM
    I'm picking up a similar problem myself, especially with the "o" key. Seems to have started after the last OS upgrade (10.3.1.1715 on SQW100-1). Don't know if it's related.

The Passport has never been dropped and has no water damage.
    It is not hardware related. It is OS problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:19 AM
    Apparently I went lurking around other hardware threads and found out it's happening on the Classic, the Z10 which is a full touchscreen device and Q10 as well. BlackBerry needs to investigate into this and fast because people are sending it for warranty for the wrong reasons.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-991062/
    03-23-15 06:51 AM
36 12