Hey crackberry
    I need sugestions on how i can resolve my whatsapp error.

I installed the latest whatsapp apk from their webpage and used whatsapp fix from bbworld.
    So i have no problem sending media files. But whenever i make a video call and they accept the call on the other side it just says connecting on their mobile. On my pp it just says calling and then crashs after some time.
    If someone tries to call me on whatsapp it dosnt ring but gives me a notification in the hub that i have a missed call.

So is there somebody who have tried error like that and maybe have a solution fot it.
    12-10-17 07:38 AM
    Have you tried reinstalling the app? You're downloading it from here, right?

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    andy957 likes this.
    12-10-17 10:43 AM

Yeah i am downloading from the same site and tried reinstalling 2 times. Tried hardreset my pp and tried installing again but still same error... Maybe if somebody have a working apk which they can send me.
    Maybe the aap have been updated and thats why its giving the error.
    12-10-17 11:12 AM
    WhatsApp builds expire so if it's an app specific issue you'd only get a working version for a few weeks or months before it gets blocked and you're forced to upgrade to a newer version again.

Some users have had similar issues in the past but I think reinstalling fixed it for them. If anyone else is having this issue hopefully they can post here as well.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-10-17 12:28 PM
    I instead installed whatsup on apkpure and it goes very well whitout installing any other thing

Posted via CB10
    12-10-17 12:44 PM
    I instead installed whatsup on apkpure and it goes very well whitout installing any other thing

Posted via CB10
    Try to send media.
    12-10-17 12:52 PM
    I must say you are right

Posted via CB10
    12-10-17 01:09 PM

Yeah i used the same link. Tried even hardreset my pp and install whatsapp but same error..

Maybe if someone have a working apk ( even if it is a littlebit old its ok )

I think they have updated the app thats why i am getting the error.
    12-10-17 01:23 PM
    WhatsApp builds expire so if it's an app specific issue you'd only get a working version for a few weeks or months before it gets blocked and you're forced to upgrade to a newer version again.

Some users have had similar issues in the past but I think reinstalling fixed it for them. If anyone else is having this issue hopefully they can post here as well.
    I will try to install it again and hopefully it will work.. I will write back again with the outcome
    12-10-17 02:33 PM
    Just tried to install whatsapp through the link but still same error.. Any other suggestion ?
    12-10-17 02:51 PM
    Just tried to install whatsapp through the link but still same error.. Any other suggestion ?
    When you uninstall, do you restart your device and then reinstall the app? If not, try that and see if it works?
    Dragoljub073 likes this.
    12-10-17 07:30 PM
    I try that and report back

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 01:56 AM
    Invictus0 it worked ... right now i AM feeling little stupid that i havnt tried it before haha.... but thank you soo much for your help.

Posted via CB10
    Invictus0 likes this.
    12-11-17 04:48 AM
    Aaannnd we are back again. Its the same thing. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-17 03:23 AM
    Upgrade to an Android/iOS device for a flawless WhatsApp experience.
    12-12-17 04:58 AM
    Aaannnd we are back again. Its the same thing. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, do you know what might have caused this (too many calls, a device restart, etc)?
    12-12-17 10:05 AM
    Hmm, do you know what might have caused this (too many calls, a device restart, etc)?
    Okay i took a look at it. And its working now since yesterday.
    Here is what i did.
    I hårdresseted My pp and installed whatsapp as first Thing and that did the trick.
    I AM on update 10.3.2.2836 havnt got the New ota yet. Before i couldnt uninstall android apps because of the bug in android runtime and had to install the runtime update from bbworld.
    But this time i did it without the updated runtime and whatsapp works pretty good. I cann actually for the first time uninstall apps without installing runtime update. So i dont if there were a link between Them but i AM pretty happy it works

Posted via CB10
    12-13-17 01:22 PM
    I downloaded it from https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    And its working fine
    But will it stop working after 31st December?
    Thanks

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    12-13-17 01:48 PM
    I downloaded it from https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    And its working fine
    But will it stop working after 31st December?
    Thanks

Its only the BlackBerry version which is going stop and not the android version. So the one you have Will keep working after 31.dec

Posted via CB10
    12-13-17 01:56 PM
    Thanks Umair
    That really sounds great
    I can stay with my Passport longer!

12-13-17 01:58 PM
    Thanks Umair
    That really sounds great
    I can stay with my Passport longer!

No problem

I have been using it for a Day now and what i have observed is that it cant connect at first try sø you have to call 2 ør 3 times before it connects. The App is also heavy on the battery. It took 10 percent of the the battery and it was only 10 min video call. So Yeah works but only going to use it when i really need it.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 09:00 AM
    So far I haven't got any call problems
    But yes definitely like any other android app, it consumes lot of battery. But still glad it works fully now, thanks to this thread!

12-14-17 09:02 AM