I was using a nexus 6 and the hub, blend and battery life keeps me sticking around. I have gotten every app I use to work on the bbp. Really a great phone
    GusGF likes this.
    06-04-15 09:25 AM
    I was using a nexus 6 and the hub, blend and battery life keeps me sticking around. I have gotten every app I use to work on the bbp. Really a great phone
    I was actually going to get a Nexus 6 when I spotted the BBP and thought I'd give it a try. Hope I feel the same as you do
    06-04-15 12:10 PM
    My communication needs were met by the Passport so I stuck with it, fell in love with it, and even got a second one. I use both simultaneously as they are for business and personal lines.

Communication is my priority, as for other apps, essential apps I either loaded via snap or amazon, and non essential I loaded on my android tablet.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 12:48 PM
    Op you're going to have to take a gander and give the Passport a try. I did myself and after moving away from Android I could never look back. The best phone decision I have made in a long time. The Passport is a productivity and messaging beast.

You will love the productivity, security and personalization features that BlackBerry have to offer like the Hub, the physical clicking keyboard the customization of notification, the bright and sharp LED screen for sunny days, the wide screen for reading more words per line, stronger reception, loud speakers, clear HD calls, swipe gestures and many more you will discover along the way.

If you're looking to get things done and you're always on the go with your job or daily life then BlackBerry is the ultimate platform for that. If you're looking to have fun with apps, games, videos and social media then iPhones or Android is your best luck.
    Zeratul57 and GusGF like this.
    06-04-15 01:22 PM
    Dolphin browser works great on the Passport. I know because I needed flash support for JOOMAG. FLASH MAGAZINES.
    You know Barbara Eden. I dream of Jeanne. She has a great magazine every month that is worth checking out.
    Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    gilbert khayat and GusGF like this.
    06-04-15 02:01 PM
    The nexus 6 is a great phone, but the battery life is not there, if you are dealing with a lot of emails it is very average, and phone calls were average. The Passport is phenomenal at all 3 things. The one thing that I missed was chromecast and HBO Now but I fixed both of those and I now am missing nothing from the 6.
    GusGF likes this.
    06-04-15 03:04 PM
    OP, please check back with your thoughts on the phone once you get it.
    06-04-15 04:04 PM
    Damn. I see the problem -- why people are so excited with Passport. They moved to the Passport from all-touch phone and they are excited they finally got a PKB -- or upgraded from an older BB with smaller keyboard. I, for one, moved to the Passport from ANOTHER phone with PKB (droid4), and, actually, every single phone I had for last SEVENTEEN YEARS had better qwerty keyboard than Passport :-))
    06-04-15 04:33 PM
    Damn. I see the problem -- why people are so excited with Passport. They moved to the Passport from all-touch phone and they are excited they finally got a PKB -- or upgraded from an older BB with smaller keyboard. I, for one, moved to the Passport from ANOTHER phone with PKB (droid4), and, actually, every single phone I had for last SEVENTEEN YEARS had better qwerty keyboard than Passport :-))
    Yes. That's it. Completely. Not because we know what we like, but obviously because we don't know what we're missing.

Thanks for the valuable insight. I feel so enlightened.

Posted via CB10
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    06-04-15 05:56 PM
    I personally think that if the public knew better the Slider would be selling very well just like the Torch did.
    06-04-15 07:58 PM
    The face palm. Needs more palms.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    miker476 likes this.
    06-04-15 08:57 PM
    I can't seem to understand why you would stick with a Passport given that you seem to not like it at all.

I would have returned it right away and stuck with the phone that I felt would be the best for my needs and stop complaining about a phone that doesn't fit my needs.

I believe this thread was started by a person who was interested in using a Passport. If you, arkenoi, have nothing to contribute about this, please either stop making comments that are not at all helpful, or find another thread to find whatever it is you're looking for because I'm quite sure it won't be in this thread, or this entire forum for that matter.

SQW 100-3 10.3.1.1955
    06-04-15 09:19 PM
    Yeah, man...just git already. What's your point, anyway?

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1, v.10.3.2.798
    06-04-15 09:28 PM
    I explained that already. I may dislike Passport, but no better options are available today.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 02:10 AM
    The problem is; you will get a lot of noobs, fanboy noobs even, commenting: "BB is the best, try it!! Etc etc"

I have in my posession, the best, most advanced, and most powerfull android device ever produced, the Samsung S6 Edge:
    Android user going to try out a Blackberry-img_20150605_093340.jpg

Nobody can compare android and blackberry the way I do; because they are comparing against older models, or buggy android versions and what not.

In this case, all those noobs are actually right; BB10 is the best platfrom, and the Passport is an amazing device. Even 2015 android models like the S6 Edge still have unrealiable touch input; scrolling on a website will often produce weird accelaration, a lot of apps, like the Pebble app (I made this video): https://www.sendspace.com/file/4dib5f are laggy as hell. Memory management is weird also: 2.6GB of ram and after booting around 700MB free?.. Android is so unpolished that I don't even understand why people would take its apps as a plus.

On my Passport I use the most email, calendar, browser, and IM (facebook, whatsapp, sms). In these fields, there is no comparison. I don't care about having to download instagram through snap, if this means my browser, calender email and IM experience are the best in class, then I will gladly sideload 1 app every few months.

So don't always believe blackberry fanboys, even if, in this case, they are right
    06-05-15 02:45 AM
    Nobody can compare android and blackberry the way I do; because they are comparing against older models, or buggy android versions and what not.
    Everyone bow down to DeRedder, only he can truly compare Android to BlackBerry. The rest of us here at Crackberry, some with likely years more experience hacking/modding/developing on the Android platform, are simply "noobs" because the SoC, read/write speeds, and memory modules of our Android devices are past generation.

Noob.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    06-05-15 03:06 AM

So my knowledge is invalid (even though I work in the mobile business)...........lol

So who made you the boss around here?
    21stNow likes this.
    06-05-15 03:31 AM
    Everyone bow down to DeRedder, only he can truly compare Android to BlackBerry. The rest of us here at Crackberry, some with likely years more experience hacking/modding/developing on the Android platform, are simply "noobs" because the SoC, read/write speeds, and memory modules of our Android devices are past generation.

Noob.
    preach
    06-05-15 03:32 AM
    One negative thing that BlackBerry should work it out is the refund strategy. I purchased few useless apps that I tried to refund with no luck. No app purchase again until this whole strategy is fixed.
    arkenoi likes this.
    06-05-15 03:34 AM
    a clock that is broken is right twice a day. so yeah, as I said sometimes the noob is right. But again, there are a looooooot of noobs on this forum.

Android specs don't mean anything, believe me. The Z10, which is the hardware equivalent of a Galaxy S3, is loading and rendering pages on the same wifi network, almost as fast as the Galaxy S6 Edge, sometimes faster.
    That is against both the default 5.0.2. browser, as well as the latest version of Chrome. They both have different resolution screens but that should not have an effect on page render time.

A noob would look at the specs and think: oh this S6 Edge is an order of magnitude faster, so it will probably have the best browsing experience!!
    But the reality really differs. And if the most powerful android device ever conceived, is almost going head to head with the Z10 with regards to webbrowsing experience, then you know how the rest should fare..
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    06-05-15 05:01 AM
    when taking advantage of the Hub, any BB10 device is going to be faster than an Android device, as android requires a lot more steps to get the same thing done.

Android: "I want to have a quick look at that attachment again, where is it?", and so on
    06-05-15 05:04 AM
    To the OP: try the Passport, and if you don't like it, return it and get your money back.

To those whining about the Passport, I'm sorry you didn't return it within the return period because otherwise you wouldn't be whining about it, now would you?

And to those of us labeled noobs, fan boys, and whatever else, well... more power to us. Lol!

via Z30
    06-05-15 05:05 AM
    also LOL at "hacking" android @poi25; let me guess, you once installed a custom rom? :'-)
    06-05-15 05:09 AM
    Sorry to say that but Samsung is an experimental company that throws out useless features and if it doesn't workout they just remove it from their new model. And you know how laggy the phone becomes with those useless features are added. BlackBerry on the other hand adds features that makes sense at least to me. Enhancing the typing experience on the passport and ofcourse many other features like the HUB. If you really want to compare I advise comparing the phone against Google nexus or iPhone. Samsung is trying to attract customers buy adding non added value features like the curve. Can someone explain why would I need a curved screen on my phone. Why would I need to wave to the phone to do something.

My advice don't be attracted to features that doesn't add value or doesn't enhance your productivity. Cheers

Oh one more thing I used to have Samsung since Note 2, 3 and 4 before I switched. I always felt that I can't live without the Spen. But here I am don't really care about it anymore.
    06-05-15 05:41 AM
    also LOL at "hacking" android @poi25; let me guess, you once installed a custom rom? :'-)
    What's a custom ROM?

Oh one more thing I used to have Samsung since Note 2, 3 and 4 before I switched. I always felt that I can't live without the Spen. But here I am don't really care about it anymore.
    I'm absolutely obsessed with pennable tablets for note taking and owned a Note 2 back in the day. I took out the S Pen maybe thrice. Writing on a screen that small is impractical, I don't see how it's productive. But I really wish the awesome edge response of the wacom digitizer on the Note lineup would transfer to the tablet space.
    06-05-15 01:38 PM
76 1234