I think this might be a runtime version issue. I tried installing the Android Play Store version of Facebook. I ran it through Lucy Patcher, installed it. When I opened it I received a android version incompatibility message. The BlackBerry World version runs fine. Is it the runtime version that is the problem? Will the new,yet unreleased BB OS have the updated runtime?
    Just curious.

Sent using my BlackBerry Passport
    01-29-15 06:22 AM
    Yes I think you need to download older version...before 4.3 perhaps...

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-29-15 07:39 AM
    Yes I think you need to download older version...before 4.3 perhaps...

Posted via CB10
    I kinda figured that would be the case. I'll just stick with what I have since A: I don't know where to get the older runtime and install it and B: it might screw up some of the other Android apps I have running. I will keep it mind for future reference, and do a search to find it.
    Thanks for the reply.

01-29-15 11:23 AM
    No problem you can just google it like 'facebook older version'...you will find them. I have already installed older google maps because the newest one is not working...it won't mess up other apps I have done it many times already haha...

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-29-15 03:37 PM
    I think this might be a runtime version issue. I tried installing the Android Play Store version of Facebook. I ran it through Lucy Patcher, installed it. When I opened it I received a android version incompatibility message. The BlackBerry World version runs fine. Is it the runtime version that is the problem? Will the new,yet unreleased BB OS have the updated runtime?
    Just curious.

As far as I know you don't need to run Facebook trough the Patcher, that might be your issue
    01-29-15 03:46 PM
    My mistake, I thought you were referring to older runtime versions. Actually a BB Facebook update just hit, I installed it. I'll see if it has the feature that is missing in the previous/"yesterday" version.
    Thanks again. I appreciate it.
    01-29-15 04:03 PM
    As far as I know you don't need to run Facebook trough the Patcher, that might be your issue
    I knew the version in BB World would not have to be patched, I just assumed the version in Google Play would have to be. Still learning the new BB/Android compatibility stuff.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 01-29-15 at 04:34 PM.
    01-29-15 04:05 PM
    I knew the version in BB World would not have to be patched, I just assumed the version in Google Play would have to be. Still learning the new BB/Android compatibility stuff.
    That's what I meant the android version doesn't have to be patched
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-30-15 02:40 PM